• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in Cali, I'm sure you know the knock on CP3 as a Teammate.

The guy is a Dick.

A different kinda prick than Rondo.

But, grown Men don't like to be belittled in public.

Paul goes on rants.

Sadly, what does that say about the Clipper bigs when the smallest guy on the Court owns them mentally?

He and Blake had blowouts too.

On the show I was listening to, they were comparing him to Kobe in that way. They were saying the difference was that when Kobe was doing it, the guy he was berating could look at the rings on his hand because of playing with him and say to themselves "it's worth it."

I didn't really know CP3 was like that. Gives me even more respect for him. Dude's about winning.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Detroit wants WCS.

But, so do the celtics...allegedly.

Not a bad pick if Monroe walks.
Will they know if they have Monroe by the draft? Will WCS be around when they pick? I doubt he is if they are #8. Most are projecting him to the Kings at 6 (poor kid). Still like Stanley's style for Detroit and it is a need.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking heads seem to think they will take Kaminsky.

I hope not. Seems like their main target is Stanley Johnson. If not Frank, Booker, and a few others are in play

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the show I was listening to, they were comparing him to Kobe in that way. They were saying the difference was that when Kobe was doing it, the guy he was berating could look at the rings on his hand because of playing with him and say to themselves "it's worth it."

I didn't really know CP3 was like that. Gives me even more respect for him. Dude's about winning.

Yeah, I agree.

I get when people say CP3 needs to get some of the same crap Howard/ Melo have recv. for not winning.

But, can anyone really look at what this guy has done in the Post Season in Los Angeles or Nola and say that his Team's lack of winning was his fault?

Honetly, I don't even know who to blame for this year's debacle.

Blake was a beast most games.

But, he also has incredibly bad blunders at times.

Jordan was a defensive juggenaut.

But, his free throw shooting is atrocious.

Barnes is only good for bad headlines.

Hell, I can't even blame Doc's kid.

We would have been gone fishin in the 1st round had it not been for him.

Fug it, I'll just blame it on the Clipper Curse.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will they know if they have Monroe by the draft? Will WCS be around when they pick? I doubt he is if they are #8. Most are projecting him to the Kings at 6 (poor kid). Still like Stanley's style for Detroit and it is a need.

No, Draft is in June.

Free Agency begins July 1.

You never know who will be there.

Guys fall all the time.

I like Stanley too.

Kevin Looney would be good as well.

But, he is a huge reach at #8.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. Seems like their main target is Stanley Johnson. If not Frank, Booker, and a few others are in play

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Heat a top 3 pick?

Stranger things have happened.

* see Cavs

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree.

I get when people say CP3 needs to get some of the same crap Howard/ Melo have recv. for not winning.

But, can anyone really look at what this guy has done in the Post Season in Los Angeles or Nola and say that his Team's lack of winning was his fault?

Honetly, I don't even know who to blame for this year's debacle.

Blake was a beast most games.

But, he also has incredibly bad blunders at times.

Jordan was a defensive juggenaut.

But, his free throw shooting is atrocious.

Barnes is only good for bad headlines.

Hell, I can't even blame Doc's kid.

We would have been gone fishin in the 1st round had it not been for him.

Fug it, I'll just blame it on the Clipper Curse.

I think 3 things killed the Clippers.

1.) Lack of depth. Outside of Crawford and Doc's kid a couple of times, none of their bench players showed up.

2.) Blake didn't exactly disappear late in games, but it was pretty clear that he didn't want the ball and wasn't nearly as aggressive as earlier in games.

3.) They need another "clutch guy" besides CP3. Doesn't have to be a star type player, just one of those guys who isn't afraid of the shot. MJ had Pippen, Kerr and Paxson. Kobe had Horry, D-Fish and even MWP once. CP3 doesn't have anyone he can trust when the defense takes his shot away.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 3 things killed the Clippers.

1.) Lack of depth. Outside of Crawford and Doc's kid a couple of times, none of their bench players showed up.

2.) Blake didn't exactly disappear late in games, but it was pretty clear that he didn't want the ball and wasn't nearly as aggressive as earlier in games.

3.) They need another "clutch guy" besides CP3. Doesn't have to be a star type player, just one of those guys who isn't afraid of the shot. MJ had Pippen, Kerr and Paxson. Kobe had Horry, D-Fish and even MWP once. CP3 doesn't have anyone he can trust when the defense takes his shot away.

JJ or Crawford should have filled that roll.

But, it didn't happen.

Honestly, I would love to keep DJ.

But, if he leaves I would totally understand.

Doc made the choice to sign Spencer Hawes over Trevor Ariza.

That was clearly a mistake.

Sure, we needed a solid big of the bench sothat Blake didn't have to play 40 mins a night.

Hawes just didn't work out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking heads seem to think they will take Kaminsky.

I'd be pissed. The Heat were terrible from 3-pt land this season (one of the few things Wiggy called right). Kaminsky's thin frame leaves a lot to be desired. I see him being nothing more than a quality bench player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Stanley Johnson or Booker, and I'm happy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ or Crawford should have filled that roll.

But, it didn't happen.

Honestly, I would love to keep DJ.

But, if he leaves I would totally understand.

Doc made the choice to sign Spencer Hawes over Trevor Ariza.

That was clearly a mistake.

Sure, we needed a solid big of the bench sothat Blake didn't have to play 40 mins a night.

Hawes just didn't work out.

I think the thing that makes the signing of Spencer Hawes over Ariza bad, was two things:

1) Having to rely on Matt Barnes as the starting wing is just bad news and describes your bench depth perfectly.
2) It would be a smart move if Hawes was playing about 10-15 mpg to relieve Jordan as well as Blake during portions of the playoffs. From my perspective, he barely got any burn against Houston.

Also, Big Baby was just as atrocious, but his issue is simply being in shape. I for the life of me don't understand how a professional athlete (and I used that term loosely here) can allow themselves to look the way he does. If he dropped 30-40 lbs., he'd probably be one of the best role players in the league. Maybe I'm reaching.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Doc Rivers is a terrible GM. And pretty funny a guy who can't even shoot 40% from the FT in the playoffs is going to get a max. But the Clips don't have another choice.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Zona fan, I'm biased... but Stanley Johnson would be a huge steal if he's still there for the Heat.

I really think Stanley Johnson is the real deal. I was never fully sold on Derrick Williams or Aaron Gordon or any recent Zona players as all-star level NBA players... but Stanley Johnson I am.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that makes the signing of Spencer Hawes over Ariza bad, was two things:

1) Having to rely on Matt Barnes as the starting wing is just bad news and describes your bench depth perfectly.
2) It would be a smart move if Hawes was playing about 10-15 mpg to relieve Jordan as well as Blake during portions of the playoffs. From my perspective, he barely got any burn against Houston.

Also, Big Baby was just as atrocious, but his issue is simply being in shape. I for the life of me don't understand how a professional athlete (and I used that term loosely here) can allow themselves to look the way he does. If he dropped 30-40 lbs., he'd probably be one of the best role players in the league. Maybe I'm reaching.

I totally agree with your entire post.

Without the benefit of hindsight, it was the right move.

But, I sure would love to have a mulligan.

Spencer was hurt for awhile and it seems like Doc lost confidence in him.

As for Baby, he has the talent.

Sadly, he is a natural born knucklehead and can't lay off the porkchops.

This far into his career, I don't expect that to change.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Zona fan, I'm biased... but Stanley Johnson would be a huge steal if he's still there for the Heat.

I really think Stanley Johnson is the real deal. I was never fully sold on Derrick Williams or Aaron Gordon or any recent Zona players as all-star level NBA players... but Stanley Johnson I am.

Would you take him over Winslow?

I am shocked that the scouts are buying the hype on those 2 Euro guys.

I mean, both guys are listed as top 7 picks on just about every Mock draft, AHEAD of guys like Johnson.

I'm sorry...But, it's hard to get excited about a 7'1, 220lb SF.

Everyone is looking for the next Dirk and forgetting about the Nikoloz Tskitishvili of the world.

I'm not saying these guys will be a bust.

I admit that i'm not the best judge of unfinished talent.

But, I just don't see passing on some of these young college players that have just as much upside.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pissed. The Heat were terrible from 3-pt land this season (one of the few things Wiggy called right). Kaminsky's thin frame leaves a lot to be desired. I see him being nothing more than a quality bench player.

NBAdraft.net has them taking Miles Turner.

Having an insurance policy for Whiteside is not a bad idea.

Maybe Riles has targeted a shooter in Free Agency?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take him over Winslow?

I am shocked that the scouts are buying the hype on those 2 Euro guys.

I mean, both guys are listed as top 7 picks on just about every Mock draft, AHEAD of guys like Johnson.

I'm sorry...But, it's hard to get excited about a 7'1, 220lb SF.

Everyone is looking for the next Dirk and forgetting about the Nikoloz Tskitishvili of the world.

I'm not saying these guys will be a bust.

I admit that i'm not the best judge of unfinished talent.

But, I just don't see passing on some of these young college players that have just as much upside.

Yeah, I agree, I don't understand the euro guys moving up the draft boards so much.

Winslow and Johnson are similar players but I would take Johnson over Winslow. I think he has the edge in almost every area... including defense.

Winslow started the season as a fringe lottery player and has moved up. He thrived in coach K's offense. Duke's offense stretched the defense and gave Winslow a lot of room to operate.

Johnson started the season as a lock top-5 and has moved down. He thrived in Arizona's defense... but struggled at times on the other end. He was playing as a big 3 next to a 4 and 5 who weren't exactly floor stretchers (Ashley can be but wasn't much of one in the offense they ran this season). He didn't have the space that Winslow did... and Miller didn't give him the freedom to go 1-on-1 that coach K did.

That's my long-winded take. I like both players... but I see more upside in Johnson. Time will tell.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree, I don't understand the euro guys moving up the draft boards so much.

Winslow and Johnson are similar players but I would take Johnson over Winslow. I think he has the edge in almost every area... including defense.

Winslow started the season as a fringe lottery player and has moved up. He thrived in coach K's offense. Duke's offense stretched the defense and gave Winslow a lot of room to operate.

Johnson started the season as a lock top-5 and has moved down. He thrived in Arizona's defense... but struggled at times on the other end. He was playing as a big 3 next to a 4 and 5 who weren't exactly floor stretchers (Ashley can be but wasn't much of one in the offense they ran this season). He didn't have the space that Winslow did... and Miller didn't give him the freedom to go 1-on-1 that coach K did.

That's my long-winded take. I like both players... but I see more upside in Johnson. Time will tell.

I like long-winded responses...Yes, even from Russ:nod:.

I like Johnson too.

He'd be the 1st SF off the board if I had a pick.

* Homer Alert *

I also think Looney will surprise some folks.

If a Team can snag him with a 15-25 pick, it will be a steal in a few Seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with your entire post.

Without the benefit of hindsight, it was the right move.

But, I sure would love to have a mulligan.

Spencer was hurt for awhile and it seems like Doc lost confidence in him.

As for Baby, he has the talent.

Sadly, he is a natural born knucklehead and can't lay off the porkchops.

This far into his career, I don't expect that to change.

To be fair, pork chops are gooooooood. :hungry: