• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unpopular opinions you have about football

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should have a minor league, and teams who suck for several years should be relegated to the minors, and teams in the minors who do well should be promoted up to replace them.

This would long ago have sent the Browns to minor leagues where they belong.

They do this in soccer, basketball and hockey leagues around the world, and as you can imagine, it is a great motivator for owners to try to win.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one: Domes should be outlawed. Make all teams play outside, in hot or cold, rain or shine.

No indoor carpet football, that's bullshit.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time a player makes the flag-throwing motion, he should get a flag thrown on him. They look retarded doing that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have boom mics to capture the on-field audio in all its reality, and broadcast that shit on a special channel for adults. NFL uncut. I bet it is hilarious to hear the trash talk.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one: Domes should be outlawed. Make all teams play outside, in hot or cold, rain or shine.

No indoor carpet football, that's bullshit.

Does your team win The Superbowl in the Minnesota cold? I think that they probably do, but it would have been a much different game.

Then again, corporate pussies wouldn't have put it up here in the first place.

For the record, I agree with you 100%. That 5 degree, old school game against Seattle at TCF was very fun for Vikings fans, despite the result.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO should have exclusive broadcast rights.

tumblr_p036c8xGBH1sqtgdgo1_250.gif

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player that sacks Tom Brady should be kicked out of football forever. Bumping into him a 1 game suspension. Anyone even making eye contact gets a 15 yard penalty.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your team win The Superbowl in the Minnesota cold? I think that they probably do, but it would have been a much different game.

Then again, corporate pussies wouldn't have put it up here in the first place.

For the record, I agree with you 100%. That 5 degree, old school game against Seattle at TCF was very fun for Vikings fans, despite the result.

Given that we had the better run game and run defense, I think we would have benefited from an outdoor game. But bottom line, Minnesota would never get a Super Bowl without a dome.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division re-alignment

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have boom mics to capture the on-field audio in all its reality, and broadcast that shit on a special channel for adults. NFL uncut. I bet it is hilarious to hear the trash talk.
Back before I had kids and I had a life on Sundays, my buddies and I would get together to watch the Red Zone channel. We would always say that we should broadcast our days on an uncensored place. All the trash talk and crazy conversations we would have. Could be interesting.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back before I had kids and I had a life on Sundays, my buddies and I would get together to watch the Red Zone channel. We would always say that we should broadcast our days on an uncensored place. All the trash talk and crazy conversations we would have. Could be interesting.

Totally agree, ive had the same talks with my brothers and my buddies

Say what you really want uncensored....."Get the fuck outta here with this guy"

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It's hard to truly compare players that played in different eras. For example, I think it's hard to compare Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers and say Rodgers is clearly better due to his stats when Favre played half of his career in the pre-pass happy offense oriented NFL days. Rodgers has had the luxury of playing his entire career in a pass-friendly league, especially considering how he didn't start until 2008. They're both all-time greats and it's impossible to rank most of the elite talents of the league on an objective scale.

2. Various football leagues, starting at the top with the NFL, do in fact have a responsibility to find ways to make the game safer. However, they generally go about it the wrong way.
I think a guy like Aikman would have put up huge stats if he played today. Aikman was not protected like the QBS are today. I am sorry but Brady would have already been retired if he had to take the hits like Aikman,Kelly,Marino,Montana etc took. The game was much different back in the 70's-90's. Back the receivers were getting mugged and interfered with on every snap. It does piss me off when the QBS of today's era are said to be better than those players mentioned above. But I do think Brady,Rodger's and Brees are awesome and 1st ballot hall of famers,but don't tell me they are far superior to those older guys

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that we had the better run game and run defense, I think we would have benefited from an outdoor game. But bottom line, Minnesota would never get a Super Bowl without a dome.

Which is why we had to put a roof on the damn thing.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking about how many Championships a team has won,why do they only talk about the SB era.....?.....Why not acknowledge the pre SB era?
because you are talking apples & oranges.
Some Champions were just givien by best record (sort of)
Then they went to just a Championship game.
then to one playoff game (once they created divisions or conferences) to see who plays in the Championship Game.
pre super bowl era teams often played different amount of games. Some playing a lot more or less games.
Also didnt include ties. the game is like it didnt count. one year a 6-1-6 Bears were made Champs over a 10-3-1 Packers because ties didnt count.
Bears 6-1 over Packers 10-3.

Superbowl era jumps from 14 teams to 26 teams & a whole playoff system with a more structured rule set.

So pre-Superbowl era is apples & oranges different from the Superbowl Era.