• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 reasons why the NFL got Deflategate punshiment wrong

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they dont ban for actual trolling here. they call it trolling, but it isnt.

shit, i got banned from the seahcocks board in 45 seconds when i got back here.

I was a little shocked, actually. I don't think I'd ever been called a troll until I got here, but the moment I landed, I was getting labeled as such by most everyone, particularly on a Mariners thread (is it a Seattle thing?).

I'll be the first to admit that my style can be irreverent and abrasive, but I never say things I think are untrue or that I can't support just to rile folks up. I like discussing/debating sports, especially baseball, and when I'm proven wrong, I'll tip my cap and say it.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind Holy, compared to you, a watery shit is clever.

Do yourself a favor, quit flailing around in the deep end and ask someone to read and explain my initial point to you.

Oh, it's the Angry Guy from Cleveland routine. I never saw that coming(yawn).

Perhaps you are the one that needs the lifeline? You are the one talking about driving Internet traffic when you work in a call center all day. You are out of your league, Junior.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pansies should have been here when people got banned from the entire board for basically nothing after posting on the 9'ers board. There are a few other boards I won't mention where non fans of that team really aren't welcome.

I just don't get why some of you make a big deal out of it. You are basically free to go nuts here where there is a bigger audience. Why the need for taunting people on their own board too? Why do you care if people want a place that is entirely free of taunting to have normal conversations? Pretty much all of them still come here and enjoy this as well.

Let everyone enjoy chatting the way they want it. It's not yours to decide to take a shit on as you see fit.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pansies should have been here when people got banned from the entire board for basically nothing after posting on the 9'ers board. There are a few other boards I won't mention where non fans of that team really aren't welcome.

I just don't get why some of you make a big deal out of it. You are basically free to go nuts here where there is a bigger audience. Why the need for taunting people on their own board too? Why do you care if people want a place that is entirely free of taunting to have normal conversations? Pretty much all of them still come here and enjoy this as well.

Let everyone enjoy chatting the way they want it. It's not yours to decide to take a shit on as you see fit.

F U Hawk

lol

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little shocked, actually. I don't think I'd ever been called a troll until I got here, but the moment I landed, I was getting labeled as such by most everyone, particularly on a Mariners thread (is it a Seattle thing?).

I'll be the first to admit that my style can be irreverent and abrasive, but I never say things I think are untrue or that I can't support just to rile folks up. I like discussing/debating sports, especially baseball, and when I'm proven wrong, I'll tip my cap and say it.
It's not just you either. Some of the Seattle fans are quite sensitive. I'm like you a little abrasive because I also like discussing/disbuting facts. Way too many fans come on here with opinions they think are facts. Then they get pissy because you refute their nonesense.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's the Angry Guy from Cleveland routine. I never saw that coming(yawn).

Perhaps you are the one that needs the lifeline? You are the one talking about driving Internet traffic when you work in a call center all day. You are out of your league, Junior.

Yeah, alright. I suspect this means you couldn't find anyone to explain it to you.

Regardless, your fresh spin on the old 'I know you are but what am I' bit has made me realize that this whole encounter with you has grown tiresome. In fact, I actually feel a bit guilty. Like I've taken a crippled kid up an elevator only to push him down the stairs flight by flight.

Have a good night, dude guy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm 100% on board with that. I stay off the team boards now unless I only say nice things about that team.

That said -- and I know it's not my call -- I'd love it if people were free to talk shit about the tribe on the Indians page. I'd probably agree with them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% on board with that. I stay off the team boards now unless I only say nice things about that team.

That said -- and I know it's not my call -- I'd love it if people were free to talk shit about the tribe on the Indians page. I'd probably agree with them.
Up to each board to decide that. There are plenty that allow pretty much everything. Eagles can take some abuse on their board and there are others. You all collectively decide.

Seahawks board welcomes opposing fans, but most of the discussions are serious. Criticize all you want, but they just don't want outright taunting. Hard to carry on real conversations with it. We just have quite a few on this site that can't tell the difference between being critical and being assholes.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just you either. Some of the Seattle fans are quite sensitive. I'm like you a little abrasive because I also like discussing/disbuting facts. Way too many fans come on here with opinions they think are facts. Then they get pissy because you refute their nonesense.

I came from FanNation when it collapsed. I've been informed that some of the FN folks really acted like asshats when they got here, but I stuck almost exclusively to the MLB threads, and for the most part hardly knew the guys who started shit here.

On the MLB threads, there was a collection of super regulars, at least a couple dozen, who were to varying degrees passionate, knowledgeable, and god damned humorous. no one got away with saying ridiculous shit because you had to support your positions with facts. At its zenith, it wasn't uncommon for the thread of the day to draw 1,500+ comments and I know for a fact there were folks that would sign on just to read and rarely post. But its heyday occurred years before the collapse.

I do miss those days and I suppose that in a way, this is my epitaph to them.

In a lot of ways, I like Sports SportsHoopla better than I did FN. Some of the features here are levels above what we had at FN. I've said it before, and with the uncomfortable risk of sounding like a kiss ass, I'll say again that I'm grateful to @HammerDown for giving me a last chance here. Even if he is a trolling homer...

:D

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came from FanNation when it collapsed. I've been informed that some of the FN folks really acted like asshats when they got here, but I stuck almost exclusively to the MLB threads, and for the most part hardly knew the guys who started shit here.

On the MLB threads, there was a collection of super regulars, at least a couple dozen, who were to varying degrees passionate, knowledgeable, and god damned humorous. no one got away with saying ridiculous shit because you had to support your positions with facts. At its zenith, it wasn't uncommon for the thread of the day to draw 1,500+ comments and I know for a fact there were folks that would sign on just to read and rarely post. But its heyday occurred years before the collapse.

I do miss those days and I suppose that in a way, this is my epitaph to them.

In a lot of ways, I like Sports SportsHoopla better than I did FN. Some of the features here are levels above what we had at FN. I've said it before, and with the uncomfortable risk of sounding like a kiss ass, I'll say again that I'm grateful to @HammerDown for giving me a last chance here. Even if he is a trolling homer...

:D

Well said, Champ.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to data presented by Warren Sharp, of Sharpfootballanalysis.com, the Patriots have, by a whopping margin, the best fumbles-to-play ratio since the start of the 2007 season, after Brady and Peyton Manning petitioned the league - to allow each team to supply its own footballs.

It's not only a whopping differential over those seasons, but a whopping differential measured against all of the teams in NFL history. After an 0-2 record in wet-weather games at Foxborough in 2006, the Patriots have a 14-1 home record playing in those games since.

Sharp asked a data scientist the chances of all that being coincidence. He was told it would be "like winning a raffle where you have a 0.0000616 probability to win."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to each board to decide that. There are plenty that allow pretty much everything. Eagles can take some abuse on their board and there are others. You all collectively decide.

Seahawks board welcomes opposing fans, but most of the discussions are serious. Criticize all you want, but they just don't want outright taunting. Hard to carry on real conversations with it. We just have quite a few on this site that can't tell the difference between being critical and being assholes.

I understand that.

I stumbled onto a Mariners thread because it was the only active MLB thread on the homepage. I walked in to someone saying some shit about 'if Mike Trout's contract was such'n'such, what is Kyle Seager going to get?' "A multiple of fuckloads less, so don't worry your little heart about it" is the correct answer to that question, but when I provided it, I was the troll.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole, just calling out bullshit. I realize the rules now and I'm not questioning them, but I wasn't aware at the time and I couldn't believe I was in the wrong for questioning that crap. Anywho, water under the bridge now, I guess.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's board is a whole different critter. Kind of didn't have a mod for a long time and there have been some posters up there that are entirely insufferable. If you find boards without mods with people going overboard there's not much you can do.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, Champ.

Thank you, Champ.

For those of you that don't know, this was one of the great posters from FN and a two-time Champion of The MLB threads' Dirty Little Fantasy League (DLFL).

When Willie throws shit at the wall, the wall sticks to it.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, Champ.

For those of you that don't know, this was one of the great posters from FN and a two-time Champion of The MLB threads' Dirty Little Fantasy League (DLFL).

When Willie throws shit at the wall, the wall sticks to it.

You're too kind, Champ. I must correct you on one point. I have only won the DLFL once, but it was so awesome it probably felt like twice. That reprobate pothead won it twice.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the guy who just got done saying "Robert Kraft single-handedly saved football."

O. M. G. :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that.

I stumbled onto a Mariners thread because it was the only active MLB thread on the homepage. I walked in to someone saying some shit about 'if Mike Trout's contract was such'n'such, what is Kyle Seager going to get?' "A multiple of fuckloads less, so don't worry your little heart about it" is the correct answer to that question, but when I provided it, I was the troll.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole, just calling out bullshit. I realize the rules now and I'm not questioning them, but I wasn't aware at the time and I couldn't believe I was in the wrong for questioning that crap. Anywho, water under the bridge now, I guess.

Your signature suggests otherwise.