• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Zona fan I'm very biased... but I would LOVE the Cavs to draft Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

This is actually better since Irving is signed. Has them at just under 72 million without Love. However, they really need to find a sucker to take Haywood's deal.

Not a sucker...just someone wanting a salary dumpt which should no be too hard. They can unload salary and get Haywood back and dump him. Wonder who would give up equal quality value for a salary dump.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEcca- you gotta understand that in todays NBA post up big men are like dinosaurs. I mean Byron Scott is the most antiquated and least forward thinking coachin in the league evidenced by his distate for the 3 pointer and lack of instituting advanced statistics- so he might LOVE the idea of playing aninside out game with a polished center prospect.

but really- Golden State did not have an elite center- they actualy BENCHED their center beause Mozgov and TT were having their way with him, lol

The Cavs best center was Mozgov- their only true 7 footer, its not like he is a world beater--- on the Hawks al hofrford is not 7 foot and is not your typical power center but they won over 60 games and got t othe ECF--

Memphis is the only team that really employs a bigcenter and big PF and they have never broken through in the playoffs even though I have liked their talent.

What do you think?

Hey, Russy...meant to answer this last night.

No point now since it would be redundant to what others have said.

I'd still take a dominant big.

I think your Cavs should take a pg, unless they can get Mo Williams on a vet minimum.

I'm sure you have read all the speculation about him wanting to return to the Cavs.

Delly stepped up.

But, if Kyrie misses time/gets into foul trouble.....I wouldn't want Delly to be my only option.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably be either Okafor or Russell at 2 and then a flurry of FA activity for a lot of teams. Love may end up in LA, Cleveland, or Miami not necessarily in that order. It'll be an interesting July for sure.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just my opinion. The experts on ESPN rarely get it right and they spend their whole time doing this stuff and get paid plenty of money to do so- trust me- I dont believe that my opinion actually carries any weight what so ever- its just my opinion from watching limited amounts of college basketball, reading a handful of articles, and listening to a handful of podcasts and radio spots.

I also thought that Andre Drummond would be too immature to make an impact anytime soon and that obviously was way off---- though I do have to say I really liked MKG and his development into one of the best defenders in the leauge at such a young age is no surprise to me. I also really liked Marcus Smart who you cant yet really make a determination on yet.--- I did really like Alex Len in the previous draft and he seems like he should have gone higher than he did. ---basically the draft is a crap shoot and everyone from me and you- to the best ESPN experts really are grasping at straws.

Okafor could be a hall of famer for all I know. I am just saying that from what I have seen- and where the NBA is going strategy wise, the traditional big men is less important- like I said- the centers starting for the two final teams were Timofy Mozgov and Andrew Bogut- not exactly the days of Kareem and Parish. the Chief vs. Kareem!!!!!- a little bit of a better matchup than Timo vs. Bogut...

Guys like Kyrie, Harden, Lillard, Wall, Rose, Curry, Paul, seem to be the guys most responsible for wins. Its why I think that Russell is the best player in the draft---- id take Towns 2nd because i like how he can play D and has a nice shot ------ but I would take my chance on the potential dominant perimeter player.... but. like i said- just one mans opinion.

I kinda agree with you.

Combo guards are all the rage.

But, most of us are not ready to abandon the tried and true method of inside/out with a dominant big.

I will say, Russell would be my pick if I had a decent big.

But, Minny can't take him with Rubio getting that extension last year.

If the Lakers knew for a fact that they would be getting Kanter, Lopez, DeAndre Jordan?...sure take DeAngelo.

But, they could easily go 2 for 1 in this draft by taking Towns/Okafor and picking a pg with their late pick in the first round.

Interstingly enough, some are suggesting they plan on getting rid of that pick.

But, I think it's probably to muve up?

From Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders:

Lakers are also trying to move out of the 27 and Boston trying to move out of 28 too… no surprise on either – both covet capspace

The 27th overall pick will receive a guaranteed first year salary of $930,500, while the 28th overall pick is guaranteed $924,800.

Since both Boston and L.A. have picks early in the second round (at 33 and 34, respectively), and since there isn’t a huge gap there in terms of what may be available from a talent perspective, they would rather not tie up valuable cap space with players who may or may not be ready to provide an immediate contribution.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Okafor's offensive game, but his defense concerns me. I posted on the Lakers board that if Minny takes Towns and the Lakers take Russell, I hope it means they have a strong idea that they can get 1 of the FA bigs. By strong idea, I don't mean, "We're the Lakers. Of course, we'll get one of them." I mean that they have a strong idea that he wants to be a Laker.

I agree about the draft being before FA. It would make knowing who to draft a lot easier, imo.

Yeah, Towns is making the interview rounds. I think the Lakers already interviewed him, but I'm not 100% certain.

Yeah, they have this kid on lojack.

If he becomes a Laker, he might as well get used to it!

Jerry Zgoda: According to a fellow traveler, Karl Towns and his father just flew into the Twin Cities — first class, of course — from NJ not long ago

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer wouldn't be a terrible pick up by the Heat. With the Lakers, he showed he still has a little left in the tank. He's not the Utah Jazz version, but he can still help.

With the Lakers, once he wrapped his brain around not starting (which didn't take long), he was a consummate professional and was always ready to play (even if the results weren't always great).

With the Heat, he'd be a solid vet who could give them a good 15 minutes or so per game. He'd be good as an occasional spot starter if needed as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer wouldn't be a terrible pick up by the Heat. With the Lakers, he showed he still has a little left in the tank. He's not the Utah Jazz version, but he can still help.

With the Lakers, once he wrapped his brain around not starting (which didn't take long), he was a consummate professional and was always ready to play (even if the results weren't always great).

With the Heat, he'd be a solid vet who could give them a good 15 minutes or so per game. He'd be good as an occasional spot starter if needed as well.

What do you think about Ed Davis wanting 9-10 mil?

Goodness!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goodness!

I'd like him back, but I'm not sure I want him back at that price. Problem is, with the way the salary cap is expected to go up, he wouldn't necessarily be getting overpaid after this coming season. I expect a few "Ed Davises" will be seeing that kind of money beginning 2016-17.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goodness!

By all means he can go out the Staples Center door and go get it. He ain't worth more than 5 at best.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like him back, but I'm not sure I want him back at that price. Problem is, with the way the salary cap is expected to go up, he wouldn't necessarily be getting overpaid after this coming season. I expect a few "Ed Davises" will be seeing that kind of money beginning 2016-17.

I guess if you look at it in those terms...

If Tristan Thompson is worth max money, it's no wonder this guy thinks he's worth this much.

I'm pretty sure Byron sandbagged him at the end of the Season to keep his value down.

But, I'm with WildTurkey...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Sounds like he wants a Jordan hill deal.

But, Hill's deal served 2 purposes:

It was a placeholder for open capspace by not picking up his deal..

or

It was a chip to use in a trade with a team that will have a firesale * Denver * that is looking for immediate salary cap relief.

With the cap going up almost 30 mil after the Season, they have no need to do that type of contract again.

* unless they think they are getting Durant *

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would spell the end of me as a STH after this season.

Fuck Boozer.

Damn, Turnup...lol

Like Tf12 said, as long ass he's in a support role, he'd be a great 2nd big off the bench after McBob and insurance incase of injury.

Would you be opposed to him getting Haslem's minutes?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you look at it in those terms...

If Tristan Thompson is worth max money, it's no wonder this guy thinks he's worth this much.

I'm pretty sure Byron sandbagged him at the end of the Season to keep his value down.

But, I'm with WildTurkey...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Sounds like he wants a Jordan hill deal.

But, Hill's deal served 2 purposes:

It was a placeholder for open capspace by not picking up his deal..

or

It was a chip to use in a trade with a team that will have a firesale * Denver * that is looking for immediate salary cap relief.

With the cap going up almost 30 mil after the Season, they have no need to do that type of contract again.

* unless they think they are getting Durant *

Good points. I do agree with wildturkey that if he thinks he can get $9-10 million, go get it. It worked for Jodie Meeks. He's earned himself a bit of a raise, but not THAT much of one.

If I'm the Lakers, I tell him here's a $3-5 million 1 year deal. You want more? Earn it with your play this season and we'll take care of you when the cap goes up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Turnup...lol

Like Tf12 said, as long ass he's in a support role, he'd be a great 2nd big off the bench after McBob and insurance incase of injury.

Yeah. He's not going get you 17-20 points and 10-12 rebounds like he used to in Utah. But he'll get you 5-8 points and 4-6 rebounds off the bench. He's a professional, knows his role and would be a good influence on a guy like Whiteside who's still learning the league and how to be a professional.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Turnup...lol

My post was in reference to "end of Beasley".

Thing is, Heat has to pick up option on Beasley before FA starts.
I doubt that if they don't pick it up, that they would resign him after the fact.

I just don't get how they could possibly feel he isn't worth 1.2M.

I really have no issue with Boozer. He tries.
But if I'm record saying I'd rather have Beasley around then James...do we really need to ask if I'd rather have Boozer?
I personally wouldnt rather have anyone.

I had read the Boozer, Lew Williams rumors.
Sign me up for Sweet Lew.
He'd be perfect off the bench.