• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most owners love Watson, while the players association has got to be hating him...

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Watson plays again in the fall of 2024 he will have 3 years left on his contract with a $64 million cap hit in each year... 2024, 2025 & 2026.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Watson plays again in the fall of 2024 he will have 3 years left on his contract with a $64 million cap hit in each year... 2024, 2025 & 2026.
They will likely be able to restructure that and kick the cap hit down the road. That’s what they were able to do this off season. Eventually that bill will come due but they can add to this group despite what looks like a gaudy number now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but a huge part of that trade is hitting on Emmitt Smith at pick 17 and Darren Woodson at 37. If they drafted James Williams and Amp Lee we wouldn't be talking about the trade. Cowboys deserve tons of credit for that insane trade but also for drafting well.

Very relevant point. So far with Cleveland 1st round ammo the Texans have drafted Will Anderson and a guard last year who played HORRIBLY (like worst guard in the league horrible) and is now on IR lol. We'll see if he pans out... Anderson so far looks the part. Next year we'll see...

That said, they also picked up Tank Dell and Pierce who have been VERY serviceable players and certainly a reason Stroud is looking like the next coming. Those also came from Cleveland. So 3 out of 4 hits so far... not bad. If they hit with next years 1st that could be just as bad as the Herschel trade.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but a huge part of that trade is hitting on Emmitt Smith at pick 17 and Darren Woodson at 37. If they drafted James Williams and Amp Lee we wouldn't be talking about the trade. Cowboys deserve tons of credit for that insane trade but also for drafting well.
That trade has to be seen in the context that the player market was very different in 1989 and that RBs were much more important. The Cowboys received 6 premium picks and some window dressing. The Rams received 6 similar premium picks and window dressing for Eric Dickerson, but wasted all the picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade has to be seen in the context that the player market was very different in 1989 and that RBs were much more important. The Cowboys received 6 premium picks and some window dressing. The Rams received 6 similar premium picks and window dressing for Eric Dickerson, but wasted all the picks.
I remember the Ricky Williams trade. Saints traded away 8 picks. Washington wanted Champ Bailey anyways and the Rams got Torry Holt so...yeah...RBs used to be way different. Had Washington taken Brian Urlacher or Shaun Alexander then I think they would've been seen as totally robbing the Saints.

I do think the pendulum has swung back a little too far the other way with regards to trading for picks. As long as you dont miss out on a QB or All Pro talent then F them picks is totally viable. The Titans didnt get nearly enough for AJ Brown. Chiefs probably didnt get enough for Tyreek Hill but they made it work.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also fear something like this for Lamar Jackson.

Taking unnecessary hits shortened RGIII's career.

Those NFL QBs need to study how Russell Wilson slides to avoid those big hits.

Lamar does a good job of not taking big hits when he runs. Most of the big hits he takes are behind the line of scrimmage. Some of those could be from extending plays with his agility, so it's still part of that ability package in a sense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Ricky Williams trade. Saints traded away 8 picks. Washington wanted Champ Bailey anyways and the Rams got Torry Holt so...yeah...RBs used to be way different. Had Washington taken Brian Urlacher or Shaun Alexander then I think they would've been seen as totally robbing the Saints.

I do think the pendulum has swung back a little too far the other way with regards to trading for picks. As long as you dont miss out on a QB or All Pro talent then F them picks is totally viable. The Titans didnt get nearly enough for AJ Brown. Chiefs probably didnt get enough for Tyreek Hill but they made it work.

Saints got 4 picks including 2 firsts back when they dealt him to the Dolphins, so not a huge hit ultimately for the Saints.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's football IQ is off the charts, not too many players are capable of doing what he does.

He is built much more solidly that the other 2 mentioned. Even when he gets smacked hard he gets up most times. But knowing when to get down is a life saver.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 1999 & 2000 first round picks for #5 in 1999, (Williams), should have been more than enough. The other 6 picks weren't incredibly valuable, but it was a clear and obvious overpay.

The Chiefs got a fair price for Hill. The trade was for the contract not the player. The Dolphins had to give Hill a substantial contract extension.