• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Vote for the MVP

Who is the MVP

• Total voters

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah that doesn't matter. No one realizes this but MJ had a couple seasons where his FG% was in the mid-40's and he took 24-25 shots a game. The fact is when you shoot that many times your FG% will not be too high. That being said, his % is pretty low but he does so much for the team that he is helping the team way more than hurting the team no doubt. He averages almost 11 rebounds and 11 assists. 11 rebounds for a guard is pretty amazing.

Most of those seasons however weren't really in Jordan's prime/MVP years.

Much of Jordan's career was hovering around or over 50%. and the same for his MVP seasons....In Jordan's 5 MVP seasons, in 4 of them he had a FG% of 49.5% and his worst one was at 46.5%. The only full seasons had had a FG% under 46% were his Wizards seasons at the end of his career.

From a scoring perspective, Westbrook's season is more on par with Iverson's 2000-2001 MVP season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it will be:

Harden
Westbrook
Thomas
Leonard
LeBron

What it should be:

LeBron
Harden
Westbrook
Thomas
Leonard

I have been saying LeBron should be the guy all year, but I have to back off that now. Cleveland's second half collapse moves him way down the list, IMO. In fact, I would even vote for John Wall ahead of LeBron and IT3. My list:

How it will be:

Westbrook
Harden
Leonard
LeBron
Curry/KD

How it should be:

Harden
Leonard
Westbrook
Wall
LeBron

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when his FG% is worse than every team in the league....his scoring is vastly overrated this year because of the amount of shots he takes.

His rebounding is also vastly overrated, the team let's him have uncontested defensive rebounds so that he can get the ball and get the offense going quicker, the Rockets do the same thing with Harden.

It's not like either are sitting there battling for rebounds.

And I'd still put Jordans 32.5 ppg 8 Rpg 8 APG 2.9 SPG on a 54% clip > Westbrooks 16-17 season

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah that doesn't matter. No one realizes this but MJ had a couple seasons where his FG% was in the mid-40's and he took 24-25 shots a game. The fact is when you shoot that many times your FG% will not be too high. That being said, his % is pretty low but he does so much for the team that he is helping the team way more than hurting the team no doubt. He averages almost 11 rebounds and 11 assists. 11 rebounds for a guard is pretty amazing.

Wtf are you talking about? The only year Jordan shot in the mid 40s during his Bulls tenure, was in 1986 when he only played 18 games, only started 7 due to injury, and 1998 was his second lowest when he averaged 28.7 ppg on .465%

Basketball reference is a thing, you should try it sometime, he shot ..497% for his career, and that includes the Wizards days.

Michael Jordan Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those seasons however weren't really in Jordan's prime/MVP years.

Much of Jordan's career was hovering around or over 50%. and the same for his MVP seasons....In Jordan's 5 MVP seasons, in 4 of them he had a FG% of 49.5% and his worst one was at 46.5%. The only full seasons had had a FG% under 46% were his Wizards seasons at the end of his career.

From a scoring perspective, Westbrook's season is more on par with Iverson's 2000-2001 MVP season.

I agree and AI was even worse efficiency wise. RW seems to always have a pretty low FG %. I mean if his % wasn't so low he would be averaging what MJ did probably around 35 ppg or so. He just isn't the most efficient.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are you talking about? The only year Jordan shot in the mid 40s during his Bulls tenure, was in 1986 when he only played 18 games, only started 7 due to injury, and 1998 was his second lowest when he averaged 28.7 ppg on .465%

Basketball reference is a thing, you should try it sometime, he shot ..497% for his career, and that includes the Wizards days.

Michael Jordan Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

He shot in the 40's% 6 times, most of them in the high 40's%, but I also said RW was much more inefficient than MJ. Iverson would have been a better comparison.

Thanks and I looked at it. Just sayin, for half of his career MJ shot a ton of shots and wasn't terribly inefficient but below average. In his prime, he was extremely efficient.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when his FG% is worse than every team in the league....his scoring is vastly overrated this year because of the amount of shots he takes.

Don't forget, Russ is the point guard.

Jordan or Kobe taking 35+ shots is one thing, Russ doing it is quite another. Their primary job is to score. The point guard is in charge of the entire offense, not just his own. Scoring PGs are fine, but there needs to be a balance.

Last night, Westbrook shot the ball 40 times. The other 4 starters combined to shoot 34. Russ had 11 assists, while the rest of the team combined for 7. The majority of Russ' shots come on possessions where no other player touches the ball.

Would they have won last night if Westbrook had not taken over? No chance. But, for every game the Thunder have won because of Russ heroics, they have lost one because of them too. The trickle down affect of guys going minutes on the floor without touching the ball is impossible to measure.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shot in the 40's% 6 times, most of them in the high 40's%, but I also said RW was much more inefficient than MJ. Iverson would have been a better comparison.

You said mid 40s though

The only time he shot under 47%, was 2 years in which he only played 17 and 18 games, because of injury and baseball, he shot .465 the year he won the scoring title with 28.7 ppg, and the Wizards years after coming out of retirement and was 38/39 years old.

WestBrick will never, has never, could never be on his level.

And like I said before, Brick gets most of his rebounds just like Harden does, from the team collectively giving up boards so that they can get the ball and get the offense started quicker.

Harden/Westbrick are not battling down low and getting real rebounds, they are uncontested bullshit rebounds.

I do like WestBrick, I just think people are vastly overrated what he's doing, although still impressive.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he only averaged more than 25 FGA a game twice, and one of those years was the year he got hurt and only played 17 games.

The average for his career was 21.5 FGA

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose the MVP Westbrook's season will be remembered as the greatest single season of any player in NBA history. Big O is the last player to average a triple double and no one mentions he didn't win the MVP or finish with a winning record.

LOL no.

Reactions: TJL

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he is a beast defensively on James, but I wouldn't say kryptonite LOL.

Every single time Kawhi and LeBron go head-to-head, Kawhi owns him lol.

Just admit it. He has his number man.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was just regular season numbers. Lebron averages 26.5, 10 and 6 and 2.2 steals against Kawhi....ohh and he shoots 43% from 3. Talk about owning a guy lol.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the '13 Finals James actually had most of his success when being guarded by Kawhi.

Guarding LeBron is Spurs' top priority

He actually got D'd up better by Boris Diaw, he only shot 3/21 against Diaw in the series.

I think it's less of a Kawhi thing, and more of a Spurs defense thing when it comes to containing LeBron, they always have great role players that play defense and Pop has a great strategy for defending LeBron, much like Carlisle did in the '11 series.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just regular season numbers. Lebron averages 26.5, 10 and 6 and 2.2 steals against Kawhi....ohh and he shoots 43% from 3. Talk about owning a guy lol.

Yea, that stupid myth got conjured up by a bunch of cans just because of that stupid gif.

this one

lebronkawhi.gif

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is LeBron turning around for then? :heh: Nobody didn't tell him to turn his head :nono:

I think it's the fact that when Kawhi guards him, he knows he has to be at his best, he has to put forth the effort on offense, he has to try to initiate contact because his shot isn't going to go as easy, and he's going to have to give up some effort on the defensive side of the ball.

Like Queer bait up there said, LeBron's numbers against Kawhi are still pretty gaudy, Kawhi is an elite defender, but shutting down one of the top 10 players of all time is something elite defenders even have trouble doing.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His shooting percentage has to be weighed in context to his overall touches. He creates extra possessions with his rebounding and easy high percentage scoring with his passing. His value per possession is on a singular level. No other player has such value.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the '13 Finals James actually had most of his success when being guarded by Kawhi.

Guarding LeBron is Spurs' top priority

He actually got D'd up better by Boris Diaw, he only shot 3/21 against Diaw in the series.

I think it's less of a Kawhi thing, and more of a Spurs defense thing when it comes to containing LeBron, they always have great role players that play defense and Pop has a great strategy for defending LeBron, much like Carlisle did in the '11 series.

The Spurs team defense is incredible and it's been like that for a long time. That's why Pop is a legend. No doubt Kawhi is a great defender though.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting percentage has to be weighed in context to his overall touches. He creates extra possessions with his rebounding and easy high percentage scoring with his passing. His value per possession is on a singular level. No other player has such value.

This is not true, once again, the team collapses to let him get uncontested rebounds so that he can get the ball and get the offense started quicker, the Rockets do the same thing with Harden.

Almost none of their rebounds are contested rebounds, they are bullshit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is LeBron turning around for then? :heh: Nobody didn't tell him to turn his head :nono:

Bron Bron had 31 in that game. That was the series the Spurs couldn't miss a shot, definitely wasn't on Lebron he was amazing in that series. One of the best team Finals performances that I can remember.