• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Those cheating seahawks

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so now it's extra practices they weren't allowed? :L

If you are going to troll, at least get it in the ball park. They were docked for too much contact in approved OTA's, and one of them was utter BS because two guys not in pads collided on the field when neither saw the other and it was considered too much contact. They literally didn't have to change a thing except tell everyone to look out for each other better.

It's still breaking the rules no matter how you slice it. Covering up the injuries, excessive contact, etc. Cheaters gonna cheat. IDK how you could support a cheater.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little chihuahua doesn't want to talk about the Packers any more.:dhd:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still breaking the rules no matter how you slice it. Covering up the injuries, excessive contact, etc. Cheaters gonna cheat. IDK how you could support a cheater.
You are right, there's no difference between giving every player on the team steroids and requiring they use it, and having two players crash into each other at a practice. All exactly the same thing. What were we thinking? :noidea:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so now it's extra practices they weren't allowed? :L

If you are going to troll, at least get it in the ball park. They were docked for too much contact in approved OTA's, and one of them was utter BS because two guys not in pads collided on the field when neither saw the other and it was considered too much contact. They literally didn't have to change a thing except tell everyone to look out for each other better.
So you're saying they were fined for being stupid or unaware? That's harsh...what is the NFL doing...it's not ballet

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying they were fined for being stupid or unaware? That's harsh...what is the NFL doing...it's not ballet
Well it looks like the Seahawks are about to get fined for not reporting an injury to a player that never missed a rep in practice, never missed a rep in any game, AND actually went to the pro bowl and just played all because the NFL has a target on them. Steelers had a player with injuries they didn't disclose. Are they going to lose a draft pick? Every team has dinged up players. More of them by seasons end have something they are dealing with than not. If Sherman's was noteworthy he would have had surgery and not gone to the pro bowl.

There is no interest at the league office level to actually prevent anything other than tarnishment of the brand. You can get away with anything as long as it isn't covered by the media.

There is no doubt in this case that Carroll is guilty. It's just that he's not guilty of cheating, he's guilty of being fucking stupid. There was no need to try to paint your player in a sympathetic light when he didn't have a bad stretch of the end of the season anyway. Obviously his condition wasn't as bad as Pete portrayed it at that press conference or else Sherman would not have gone to the pro bowl and played. He ran fine yesterday.

But yeah, we wonder why the product is less than perfect and why there are always so many sloppy penalties and why so many teams take a long time to get their shit together and just look at the stupid practice rules for the answer. How are teams supposed to evaluate their players and develop them when you can't create contact to even simulate real football?

They got fined for stupid stuff for being 'repeat offenders' just like this will likely be punished for the same. They had several players come up dirty on drug tests over a 2-3 season stretch and caused them to have a reputation. Any small thing after that becomes big, not because that situation warranted punishment, but because the league has to look tough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's taking the NFL so long to decide this? Goodell's kangaroo court at it again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's taking the NFL so long to decide this? Goodell's kangaroo court at it again.
You won't hear anything until sometime after the SB. They can't let any story be bigger than their grand game.

Wouldn't shock me if it came out shortly before the draft to make it harder for the Seahawks to appeal it in any way. Kind of how these clowns roll.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't hear anything until sometime after the SB. They can't let any story be bigger than their grand game.

Wouldn't shock me if it came out shortly before the draft to make it harder for the Seahawks to appeal it in any way. Kind of how these clowns roll.
Good points. For what it's worth I think this gets pushed under the carpet for both Seattle and Pittsburgh. It really is incosequential unless you're worried about sports betting. If NE wins the SB I think it surely goes away. Or a late round pick is taken. As others mentioned the NFL wants parity. Two of NEs biggest competition are Seattle and Pittsburgh. Stripping a high round pick won't help in making the league more evenly balanced.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose a draft pick it will be a late one.

The only thing they have is some comments from PC. Not sure you can make an entire case about that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose a draft pick it will be a late one.

The only thing they have is some comments from PC. Not sure you can make an entire case about that.
As fas as tangible evidence they had even less on Brady and you saw how that turned out. If Das Fuhrer is having a bad day you never know? Best thing for Seattle and Pittsburgh is for NE to win the SB. Especially if Goodell gets embarrassed when handing over the hardware.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a sum of the parts penalty.

And it will be big.

We have to protect the integrity of the game after all.

Having no evidence hasn't stopped The Rog before.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman actually playing in the pro bowl really set them up well for a PR thrashing if the league tries to punish them. They have zero proof he had any kind of injury, more or less one that is 'substantial' enough to end up on the injury reports.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. For what it's worth I think this gets pushed under the carpet for both Seattle and Pittsburgh. It really is incosequential unless you're worried about sports betting. If NE wins the SB I think it surely goes away. Or a late round pick is taken. As others mentioned the NFL wants parity. Two of NEs biggest competition are Seattle and Pittsburgh. Stripping a high round pick won't help in making the league more evenly balanced.

Ah what's life without another conspiracy theory?

Hmmm, how can I examine this and make it about the Patriots?

Heh.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a sum of the parts penalty.

And it will be big.

We have to protect the integrity of the game after all.

Having no evidence hasn't stopped The Rog before.

They're going to behead the wee one? He's short enough already.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah what's life without another conspiracy theory?

Hmmm, how can I examine this and make it about the Patriots?

Heh.
No need to examine. Everything is about the Patriots. Good to see you didn't jump ship weeks ago along with many of the unfaithful 12.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to behead the wee one? He's short enough already.
He'll no longer be head and shoulders above previous Seattle QBs if that happens.
Off with his head Roger.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to examine. Everything is about the Patriots. Good to see you didn't jump ship weeks ago along with many of the unfaithful 12.

You sure it just isn't about you? You ARE a Pats fan. Coincidence? I think not. You are the key.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure it just isn't about you? You ARE a Pats fan. Coincidence? I think not. You are the key.
I'm just blessed to be a NE conduit.