• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Football Depth Chart

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams played a decent dose during the WCU game. He looked pretty good too from what I saw.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exum will not be back for GT, so I heard on the radio this morning, and Coleman is still questionable for Saturday

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt JC plays this weekend. Sounds like they'll rest him up for GT.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt JC plays this weekend. Sounds like they'll rest him up for GT.

yeah I saw that too, sounds like a smart plan, i'd rather have him 100% for GT when we can and should win against Marshall without him

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rody is back to QB from TE on the depth chart

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kind of put this here for it exemplifies potential depth chart changes week in and week out. On the OL with Grimes:

It’s why the competition for playing time at every position along the line will continue each week. “I said this is our starting five right now, but it could change,” Grimes said. “And many times in the past I’ve changed it because I feel like I want guys to feel they have to earn their job every week.”

Man I LOVE his attitude. I hope this bleeds into other areas of the team as needed. You don't want to work and take plays off - then ride the pine son...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kind of put this here for it exemplifies potential depth chart changes week in and week out. On the OL with Grimes:

It’s why the competition for playing time at every position along the line will continue each week. “I said this is our starting five right now, but it could change,” Grimes said. “And many times in the past I’ve changed it because I feel like I want guys to feel they have to earn their job every week.”

Man I LOVE his attitude. I hope this bleeds into other areas of the team as needed. You don't want to work and take plays off - then ride the pine son...

we kinda already saw this with the receivers too, DJ Coles, right? Was it Moorehead or Loeffler who told him, "we would love to have you playing, but we don't need you to win" or something along those lines, basically telling him, step it up cause if you don't there are others who will

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what the QB depth chart looks like behind Logan?

Is Leal going to be the starter next year? Or will it be Bucky or Motley? Seems like we're pretty loaded at QB all of a sudden. Will one of the younger guys push Leal or blow past him? I'd hope the coaches (and I'm sure they will) would play the best man, not favor years left under schollie.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Motley would start over Leal, Bucky, or even Ford.

I would guess Leal is #1 in the spring (especially with a trip to tOSU next year) , with competition being fairly open.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Motley would start over Leal, Bucky, or even Ford.

I would guess Leal is #1 in the spring (especially with a trip to tOSU next year) , with competition being fairly open.

Motley really looked the part in the spring/scrimmage footage I've seen. Just curious to see if anyone had a feeling about that...

I don't know what EA Sports is thinking or what they've seen of Leal, but they had him ranked fairly high in the 2014 base roster and in my second year in my VT dynasty Leal's rated 99... and just went out for the season with a broken collarbone. I now have to decide between 85 rated Bucky (who is a renamed true frosh) and 86 rated Motley... I'm leaning towards Bucky who is faster, more accurate arm.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky certainly doesn't have a more accurate arm than Motley today... I'd peg his chances of seeing the field next year at extremely low, behind Leal, Motley, Rody, and quite possibly Ford.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky certainly doesn't have a more accurate arm than Motley today... I'd peg his chances of seeing the field next year at extremely low, behind Leal, Motley, Rody, and quite possibly Ford.

Wow. Maybe I should rename dude Rody... where did he come from?

I've already got a whitey named Ford, so we're good there.

EDIT - Walk-on, got it. Haha, just rereading all of the Trimble/Rody Mr. Wizard-time-somehow-becomes-a-felony-charge stories. Wow Bburg PD... just... wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I see Bucky on the long road right now. Better athlete / higher ceiling than some of the other guys on that list, but he's got a lot of learning ahead of him. Now, he could show up in the spring greatly improved and slide up... you never know.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Motley really looked the part in the spring/scrimmage footage I've seen. Just curious to see if anyone had a feeling about that...

I don't know what EA Sports is thinking or what they've seen of Leal, but they had him ranked fairly high in the 2014 base roster and in my second year in my VT dynasty Leal's rated 99... and just went out for the season with a broken collarbone. I now have to decide between 85 rated Bucky (who is a renamed true frosh) and 86 rated Motley... I'm leaning towards Bucky who is faster, more accurate arm.

I almost always have to convince Leal to stick around for his senior season in my dynasties even when he barely plays (though usually I get Logan killed from running him too much so Leal plays at least one game).

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only concern with Leal is not his fault at all. If we go with Leal (and certainly he has earned the opportunity to start for us) then we have to break in a new QB two years in a row

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only concern with Leal is not his fault at all. If we go with Leal (and certainly he has earned the opportunity to start for us) then we have to break in a new QB two years in a row

I am all for playing the best players we got....worry about the following year when it gets here.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree .. Worry about next year when next year gets here .. If Leal is the best guy hands-on, the job should be his .. If it's a "push", I still think he should get the nod, considering that he's waited patiently behind LT ..

Talked with VTSparks about a week ago on this -- and like he said, don't sleep on Mcmillian. Kid's the real deal

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>1. THE DAYCARE IS NOW OPEN! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23COMEPLAY&amp;src=hash">#COMEPLAY</a></p>&mdash; Antone Exum Jr. (@IAmSwag1) <a href="https://twitter.com/IAmSwag1/statuses/384832627607625728">October 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree .. Worry about next year when next year gets here .. If Leal is the best guy hands-on, the job should be his .. If it's a "push", I still think he should get the nod, considering that he's waited patiently behind LT ..

Talked with VTSparks about a week ago on this -- and like he said, don't sleep on Mcmillian. Kid's the real deal

Getting a bit OT..but...

I hope he gets a legit look/shot at QB. I don't get to watch his HS stuff...but his numbers are downright ridiculous, and against what appears to be really good competition. Maybe one of you NoVA folks can chime in on his ability.

Ultimately it sounds like the majority thinks he will end up at WR or DB.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facyson to WR?? | The Key Play

sticker,375x360.u1.png

unless he's going to be playing both sides of the ball that is