• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unpopular opinions you have about football

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have the best looking cheerleaders

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see some funky scheduling and can't understand the why. "Name" teams getting the prime time games, nay! I get the $$$$$ why.

Not a fan of over reacting to safety, how can ya play football safely? And, while nobody wants to admit it, knocking first stringers out of a game is part of the game. Wanna bea football hero, knock out their QB.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like the salary cap structure to be changed so division winners get more the following season and less successful teams get less. To compensate i'd alter the inter-conference games schedule so division winners play the 4 IC division winners, 2nd place teams would play the 4 2nd place IC teams, and so on. Scheduling good teams to play against bad teams is a waste.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you win a challenge you get to keep the challenge.. meaning that the number of challenges should be unlimited as long as you keep winning them.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Salary cap. I wish it could be altered.
Right now if you nail a draft all those players will need to get paid at the same time. meaning you wont be able to afford them all. So you let them learn & fine tune their craft on your dime then have to give them a way to another team. Why be punished for drafting well, only to allow another team to benefit from it.
I wish if you resign a player you drafted from their rookie contract only a certain percentage of that money would count against the cap. Like 80/20 or whatever percentage. Enticing teams to keep their own. Draft well, do well!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The rules protecting QBs have gone WAY overboard.
A. A defender should be able to hit a QB in the helmet. It's crazy to expect a 6'4 DE to tackle a 6'4 QB without touching his head.
B. A defender who is on the ground shouldn't have to get back up to tackle the QB.
C. It should be intentional grounding if a QB throws the ball away without an eligible receiver being in the area

2. The season should remain at 16 games.

3. The playoff expansion this year should be done away with.

4. Pick plays should be flagged far more often and barred from being in playbooks.
I'll second all the above emotions.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To ensure less parity?
Define parity.
Define the purpose of parity.

As I see it the main objective is to generate as much money as possible. The NFL has shown that is best done by making it comparatively difficult to stay at the top and comparatively easy to move up from the bottom. On the whole the NFL has been successful, unbelievably so given the growth in the NFL salary cap over a 20 year period. Even so there are obvious discreancies in individual teams' successes and failures. I'm not trying to change either the massive success or the discrepancies. What i'm suggesting is making it harder to stay at the top by putting the the top team against each other more often with additional salary cap as compensation. Weaker teams would have more chance to make the playoffs by having a weaker schedule, which would be offset by less salary cap. I'm not talking about massive amounts of money here. I'm looking at $7.5M more for a division winner, $2.5M more for 2nd place, $2.5M less for 3rd, and $7.5M less for 4th. That $15M gap between top and bottom is within the scope of the NFL's 4 year cap ceiling and floor policy, and to be honest historically the better teams spend to the ceiling whilst the bottom teams spend to the floor.

What i'm suggesting is 16 IC division winner vs division winner games rather than 4. Those 12 games are money generators. No disrespect to NFC East teams but neutral fans don't want to see the Chiefs playing all of them in 2021.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden is one of the most overrated NFL coaches of all time. He has a total winning percentage of .540, and is viewed as a all-time great. Meanwhile, Brad Childress's was .519, and he is widely considered a bum as a head coach. Let that sink in.

The only reason Gruden is viewed so favorably is because he managed to ride the Tony Dungy built Bucs team to a Superbowl title in his first year with the team in 2002. Other than that, his accolades aren't that much better than numerous coaches that are viewed in a much lesser light than himself.

Not only did he ride Dungys coattails to that Super Bowl.....he lucked into going against his old team where the current coach was too stupid to change any of the offense so they knew everything that the Raiders were throwing at them

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women attending the game whether in person or virtually need to be topless, as that's 99% of the time the only meaningful contribution they can bring. disclaimer: this does not apply to family members or relatives and if one is present, she should be making stuff in the kitchen anyway. She is allowed to cheer but only after I start cheering.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women attending the game whether in person or virtually need to be topless, as that's 99% of the time the only meaningful contribution they can bring. disclaimer: this does not apply to family members or relatives and if one is present, she should be making stuff in the kitchen anyway. She is allowed to cheer but only after I start cheering.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an opinion about the Packers, Packers fans would find "unpopular".