• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you until you could only count 1 legit #1 WR. Guys like Gronk, Edelman, and Welker put up enormous numbers, even if the weren't what is typically considered a #1 WR.
Agree Gronk is a beast and should be considered a #1 when healthy. But he's not a receiver.
Edelman a 7th rounder and Welker released by the Chargers, used primarily as a ST guy on Mia. Mia tried going the cheap route and got their pocket picked by NE. Bottom line the majority of WRs on NE have been made by a BB system and playing with the GOAT QB of all-time. It's a combination of a quality QB being in a system that promotes his skill set. It will be interesting to see if Cooks is an over the top guy in NE? If so will TB be able to get him the ball? Or is Cook going to be another short route guy with break away speed? Either way it should be fun for NE fans to watch. Good luck opposing defense's

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the good ones, ALWAYS make others around him better, such as Dan Marino did with quite a few WRs during his tenure.

Agreed....You could put Sammy on our 99 RAMS GSOT(instead of Warner) and we would have never seen the playoffs! :pound:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you guys are crazy. Even Smed's Austin Davis would have been an all pro with that talent around him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys I love Warner but put him on the 2010 Rams and it's 7 wins at best. No HOF's on that team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Gronk is a beast and should be considered a #1 when healthy. But he's not a receiver.
Edelman a 7th rounder and Welker released by the Chargers, used primarily as a ST guy on Mia. Mia tried going the cheap route and got their pocket picked by NE. Bottom line the majority of WRs on NE have been made by a BB system and playing with the GOAT QB of all-time.

Welker caught 67 passes his final year in Miami from Joey Harrington and Daunte Culpepper. He had almost the same exact yds/rec his first year in NE, was just targeted 45 more times. Call it what you want, but any receiver that averages 82+ receptions per 16 games is a top receiver. Crediting that to Brady doesn't explain his 111-1165-3 with Cassel, or his emerging success with Harrington and Culpepper.

Edelman was a 7th rounder because he was a QB. If he had already converted to WR and played there for a year in college, he likely is drafted earlier. Besides, the round is based on perception from college production, not an accurate evaluation of what the finished product was. Edelman has become Welker-lite.

Nitpicking whether someone is a TE, Flanker, Slot, etc makes no sense in the face of overwhelming statistics; Brady clearly had (and has) phenomenal targets to work with.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you guys are crazy. Even Smed's Austin Davis would have been an all pro with that talent around him.
You mean the guy that had the same winning percentage with the Rams that Sammy did.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys I love Warner but put him on the 2010 Rams and it's 7 wins at best. No HOF's on that team.
This is about the stupidest comment I've ever read on tHoopla!

Warner, a HOFer QB, the guy with probably the three greatest QB 4th quarter performances in Super Bowl history (No doubt no other QB has had three 4th quarter performances that equal his three) would do no better than your favorite QB's rookie year?

Hell, Bradford himself nearly had more than 7 wins himself with a couple of close losses and you want to feed the Rams boards that one of the best QB's to ever wear horns is 7 wins at best!

That is near blasphemy on these boards and should get you kicked off for even suggesting such rubbish. Luckily for you, that is only my opinion and not the standard on the SportsHoopla boards.

Warner likely takes that 2010 team to no worse than 12 wins & a Division Title, considering all the close losses, and the state of the NFC West in 2010.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warner, a HOFer QB, the guy with probably the three greatest QB 4th quarter performances in Super Bowl history (No doubt no other QB has had three 4th quarter performances that equal his three) would do no better than your favorite QB's rookie year?

Hell, Bradford himself nearly had more than 7 wins himself with a couple of close losses and you want to feed the Rams boards that

one of the best QB's to ever wear horns is 7 wins at best!

That is near blasphemy on these boards and should get you kicked off for even suggesting such rubbish. Luckily for you, that is only my opinion and not the standard on the SportsHoopla boards.

Warner likely takes that 2010 team to no worse than 12 wins & a Division Title, considering all the close losses, and the state of the NFC West in 2010.

Love it Vita!!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, Bradford himself nearly had more than 7 wins himself with a couple of close losses and you want to feed the Rams boards that one of the best QB's to ever wear horns is 7 wins at best!

12 wins huh Vita? He only had 13 in 99 with how many HOF's on offense? 4. I don't think it's as far fetched as you think.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it Vita!!!!
2010 could have been a magic year for the Rams if they had a tenured QB.

That 2010 team ended 4 quarters of play in either a loss or tie by an average of 1.75 points.

As much disdain as I had for Spags then and now, he did have that 2010 defense going...

That defense gave up 14.45 average points per game in 11 of the 16 games played.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 wins huh Vita? He only had 13 in 99 with how many HOF's on offense? 4. I don't think it's as far fetched as you think.
We were talking about 2010 anyway.

Here is an example of Warner's play in 2010....

Kurt Warner threw five touchdowns and completed 29 of 33 passes for 379 yards in a 51–45 victory over the Green Bay Packers. The game had the highest combined total score in NFL playoff history. Warner became one of the very few quarterbacks in NFL history to throw more touchdowns (5) than incompletions (4) in a playoff game. Warner finished the game with the second highest quarterback rating in NFL playoff history with a rating of 154.1.

I won't ask the obvious playoff question, but has Sam ever won a game where his opponent put up 45 or more?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about 2010 anyway.

Here is an example of Warner's play in 2010....

Kurt Warner threw five touchdowns and completed 29 of 33 passes for 379 yards in a 51–45 victory over the Green Bay Packers. The game had the highest combined total score in NFL playoff history. Warner became one of the very few quarterbacks in NFL history to throw more touchdowns (5) than incompletions (4) in a playoff game. Warner finished the game with the second highest quarterback rating in NFL playoff history with a rating of 154.1.​

I won't ask the obvious playoff question, but has Sam ever won a game where his opponent put up 45 or more?

I don't think you can compare realistically. Bradford's never had an all pro WR certainly not 4 HOF's on offense at the same time. I'm just saying I think a lot of QB's would have had great succces on those teams.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can compare realistically. Bradford's never had an all pro WR certainly not 4 HOF's on offense at the same time. I'm just saying I think a lot of QB's would have had great succces on those teams.
Umm, dude it was you who compared them in the first place and now you are saying I can't compare them realistically? :L

Warner took two different teams to the Superbowl, had three of the greatest 4th quarter QB performances in Super Bowl history, will be inducted into the NFL HOF this year and he couldn't win 5 more games when 4 were lost by an average of less than 2 points?

Warner was a gamer QB and gamer QB's win close games like that. It's ROY QB's who lose those close games like that, so yes I think Warner wins those 4 games, wins the same 7 that Sam won, and he also wins the season finally vs SF if the playoff scenario called for Warner to even play in to get to 12 wins in 2010.

By the way, who are those 4 HOF offensive players who played with Warner?

My goodness just imagining Mark Clayton and Danny Amendola with Warner .... with Stephen Jackson in the backfield and that defense? A healthy Kurt might have had those three flirting with the HOF convo had Kurt had a few years to play with those cats......

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, dude it was you who compared them in the first place and now you are saying I can't compare them realistically? :L

Warner took two different teams to the Superbowl, had three of the greatest QB performances in Super Bowl history will be inducted into the NFL HOF this year and he couldn't win 5 more games when 4 were lost by an average of less than 2 points?

Warner was a gamer QB and gamer QB's win close games like that. It's ROY QB's who lose those close games like that, so yes I think Warner wins those 4 games, wins the same 7 that Sam won, and he also wins the season finally vs SF if the playoff scenario called for Warner to even play in to get to 12 wins in 2010.

By the way, who are those 4 HOF offensive players who played with Warner?

My goodness just imaging Mark Clayton and Danny Amendola with Warner .... with Stephen Jackson in the backfield and that defense? A healthy Kurt might have had those three flirting with the HOF had he had a few years to play with those cats......

Bruce, Holt, Pace, Faulk. And don't say it they ALL will be in someday. Not to mention the entire OL were studs. They had a great slot WR and TE. Their was no weakness.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce, Holt, Pace, Faulk. And don't say it they ALL will be in someday. Not to mention the entire OL were studs. They had a great slot WR and TE. Their was no weakness.
Now tell me about all the HOFers on the Cardinals...

BTW - Bruce and Holt are in the convo just like Fitz is and like I was inferring about Clayton, and Jackson had they got to play with Warner.

It was said earlier in this thread that good QB's bring up the level of play of those around them...

And as good as you want to paint the Rams OL, Kurt took many a hit as he threw for the completion, that was the 'Gamer' quality in him. Kurt made his offensive line look good. Kurt could have very well lead the league in sacks, but instead he kept his eyes downfield and led the league in *completions.

*Playoffs 2001/2008

As a matter of fact, Warner was sacked 38 times in 2001, one more than Bradford's career year with the Vikings (37). Still Warner led the league that year in total yards (4830), completion percent (68.7) Yards per attempt (8.8), TD's (36), QB rating (101.4) and Wins and Losses (14-2).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now tell me about the HOF on the Cardinals...

BTW - They are in the convo just like Fitz is and like Clayton, and Jackson would be if they got to play with Warner.

It was said earlier in this thread that good QB's bring up the level of play of those around them...

And as good as you want to paint the Rams OL Kurt took many a hit as he threw for the completion, that was the 'Gamer' quality in him. Kurt made is offensive line look good.

Really? the Cards had Fitz and Boldin in their prime not to mention James in the backfield. All 3 will probably be HOF's. He has always had crazy weapon around him. With great Defense to boot.

I'm just not buying Warner made all these guys HOF's sorry. Again Warner was great but you have to admit their probably has never been a QB that fell into a better situation.

Last edited: