• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP

Who wins MVP?

• Purdy

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mccaffrey

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Lamar

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Dak

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mahomes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Tyreek

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Hurts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the truth is MVP is a lazy reward that basically goes to one of the best teams qb. Based on the results on the field the last few weeks Lamar wins. My vote would be Hill or CMC. But he's currently in the clubhouse lead 4 strokes up on all the other qbs.

An entirely different discussion would be how many qbs would you take before you go to Lamar if you were starting a franchise?
Mahomes and maybe Allen. Maybe. He’s got too much Brett Favre/Matt Stafford in him for me to really want to build a franchise around him.

I’m sure a lot of people would also say Burrow. But I’d take Lamar over him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes and maybe Allen. Maybe. He’s got too much Brett Favre/Matt Stafford in him for me to really want to build a franchise around him.

I’m sure a lot of people would also say Burrow. But I’d take Lamar over him.
I'd probably take Burrow and Herbert over Lamar but I can see that backfiring. Maybe Stroud with some more data.

The only reason I say that is the Ravens are kinda known as one of the stronger organizations in general. The Chargers coaches have been embarrassing and Zac Taylor seems kinda iffy.

Still, Lamar Jackson's regular season record speaks for itself. I think you could make the argument for him being near the top.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably take Burrow and Herbert over Lamar but I can see that backfiring. Maybe Stroud with some more data.

The only reason I say that is the Ravens are kinda known as one of the stronger organizations in general. The Chargers coaches have been embarrassing and Zac Taylor seems kinda iffy.

Still, Lamar Jackson's regular season record speaks for itself. I think you could make the argument for him being near the top.
People could say Hurts too. I don’t mean to discount guys like him and Herbert. They have bright futures.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you refer to his running stats. Then it is important to include his 11 fumbles, not just the yards. Also No team would be a #1 seed without their starting QB. Thats not a Lamar thing.
Jalen Hurts has 15 rushing touchdowns. Lamar has 5. He's got some work to do to pass McCaffrey.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts has 15 rushing touchdowns. Lamar has 5. He's got some work to do to pass McCaffrey.
if those 15 Tds were Mike Vick like. That would be impressive.
Vulturing the TDs from the RBs from the one yard line. Might as well just credit Kelce (Eagle OL) with those TDs.
Its gotta suck to be an Eagle RB right now.

Eagles RBs work their asses off to get to the one. Hurts struts up. Dont worry guys. I'll take it from here! (just having fun with this last part) LOL

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has the stats over Lamar but Jackson has his team in better position.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny when everyone thinks QBs won or lost the games.
Dallas just lost to the Dolphins. Dak drove down on his drive that counted the most & took the lead with a touchdown pass.
then the defense gave up the final score. He never got back on the field.
Tua drove down & got in FG range.
but because the win/loss seems to only go to the QBs. Dak failed? & Tua had the amazing drive.

I understand that to win the MVP the team has to be one of the better records.
but Tua, Dak, Lamar or whoever shouldnt be counted as losing the game for their team unless they actually failed their team.
Wentz for instance. When he need to score for his team late in the game. Usually came up short. The key was to get Wentz in that position.
These other guys, the goal is not to let them have the ball last.
Dak got his ass kicked by SF & the bills. Which I think will be enough to keep him from winning the award, but Mia & Philly he did well & was 5 TDs to zero INTs. Pretty sure it wasnt Dak that caused those losses.

Just like when the Ravens win, it isnt necessarily because of Lamar. That defense has held teams to 10 points or less 6 times. 10 points. Nopt 20, but 10.
Under 20 points 10 times.
Not hard to do enough to win games when defenses are doing that. but I digress. Lamar is winning all the games.
Tua leads in yards 4214
Purdy still leads in ratings 112.2
Dak leads in Pass TDs 30
Lamar leads in wins 12 (since everyone looks at it this way)
Hurts leads in turnovers :heh: (Sorry cant help myself after eagles fans shit talking early in the season about turnovers)

BTW Goff is lurking in most of these categories. Not far behind.
McCaffrey is over 1900 yds scrimmage with 21 TDs

I imagine this thing doesnt get settled until the final games are played.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny when everyone thinks QBs won or lost the games.
Dallas just lost to the Dolphins. Dak drove down on his drive that counted the most & took the lead with a touchdown pass.
then the defense gave up the final score. He never got back on the field.
Tua drove down & got in FG range.
but because the win/loss seems to only go to the QBs. Dak failed? & Tua had the amazing drive.

I understand that to win the MVP the team has to be one of the better records.
but Tua, Dak, Lamar or whoever shouldnt be counted as losing the game for their team unless they actually failed their team.
Wentz for instance. When he need to score for his team late in the game. Usually came up short. The key was to get Wentz in that position.
These other guys, the goal is not to let them have the ball last.
Dak got his ass kicked by SF & the bills. Which I think will be enough to keep him from winning the award, but Mia & Philly he did well & was 5 TDs to zero INTs. Pretty sure it wasnt Dak that caused those losses.

Just like when the Ravens win, it isnt necessarily because of Lamar. That defense has held teams to 10 points or less 6 times. 10 points. Nopt 20, but 10.
Under 20 points 10 times.
Not hard to do enough to win games when defenses are doing that. but I digress. Lamar is winning all the games.
Tua leads in yards 4214
Purdy still leads in ratings 112.2
Dak leads in Pass TDs 30
Lamar leads in wins 12 (since everyone looks at it this way)
Hurts leads in turnovers :heh: (Sorry cant help myself after eagles fans shit talking early in the season about turnovers)

BTW Goff is lurking in most of these categories. Not far behind.
McCaffrey is over 1900 yds scrimmage with 21 TDs

I imagine this thing doesnt get settled until the final games are played.
Yeah Goff is not out of it. He has held that team together all year consistently leading them.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar says.
What they say I need more yards & TDs?

Boom! 300+ yds & 5 TDs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great showing from Lamar. Best team's QB is always a good option.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar will win but it won’t be unanimous. I can see CMAC getting around 5-10 votes.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does appear at this point to be between these two. Should be interesting to see who wins it.
I'm just saying.
If you are gonna vote for a runner. Cmac is the best runner. :becky: