• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UW @ Stanford

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fuck... I see 2011 :(

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've found a gaping hole in this team: Special Teams suck

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've found a gaping hole in this team: Special Teams suck

No doubt, the special teams looks like terrible! And then there are the penalties.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really believe in moral victories. You play to win and you either do or you don't. Having said that there is still a difference between getting blown out and looking like you don't belong and losing close games to great teams.

UW didn't lose to Stanford because Stanford outplayed them, they lost because of self inflicted wounds. That is both good news and bad. The defense was stellar all night. Stanford did manage a couple of gritty drives for scores in the second half, but they weren't giving up explosive plays.

And gentlemen, it's time for me to finally give props to #17.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This is the Keith Price we have been waiting to see for 3 years. He may not have had the best stats of any game he has played, but that was far and away his best road performance in a meaningful game of his career. He finished with 33-48-350-1 and more importantly he made meaningful drives in clutch time and carried the team at times. Bravo bravo bravo. The woes of last year are officially over for me.

I also liked his taking responsibility for the loss after the game instead of blaming the refs. He has always been a class act and this loss is no different.

The offense in general moved the ball well when they weren't causing stupid penalties again and that should make everyone feel better about next week and games on the road against ASU, Oregon State, and UCLA.

Sark said after the game that Van Winkle wasn't 100% and wasn't kicking up to his normal standard. That was really the difference in the game. If he kicks all of those out of the end zone UW wins. Sad that we lose because of a fucking kicker isn't it? As Oregon how much that hurts.

Sankey had a great night against a very tough run defense and that also bodes well for our season moving forward.

One question though: WTF has happened to ASJ? He is slow off the line and now drops balls he didn't last year. Price barely throws to him now and I'm not seeing the same passion in his blocking. I think we were doing better with his backups while he was suspended against Boise.

Losing sucks, but this is still a great team with a lot of wins left in them. They will fix the kick coverage problem and if Van Winkle is not 100% next week I'd bet Coons is back on KO duty. The penalties? Well they keep having that issue and if they do that next week they lose. Period.

Anyway, hold your head up high dawg fans. This team had a small setback, but this is still going to be a fun ride and if they win next week no one will even remember this game.

:suds:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most crushing UW football loss in a game that mattered since 02 when we lost against Michigan in our opener after coming off an 11-1 and 8-4 season with super high hopes having cody pickett and reggie williams returning.

There's so many things to point at in tonight's game

- The penalties
- The special teams giving up 14 pts
- The tipped interception
- The drop by Austin Seferian Jenkins on third down
- The call reversal on fourth down

Ahh I wanted this win so bad...more than the Texans win last week and more than tomorrow's game against the Colts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gg Stanford. You guys escaped with a win.

I've got no complaints with the refs or the possible fake injuries. I have more respect for coach Shaw and the Stanford program to think they would involve themselves in that sissy garbage.

Huskies O and D looked great minus the penalties of course. Special teams needs work. You don't keep kicking to the guy thats killing you...

I don't know why some would call this a crushing defeat. We aren't going 12-0, obvious now, but we never were. Theres a lot of positives to be taken from this and I actually feel the best Ive ever felt after a loss. UW played well enough to win, handily.

They impressed me to the point that I think they are legitimately the 3rd best team in the conference. I don't think we lose anymore other than Oregon. It looks like Sark has them playing at a high level and they will beat the teams we are supposed to beat, which is everyone we play other than Stanford and Oregon.

Figure out the special teams nonsense and kill those penalties and we may even send Oregon home crying.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW didn't lose to Stanford because Stanford outplayed them, they lost because of self inflicted wounds :

From this day forward I will back you up Wiz when your beating the drum about stupid penalties, that was one of the biggest reasons there not 5-0 this morning....Coaches better be using that example this we in practice as the motivation moving forward...

Sad that we lose because of a fucking kicker isn't it?

And no that is football, I'm sure If I started a thread about " How did your kicker screw your game?" we would have every SportsHoopla fan on here posting something...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gg Stanford. You guys escaped with a win.

I've got no complaints with the refs or the possible fake injuries. I have more respect for coach Shaw and the Stanford program to think they would involve themselves in that sissy garbage.

My complaints with the refs aren't just for this game. For decades, the Pac-10/Pac-12 has had the WORST refs in Division 1 football. Their incompetence has determined the outcome of many games. Just sad. :lame:

The flopping, I'm sorry, every time the Huskies had momentum a Cardinal would drop to the ground writhing in pain. Ref calls time out, they drag the player to the sidelines and by some MIRACLE, the player was back on the field the next play. I thought it was a soccer match at one point. HOWEVER, I blame the refs for allowing it to happen. :gaah:

Now that my rant is over, congratulations to Stanford. It is obvious to me that both teams are near equal levels. If you look at the past two seasons, home field advantage seems to be the tipping point. I really like the direction the Huskies are going. It's been a long road but we are finally seeing the team that everyone hoped for when Sark got hired. Now, if the Huskies could stop shooting themselves in the foot with all those damned penalties.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My complaints with the refs aren't just for this game. For decades, the Pac-10/Pac-12 has had the WORST refs in Division 1 football. Their incompetence has determined the outcome of many games. Just sad. :lame:

The flopping, I'm sorry, every time the Huskies had momentum a Cardinal would drop to the ground writhing in pain. Ref calls time out, they drag the player to the sidelines and by some MIRACLE, the player was back on the field the next play. I thought it was a soccer match at one point. HOWEVER, I blame the refs for allowing it to happen. :gaah:

Now that my rant is over, congratulations to Stanford. It is obvious to me that both teams are near equal levels. If you look at the past two seasons, home field advantage seems to be the tipping point. I really like the direction the Huskies are going. It's been a long road but we are finally seeing the team that everyone hoped for when Sark got hired. Now, if the Huskies could stop shooting themselves in the foot with all those damned penalties.

Well as I said in a thread regarding NCAA reffing, the only difference between pac officials and the rest is that the pac actually reprimands and sanctions theirs when they mess up. We covered many of the worst calls in NCAA history and most of them were not involving pac games, some that were involved the pac getting screwed.

I've been watching football a long time and I see shenanigans nearly every week in every conference I watch, which is all of them.

We lost this game because of penalties which continue to occur, showing a lack of discipline, and special teams.