• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's this???

Btw, the best part which you don't hear in this vid, at the end where Vermeil and Kurt were hugging, Warner says "Thanks for the chance!!!"... This was a guy who didn't get his first NFL start until he was 28 years old...

Can't compare Kurt Warner to anyone in NFL history. His story, his accomplishments, his charity work, is like something you'd see in a Disney movie and laugh off as a joke, but it wasn't!!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever actually watch Warner play? Are you too young to remember how Warner would extend plays giving his WR's extra time to get open? He often got hit as he released the ball just to buy time for his WR's to get open. This is how a QB makes those around him better and what we are talking about.

Honestly I just don't think you remember well enough if you actually think defenses were letting Holt and Bruce run wide open. I mean didn't you see the Super Bowl vs the Titans? They put blankets on those Receivers for most of the game.

What really made Warner special IMO was his timing combined with accuracy. He made sure he did whatever he could to get the ball where it was supposed to be ON TIME. WRs running precise routes were very important, but unless that ball was accurate and ON TIME, the plays blow up. That time spent in the up-tempo arena league really set him up for excellence in Martz' timing-based passing offense.

I don't think there's a QB in the league today that could've run that offense as well as Kurt did.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Shop

According to Coug, any QB could've run that offense cause it wasn't Warner that was great, the offense was loaded with HOFers, and what QB wouldn't be successful playing with all those HOFers.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really made Warner special IMO was his timing combined with accuracy. He made sure he did whatever he could to get the ball where it was supposed to be ON TIME. WRs running precise routes were very important, but unless that ball was accurate and ON TIME, the plays blow up. That time spent in the up-tempo arena league really set him up for excellence in Martz' timing-based passing offense.

I don't think there's a QB in the league today that could've run that offense as well as Kurt did.

That's right, forgot about his arena league play! Playing in a hockey rink at a fast pace is what really made him excel! Its a wonder more young qbs don't follow this type of training before entering the NFL.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Shop

According to Coug, any QB could've run that offense cause it wasn't Warner that was great, the offense was loaded with HOFers, and what QB wouldn't be successful playing with all those HOFers.

Yah! Coog hasn't posted much as of late! :pound:

Maybe he's a little bit butt hurt of all of the Sammy slamming's! :pound:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember Warner's receivers having to dive all over the place doing amazing acrobatics trying to catch his passes. He hit them in the hands in stride on the money leading them away from defenders. I've never seen Bradford or very many other QB's make passes like that.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, forgot about his arena league play! Playing in a hockey rink at a fast pace is what really made him excel! Its a wonder more young qbs don't follow this type of training before entering the NFL.

You know it's funny... I've been wondering that myself for years as well. You'd think the Arena League and the CFL would be good training grounds for NFL QB's due to their style of play, but doesn't necessarily work out that way... Other than Dieter Brock of course!!! :D :pound::lol:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to remember about Kurt... Many people thought he was pretty much done(because of injuries)when he left the Rams... Then he went to the Cards and turned that franchise around just like he did ours before....
Truly a special player/person...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still mad Martz ran him out of town

Warner should've stayed and retired as a Ram.

But at least he got to show everyone his Rams days weren't a fluke by almost reaching the top with the Cards.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing how you boyz like Goff and all..we at the Viking Organization would like to offer the Ram Franchise an offer of a lifetime..let's say we toss in a 1st rounder of like trade, paid salary for time rostered and a future draft pick to be disclosed at a latter date for your QB Sean Mannion (clip board carrier) currently rostered?

let tie this deal in a bow knot tonite over dinner and have your girl fax mine tomorrow, ok?

What's the matter? Not satisfied with the ex RAM qbs that you have on board now?:pound:
Already shopping for a new qb that hasn't seen the field much! :pound:

You know as well as I that trade wont happen anytime soon. IOW, Mannion will get his turn real soon and we will all see if he is a stud or dud.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99 days out, the 99 people who will shape the NFL season
i
12. Sam Bradford, QB, Minnesota Vikings.
No one knows what the deal is with Teddy Bridgewater's long-term health and development, or whether the Vikings can protect Bradford better than they did last season. Depending on those factors, among others, Bradford could be on the move again next March.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @27mtrcougar

Sammy's got no excuses this year bud. He's got one of the steals of the draft in Cook at RB. I just hope they run the ball and not dink or dunk all over the place.

cook71.0.gif

Cook.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook's been impressive ever since he got to FSU. He should make that Vikings team explosive.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah cook was a good pick but it won't matter if they can't block for him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99 days out, the 99 people who will shape the NFL season
i
12. Sam Bradford, QB, Minnesota Vikings.
No one knows what the deal is with Teddy Bridgewater's long-term health and development, or whether the Vikings can protect Bradford better than they did last season. Depending on those factors, among others, Bradford could be on the move again next March.

Yeah will be very interesting to see how it unfolds. If Bradford has a good year and Teddy fully recovers they will have a tough decision. Both will be FA's

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah cook was a good pick but it won't matter if they can't block for him.

They added Reiff and Remmers at the tackles and drafted Isidora and Elflein inside. They've bolstered that line, starters and depth.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Cook's Oline at FSU was all that. The kid finds holes and makes people miss. Hope he stays healthy