• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Those cheating seahawks

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Seahawks could be docked a second-round pick for failing to disclose Richard Sherman's MCL injury.

Yikes. Coach Pete Carroll has to be regretting trying to explain away Sherman's (slightly) down 2016 right about now. What the Seahawks did is blatantly against the rules, but a second-rounder would be an extraordinarily severe punishment. The Seahawks are no strangers to pushing boundaries, but there's not a team in the league that doesn't play injury report games.:suds:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty harsh. Got a link?

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't see the "could" in the first sentence. I thought this was a fact, not speculation.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Seahawks could be docked a second-round pick for failing to disclose Richard Sherman's MCL injury.

Yikes. Coach Pete Carroll has to be regretting trying to explain away Sherman's (slightly) down 2016 right about now. What the Seahawks did is blatantly against the rules, but a second-rounder would be an extraordinarily severe punishment. The Seahawks are no strangers to pushing boundaries, but there's not a team in the league that doesn't play injury report games.:suds:

The reason it is so severe is due to the Seahawks being a repeat offender.

"The league had already handed down a fifth-round forfeiture to the Seahawks on Sept. 16 for a repeat violation of rules governing off-season workouts. Sources tell Mortensen that an elevation of that penalty to a second-round forfeiture is under serious consideration.

Also under consideration are additional fines for the franchise and Carroll, who made the admission after the Seahawks' NFC divisional-round elimination to Atlanta.

In the Sept. 19 findings, the Seahawks were fined $400,000 and Carroll was fined $200,000 for what the league termed violations of rules that prohibit excessive on-field physical contact. This was during a June 6 organized team activity (OTA) practice. The team was also docked its fifth-round draft pick for 2017 and lost its first week of OTAs (three practices) for the '17 off-season.

Sherman was listed as "limited" or "did not participate" on several practice reports without any disclosure of a knee injury, as required by league injury-reporting policy. In most cases in which the cornerback missed practice or was limited, the Seahawks reported the absence as "not injury related." During week 12, the team did list an ankle injury as reason for a missed practice. The knee injury, which Carroll characterized this week as "serious," was never disclosed and the Seahawks coach later acknowledged the team had erred in its reporting procedures.

The NFL has been scrutinizing all of Seattle's practice reports this week, in addition to gathering more information from the club, to reach a final determination on penalties, sources said."

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd rounder is harsh. Pete fucked up

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get docked all the time for BS. How many times were they fined or lost picks for players hitting to hard during spring camps and such.

I am trying to figure out why this even came up. Was there questions being asked why the Seattle defensive play has been sub par? Or were there questions about why Sherman did not has as good of a year and then they thought well lets blame it on this bum knee and let people know he was injured and use that as the excuse when he was never reported as being injured. I mean what kind of people are running the show over that way? It can be comical.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't expect Sherman to down play this. He will take any excuse he can get.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get docked all the time for BS. How many times were they fined or lost picks for players hitting to hard during spring camps and such.

I am trying to figure out why this even came up. Was there questions being asked why the Seattle defensive play has been sub par? Or were there questions about why Sherman did not has as good of a year and then they thought well lets blame it on this bum knee and let people know he was injured and use that as the excuse when he was never reported as being injured. I mean what kind of people are running the show over that way? It can be comical.
I think its from Carroll's interview. He came out and said he was hurt and then admitted that he "messed up" on a live interview

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he would have been on the injury report if they hadn't eliminated the "probable" designation.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed man, a 2nd round pick would be a very harsh punishment... Obviously Pete made a mistake, I guess he thought it was reported, but Sherman clearly wasn't the same the last part of the season... But he was playing through it and wasn't hobbling around or anything...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question... It is interesting why it came up in the 1st place... Maybe it was documented that he had the injury but not reported and the NFL figured it out somehow, hard to say...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think cheating is right term. Stupid yes and it does deserve punishment. Either Pete should have kept it quiet or he over exaggerated it to excuse Shermans behavior. He is in the wrong either way

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Colts get any discipline for not disclosing Luck's rib injury?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thnk the yshould also
Agreed man, a 2nd round pick would be a very harsh punishment... Obviously Pete made a mistake, I guess he thought it was reported, but Sherman clearly wasn't the same the last part of the season... But he was playing through it and wasn't hobbling around or anything...
Wait a minute...Are you saying his defense is he thought it was reported???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd rounder for this would be BS:2cents:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thnk the yshould also

Wait a minute...Are you saying his defense is he thought it was reported???

"Honestly, I didn't realize we hadn't revealed it," he said. "I don't even remember what game it was, it was somewhere in the middle. ... I'm feeling like I screwed that up with not telling you that because that happened, but he was OK. So I don't know. He never missed anything, which is probably why." Pete Carroll ..

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least they got one * Super Bowl.