• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To cap gurus

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my whole point. I said exactly before Earl even said it that Romo is blamed for the Giant loss, the Packer loss , etc. But know this year it's not Daks fault. I mean let's be fair. Dak played a good game vs GB. I never said he cost us anything. All I'm saying is there are certain plays that people pull out whether it's missing a wide open WR vs the Giants in 07 or not throwing to Beasley in GB. If that's the game we want to play, then go back and watch the last game. You can pull out a number of plays and make the same argument.

It's all good. I get it.
Romo never scored more than 21 points in a playoff loss. It is a big difference between how Dak lost his first playoff game and how Romo has lost all of his playoff games. Maybe one day you will see it. Mistakes were made like Dak's interception. There were questionable penalties that hurt the Cowboys and questionable playcalling, but it all added up to putting 31 points on the board and nearly erasing a 21-3 deficit only to fall to two 50+ yard FGs. Something Romo never has came close to doing in a playoff loss. Based on Romo's history, if we got down 21-3 in a big game, we would get blown out.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that it was any one person's fault, but the Vikings game was a freaking disaster.
I don't blame Romo for that game either, but that first possession fumble was a killer. 3rd and 14, we in their territory. He had Felix wide open in the flat for an easy completion that would have gave them an easier FG to kick or even a first down. He panicked, got sacked, and fumbled, end of possession. You can't blame the Oline there because Felix was right there for the easy checkdown with plenty of space to make something happen but Romo was trying to make a bigger play and got sacked. In road playoff games, you have to silence the crowd, cease the moment, make big plays and put pressure on the home team. The Cowboys came up empty on their first two possessions. It should have been at worst 6-0 after the first two possessions, but Romo fumbles instead of hitting Felix in the flat, and then the next possession Suisham misses the FG. It could be a different ball game if the Cowboys scored on those first two possessions. Things snowball quick in an NFL game so you gotta take advantage of the scoring opportunities when you get them. And Romo also threw an awful pick when the score was still a reasonable 17-3 at our own 20 yard line. Again, I don't blame Romo for that loss but he played poorly in that game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo never scored more than 21 points in a playoff loss. It is a big difference between how Dak lost his first playoff game and how Romo has lost all of his playoff games. Maybe one day you will see it. Mistakes were made like Dak's interception. There were questionable penalties that hurt the Cowboys and questionable playcalling, but it all added up to putting 31 points on the board and nearly erasing a 21-3 deficit only to fall to two 50+ yard FGs. Something Romo never has came close to doing in a playoff loss. Based on Romo's history, if we got down 21-3 in a big game, we would get blown out.

Against that secondary - Pday could have put up 30. Number 36 is still having nightmares about Dez. To bad we chose Witten to throw to in red zone so much.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against that secondary - Pday could have put up 30. Number 36 is still having nightmares about Dez. To bad we chose Witten to throw to in red zone so much.
Eli faced the same secondary. This argument is stupid.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they lost Burnett early vs us. Matty Ice could have put 60 on them.

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. We lost again regardless if it was a Romo bobbled snap or Aaron Rodgers making a great play and Crosby turning into Viniteri for 2 minutes. It's over. We have to get out of this final 8 mess again. It's been 20 plus yrs. Final 8s are great for the mid majors, but for the Blue Bloods it's about rings.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they lost Burnett early vs us. Matty Ice could have put 60 on them.
So because they lost one defender that's why Dak put up 30 on them? Your agenda is transparent. The fact that Romo hasn't scored more than 21 points in a playoff loss is just a clear cut fact. I don't give a shit who Dak was facing. He put up 31 and nearly brought them back after trailing 21-3.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because they lost one defender that's why Dak put up 30 on them? Your agenda is transparent. The fact that Romo hasn't scored more than 21 points in a playoff loss is just a clear cut fact. I don't give a shit who Dak was facing. He put up 31 and nearly brought them back after trailing 21-3.

Ok man. Whatever way you want to go. You pick and choose how you like. It is what it is. The most prolific passer in our teams history will likely be gone soon, much the same way our most prolific RB and Head Coach were pushed away. That's the business I guess. Shit happens.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok man. Whatever way you want to go. You pick and choose how you like. It is what it is. The most prolific passer in our teams history will likely be gone soon, much the same way our most prolific RB and Head Coach were pushed away. That's the business I guess. Shit happens.
Romo leaving sucks, but don't compare it to losing Emmitt and Landry.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo leaving sucks, but don't compare it to losing Emmitt and Landry.

It stings more to me. Everyone should have a favorite player. I loved Emmitt and Landry , but we sucked when they left. I still wonder how that season might have went with Emmitt over Hambrick. Likely we still get hammered but I would have loved to seen him finish his career in Dallas. Same way with Dorsett. Romo though, not the Hall of Fame player the other guys are, but he was an underdog and one heck of a competitor.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile....

Just reading the tea leaves, after Jerry's latest comments regarding Romo, looks like a trade may be more likely than some thought. Jerry's comment about he and Romo being "able to tolerate a bit of ambiguity" is telling IMO.

If Romo isn't released in the next week or two, my money is on him being traded. My money has always been on him being traded...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile....

Just reading the tea leaves, after Jerry's latest comments regarding Romo, looks like a trade may be more likely than some thought. Jerry's comment about he and Romo being "able to tolerate a bit of ambiguity" is telling IMO.

If Romo isn't released in the next week or two, my money is on him being traded. My money has always been on him being traded...

He looks awful comfortable at home with his kids.