• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To all my Lions buddies.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a lesson to all. Never start talking playoffs until you see the x or the y beside the team's name.

I dont post much but I usually sift through all the weekly jibber-jabber, fuckery and complete nonsense that goes on. I absolutely hated when everyone started going crazy when the team was 6-3, not realizing that the remaining teams were better regardless of record. What a mess.

Who's responsible for it? Here it is in order: Coaches, Stafford, D-line, Calvin, Bush, Wrs, and the secondary. At the start of the season, it seemed as if Linehan had it going, but couldnt adapt once teams figured out how to slow the Lions. Its the same issues with the coaching group. I think Stafford became careless, over-confident and put in very difficult situations, as the team always faced 3rd down. I still believe the dline are under-achievers and disappear too often. The Giants handled them with a bunch of scrubs.

I'm still a bit ticked off about Calvin's crucial drops throughout the season. Theres even a small chance the Lions are still in it if he holds on to a few more balls. Same with Bush. After teams took him away in the passing game, he ran decently, but put the ball on the ground way too much. 3 tds isnt enough either. The other wrs are terrible and easy to tame. I thought Quinn and Delmas would make a difference but Delmas still sucks with his missle shit. Other than that, the corners are a bunch of fragile dudes that get hurt when they fall down.

We always have to wait until next year and it sucks. Oh well!!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a lesson to all. Never start talking playoffs until you see the x or the y beside the team's name.

I dont post much but I usually sift through all the weekly jibber-jabber, fuckery and complete nonsense that goes on. I absolutely hated when everyone started going crazy when the team was 6-3, not realizing that the remaining teams were better regardless of record. What a mess.

Who's responsible for it? Here it is in order: Coaches, Stafford, D-line, Calvin, Bush, Wrs, and the secondary. At the start of the season, it seemed as if Linehan had it going, but couldnt adapt once teams figured out how to slow the Lions. Its the same issues with the coaching group. I think Stafford became careless, over-confident and put in very difficult situations, as the team always faced 3rd down. I still believe the dline are under-achievers and disappear too often. The Giants handled them with a bunch of scrubs.

I'm still a bit ticked off about Calvin's crucial drops throughout the season. Theres even a small chance the Lions are still in it if he holds on to a few more balls. Same with Bush. After teams took him away in the passing game, he ran decently, but put the ball on the ground way too much. 3 tds isnt enough either. The other wrs are terrible and easy to tame. I thought Quinn and Delmas would make a difference but Delmas still sucks with his missle shit. Other than that, the corners are a bunch of fragile dudes that get hurt when they fall down.

:10:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs are a lock next year.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted 7-9 this year......If the Lions dump the coaching staff, I'll upgrade my next years prediction to 8-8......Stick with Jimmy and it might be 5-11.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing. 2 easy wins this year where the game was in hand and they choked it away.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The remaining teams were not better, The Lions just played worse as the year went on. If they played at the level they did in the first half of the season, they would be in the playoffs. We lost our discipline on offense.

I don't think you can put the D-Line in the blame category. They did not live up to their hype, but still played much better then most of the D-Lines in the league. The coaches and Stafford were the biggest reasons. I highlighted the comment that pretty much summed it up.

The rest of the offense with the exception of Bell and the O-Line also hurt us with drops and fumbles as you mentioned.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they played at the level they did in the first half of the season, they would be in the playoffs.

Against the schedule we played we should be competing for a first round bye. The best teams on the schedule were the Bengals (who we got at home), the Packers earlier in the season with a healthy Rodgers, and the Eagles. Everybody else they should have beaten, and in most cases were favored to do so. Does anyone know how many games the Lions were favored in this year? I'll bet it was most of them, even the road games other than probably Philly and GB.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the d line at all. I'm fact I don't blame the defense at all. Yes they didn't have numbers that were expected. There was only one game during this awful stretch that we lost because of defense. If the offense just didn't throw a pick six and fail to score more than twenty in the Tampa bay or new York game we are in the playoffs. Then there is the Baltimore game where they didn't allow a touchdown. They were the better side of the ball the second half.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget we had a great set-up for the last games of the season. 3 games, 3 indoors, 2 at home. It was right there for us to take. And fucking blew it.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still thought the Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles and Packers were all still better than the Lions because of the type of success theyve had and they have much better coaches.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still thought the Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles and Packers were all still better than the Lions because of the type of success theyve had and they have much better coaches.

Not this year. Giants sucked and Ravens and Steelers were average at best. Packers were better when healthy and Bengals and Eagles are.

We just found ways to lose games we had no business losing. Teams with competent coaches and QB s don't lose those types of games. If we get a competent coach and Stafford gets his head out of his has and just does what he is told we will be fine with just a few additions next year.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 9-7 this year and at 6-3 was one of many predicting a division title...

It happens.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the some of the blame on the D-line, and you have to when they are 31st in the league in sacks (18) and 7 of those came in one game. But they did stop the run well, and part of the low sack total goes to Gunther's no-blitz scheme.

Clearly the culprit in their 5 second half losses goes to those who committed the 17 turnovers, and the WRs who either dropped passes or tipped them into INTs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted 7-9 this year......If the Lions dump the coaching staff, I'll upgrade my next years prediction to 8-8......Stick with Jimmy and it might be 5-11.

How can you make that prediction before the offseason concludes. If they had an offseason anything like last years they will be a very good team, and you know how much I rip on the lions.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 9-7 this year and at 6-3 was one of many predicting a division title...

It happens.

I didnt have a problem with people being optimistic about them snagging the division. It was the people that would talk like this and then ridicule anyone else who disagreed.