• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 reasons why the NFL got Deflategate punshiment wrong

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too kind, Champ. I must correct you on one point. I have only won the DLFL once, but it was so awesome it probably felt like twice. That reprobate pothead won it twice.

God damnit! What kind of commish am I?!

Anyway, that fucking stoner @Mondo Jay wont even notice if I rescind one of his trophies and give it to you.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't impact the game, but they definitely reflect negatively on The Shield! It's bad PR for the league. Just like Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson. This isn't hard to figure out.

You're reaching. That crap is off the field and doesn't impact the scoreboard. Deflating balls because a regulation ball is apparently too hard for the Pats does. This really isn't hard to figure out. Stop grasping at straws. They cheated again, got caught again, and now have to take their lumps. Culture of cheating. Team is a disgrace.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're reaching. That crap is off the field and doesn't impact the scoreboard. Deflating balls because a regulation ball is apparently too hard for the Pats does. This really isn't hard to figure out. Stop grasping at straws. They cheated again, got caught again, and now have to take their lumps. Culture of cheating. Team is a disgrace.

I get that part. I just have a hard time pretending this is a big deal. I know that the Pats have a target on them after the Spygate BS, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime here. I'm not even sure this is any worse than the Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise for 2 years. Despite all the faux outrage, a ball that is 3% below the minimum just isn't that important.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that part. I just have a hard time pretending this is a big deal. I know that the Pats have a target on them after the Spygate BS, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime here. I'm not even sure this is any worse than the Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise for 2 years. Despite all the faux outrage, a ball that is 3% below the minimum just isn't that important.

Brady's attorney is just grabbing for strings trying to find anything he can to get the heat off of Brady. Brady is a grown man and I'm sure he understands that when you choose the action, you choose the consequence. If he was that worried about getting suspended in the first place, he would have thought about it before he chose to do it. Don't come back after the fact pointing fingers at people who had nothing to do with it. You made the bed Tom Brady, you lay in it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Butthurt Ravens fan??? How utterly....unexpected. Your city is a shithole and you fit right in.

Awe, little Chappedbutt has run out of ammo for his 1 opinion argument and has nothing left but to dis your city...
Wow, is that all you got Dr Phil Einstein ???...
Shouldn't you be in a meeting with Goodell, NFLPA, and Obama, enlightening all of them with your vast experience and expertise in this matter.....
I mean after all, you did stay at a Holiday Inn once ,right !!!!!

05_LFW_GoodFellasLaugh_instory_zpsacacqbuc.jpg

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it wasn't a big deal, why did the guy run into the bathroom to do it. You think the low fumble rate isn't a big deal either?

People are saying it's a big deal because it is a big deal. They cheated. They got caught. Now it's time for them to take their lumps.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe, little Chappedbutt has run out of ammo for his 1 opinion argument and has nothing left but to dis your city...
Wow, is that all you got Dr Phil Einstein ???...
Shouldn't you be in a meeting with Goodell, NFLPA, and Obama, enlightening all of them with your vast experience and expertise in this matter.....
I mean after all, you did stay at a Holiday Inn once ,right !!!!!

05_LFW_GoodFellasLaugh_instory_zpsacacqbuc.jpg

I hope you were able to loot some diapers last week. It sounds like you could use them.

If I lived in a dump like Baltimore, I would be as miserable as you are....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't a big deal, why did the guy run into the bathroom to do it. You think the low fumble rate isn't a big deal either?

People are saying it's a big deal because it is a big deal. They cheated. They got caught. Now it's time for them to take their lumps.

I agree it's a little sketchy. I just don't see how it affects the game as much as you would like to believe.

As I said, pumping in fake crowd noise can affect the game on the field, as well. Nobody seemed to give a shit about that, though. There is just no consistency.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you were able to loot some diapers last week. It sounds like you could use them.

If I lived in a dump like Baltimore, I would be as miserable as you are....

Look at you, getting all uppity with your Highrise and Yacht...
Oh Boy, you have arrived up there in the Land of Duped bandwagon fan....
highrise.jpg
:pound::pound::pound:

Last edited:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for the Pats they usually pick between # 25 and # 32. So no big deal really. I believe I read somewhere, I'm too lazy to go look up now. That BB has only had 4 players drafted in the top 10 or top 15 since he took over. Thye have a bunch of picks next year plus the experts are predicting three comp picks. They can package a bunch of picks and move up in the second if they want? They just can't move up in the 1st or 4th. Thye would have to surrender that pick. With BB who knows maybe he'd do that just to screw with Goodell?

Dont'a Hightower was 25, Devin McCourtey was 27, Brandon Meriweather was 24, Logan Mankins was 32. That's not even including other late first rounders Vince Wilfork at 21, Nate Solder at 17 and Chandler Jones at 21. Even late first rounders are essential to a franchise and losing one for nothing can be devistating. Yea, he could package 3 or 4 or 5 other picks into a 1st rounder but that's 3, 4 or 5 less chances to find a special player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember you being banned. Doubt it was me. Given some of your comments around here though I'm not surprised. Really can't understand why a few people have issues with the super easy rules around here. Don't troll people on their team boards. Don't post pron. Kind of simple. :noidea:
Shoot Wiz, I don't think he's ever posted on the Seahawks board. I sure don't remember him posting on our board, do you? I think he referring to guys like Rocko maybe?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football."

O. M. G. :L[/QUOTE]
Quite possibly is what I said
Dont'a Hightower was 25, Devin McCourtey was 27, Brandon Meriweather was 24, Logan Mankins was 32. That's not even including other late first rounders Vince Wilfork at 21, Nate Solder at 17 and Chandler Jones at 21. Even late first rounders are essential to a franchise and losing one for nothing can be devistating. Yea, he could package 3 or 4 or 5 other picks into a 1st rounder but that's 3, 4 or 5 less chances to find a special player.
Point taken. However my point wasn't that they haven't picked up decent players in the first round. It was that they will save a little cap room. The packing of picks would more likely be for the 2nd round. Because they way I'm reading it they would have to get a pick below where they finish in the standings. For example let's say they make the playoffs and lose in round one. Depending on schedule they would pick 24 or 25? Thye couldn't package picks to get above that. Thye would then have to forfiet that new pick because it's higher.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've been a year. Pats still complain.