• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most owners love Watson, while the players association has got to be hating him...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson has singlehandedly killed the fully guaranteed contract argument for a long time in the NFL.

My brother-n-law is a BIG Browns fan, so unfortunately he talks about them with me all the time. I wonder how good the Browns would be right now (and over the past few seasons) if they simply had kept all those draft picks and didn't have that huge contract hanging around their NFL cap neck that the Watson trade cost them?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also fear something like this for Lamar Jackson.

Taking unnecessary hits shortened RGIII's career.

Those NFL QBs need to study how Russell Wilson slides to avoid those big hits.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson has singlehandedly killed the fully guaranteed contract argument for a long time in the NFL.

My brother-n-law is a BIG Browns fan, so unfortunately he talks about them with me all the time. I wonder how good the Browns would be right now (and over the past few seasons) if they simply had kept all those draft picks and didn't have that huge contract hanging around their NFL cap neck that the Watson trade cost them?

There's got to be injury insurance, but the cap hit and draft picks lost will hurt like hell.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson's football IQ is off the charts, not too many players are capable of doing what he does.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too, but he can see the big hit coming and avoid it (And still get the 1st down in a big spot) while some guys don't know when to slide or go out of bounds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe we've seen the cap to high much leverage we can give QBs. The fully guaranteed contract is likely to not be considered again but I wouldn't be stunned if we see more Lamar Jacksons trying to work without an agent.

WRs seem to be more important than ever so teams are going to have to save money for that WR room. WR positional value imo could arguably be the 2nd most valuable position in today's game and Im not sure the numbers are there yet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the dumbest contract signing of all time and the trade is up there as well. My post back then: Browns get Watson (#58) pretty much summed it up perfectly. All said, if it was going to be some team to revolutionize the process by being stupid as fuck, makes sense it's the Browns... so at least all is right in the NFL world.

Browns are going to Brown..

Might be the dumbest trade in NFL history... and then the resigning? LMFAO... OMG if the rapist gets injured in the next 12 months RIP team. Which... Eh I guess the Browns are used to basically no team.

That contract is FULLY GUARNATEED... it's WORSE than Rodgers' contract who is a) just as talented if not better, b) has been playing recently.

F
F
FFF
F
FF
F
F
F
FF
GRADE

FFFFFFFF

BROWNS... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's another young QB who has all world skills, talent and has been ultra productive and he hits the free market: I guarantee somebody will be willing to sign him to a fully guaranteed contract.

If Burrow or somebody forces a trade right now and tells the teams looking for him that he'd only sign a contract with them if it was fully guaranteed....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's another young QB who has all world skills, talent and has been ultra productive and he hits the free market: I guarantee somebody will be willing to sign him to a fully guaranteed contract.

If Burrow or somebody forces a trade right now and tells the teams looking for him that he'd only sign a contract with them if it was fully guaranteed....
True, but if Kyler Murray does the same thing you will see owners walk away. Watson failing moves the needle but it doesn't entirely change the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the dumbest contract signing of all time and the trade is up there as well. My post back then: Browns get Watson (#58) pretty much summed it up perfectly. All said, if it was going to be some team to revolutionize the process by being stupid as fuck, makes sense it's the Browns... so at least all is right in the NFL world.
I don’t think it’s a bad trade per say. I think this is what a franchise that can’t draft and develop a QB has to take a swing at. Is it a chance? For sure. But if you’re the Browns and you haven’t seen a solid QB since Bernie Kosar I think you have to take chances like this. There’s still time for it to work out if Watson comes back healthy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s a bad trade per say. I think this is what a franchise that can’t draft and develop a QB has to take a swing at. Is it a chance? For sure. But if you’re the Browns and you haven’t seen a solid QB since Bernie Kosar I think you have to take chances like this. There’s still time for it to work out if Watson comes back healthy.

Well my grade was twofold. I said MIGHT be the dumbest trade (guy was going to be coming off of 1.5 years of no football - guess you could say some players get injured and come off a year+ but they don't get HUGE trades like that), but the contract really pounded home the dumbest 'combined trade' given the resigning had to happen.

If I trade you $100 for a grilled store bought hot dog with the fixings because I don't want to go to the store and grill my own hot dog, fine. I get a hot dog. It's still a shit deal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my grade was twofold. I said MIGHT be the dumbest trade (guy was going to be coming off of 1.5 years of no football - guess you could say some players get injured and come off a year+ but they don't get HUGE trades like that), but the contract really pounded home the dumbest 'combined trade' given the resigning had to happen.

If I trade you $100 for a grilled store bought hot dog with the fixings because I don't want to go to the store and grill my own hot dog, fine. I get a hot dog. It's still a shit deal.
People forget that Cleveland was out on his list of desired teams. In order for them to get back into it, they had to do what nobody else was willing to do…come with the guaranteed contract. Again…it’s born out of desperation taking a swing at a guy at the most important position in football when they haven’t had that guy in almost 40 years. If I’m a Browns fan, I’m bummed it’s not working out but I’m glad my team is taking a swing.

Also…the worst trade in my eyes is that Hershel Walker trade that set up the Cowboys for 3 championships in 4 years. This one isn’t even close to that trade.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also…the worst trade in my eyes is that Hershel Walker trade that set up the Cowboys for 3 championships in 4 years. This one isn’t even close to that trade.
True, but a huge part of that trade is hitting on Emmitt Smith at pick 17 and Darren Woodson at 37. If they drafted James Williams and Amp Lee we wouldn't be talking about the trade. Cowboys deserve tons of credit for that insane trade but also for drafting well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but a huge part of that trade is hitting on Emmitt Smith at pick 17 and Darren Woodson at 37. If they drafted James Williams and Amp Lee we wouldn't be talking about the trade. Cowboys deserve tons of credit for that insane trade but also for drafting well.
I’m an Eagles fan, my guy. So anything that benefits the Cowboys = defacto worst thing ever haha.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is he ever going to play another NFL game?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Any trade that involves draft picks is completely subject to what that team does with those picks. You hit, it's great. You don't, it's meh, whatever. The Russell wilson trade means very little if Seattle doesn't use it to hit the last 2 drafts with players like Charles Cross, Devon Witherspoon, Boye Mafe and Derick Hall (if he pans out). If the Seahawks draft nobody of note, all they get is a pretty good pass catching TE and a backup QB.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the blown out acl year two in washington ruined his career there and lead to his release.just was,nt the same player when he came back from it.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giving up 3 first round picks for him certainly was,nt very smart.