• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If this is a complete rebuild and a salary purge... Keep 'em, cut 'em, or trade 'em?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came up with more turnovers than any other player on the Skins. He also finished as the 4th ranked CB in football according to PFF n had an overall grade of 83.1. Disregard all that for a second n using strictly the eye test. He was w/o question the best CB on the Skins.

Younger talent such as BSJ who lead the team in penalties cuz he can't keep his hands to himself and seems unable to turn his head n look for the ball He's also a shitty tackler. Or Forbes. Lead the team in getting smoked n is a shittier tackler than BSJ.

He's still the best CB on the team and the Skins will have some cash to do some things with. I don't want them to break the bank on Fuller.
More TO's than any other isn't saying much considering who he was outperforming. It's time to start the rebuild, not band aid it with guys like Fuller who produce mixed results but will demand top dollar. Did he not sign here on a 4/40m deal? Disgusting overpay by incompetent people running the organization into the ground.
I do not disagree on your eval of BSJ or Forbes. Again, incompetent people making terrible decisions that we no longer have to be subject to moving forward. I see Fuller looking for work elsewhere.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More TO's than any other isn't saying much considering who he was outperforming. It's time to start the rebuild, not band aid it with guys like Fuller who produce mixed results but will demand top dollar. Did he not sign here on a 4/40m deal? Disgusting overpay by incompetent people running the organization into the ground.
I do not disagree on your eval of BSJ or Forbes. Again, incompetent people making terrible decisions that we no longer have to be subject to moving forward. I see Fuller looking for work elsewhere.
It depends if fuller is about money or about championships . I think he goes to where he thinks he can win

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may not be a complete rebuild. Cincy and Houston have shown if you hit on the QB you can turn it around literally the next season. I've never been a Jon Allen guy, thought he was totally overrated by our fanbase and he has had exactly one really good but not great season. But he is solid and could bounce back with better coaching. if they deal him for a 2nd then they have turned a strength (the DL) into a real weakness. Same with Terry, imagine the WR room without him. You need weapons to help develop a young QB.

They don't need the cap space but what they do need is more players as good as these guys can be.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may not be a complete rebuild. Cincy and Houston have shown if you hit on the QB you can turn it around literally the next season. I've never been a Jon Allen guy, thought he was totally overrated by our fanbase and he has had exactly one really good but not great season. But he is solid and could bounce back with better coaching. if they deal him for a 2nd then they have turned a strength (the DL) into a real weakness. Same with Terry, imagine the WR room without him. You need weapons to help develop a young QB.

They don't need the cap space but what they do need is more players as good as these guys can be.
Cupboard is pretty bare.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. New owner
2. New FO
3. New HC
4. New OC
5. New DC
6. New QB
7. 5 picks in top 100
8. Traded both starting DE's
9. Need new OL less Cosmi, TE, WR on offense
10. Need starting CB, LB, S, DE on defense

Looks like a rebuild all around.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cupboard is pretty bare.
We've seen 3 teams now (Cincy, Miami and Houston) completely turn around their franchises very quickly, 2 the very next season, by landing a true franchise QB. We will have better coaching which will make the players who remain perform better. They have a ton of picks and cap space and one of the best personnel guys on the planet. Even when the Niners missed on Lance and Soloman Thomas at the top of the draft they picked so well later in the draft they could absorb those misses and kept on rolling out very good teams that were title contenders.

I expect the same thing to happen here. I believe Peters will turn this around quickly and again if the QB hits I see them in the playoff mix next season.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen 3 teams now (Cincy, Miami and Houston) completely turn around their franchises very quickly, 2 the very next season, by landing a true franchise QB. We will have better coaching which will make the players who remain perform better. They have a ton of picks and cap space and one of the best personnel guys on the planet. Even when the Niners missed on Lance and Soloman Thomas at the top of the draft they picked so well later in the draft they could absorb those misses and kept on rolling out very good teams that were title contenders.

I expect the same thing to happen here. I believe Peters will turn this around quickly and again if the QB hits I see them in the playoff mix next season.
Like the optimism...But likely year 2-3 we see the turnaround.