• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wrong Steve Smith Nominated for the HOF

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Pro Football Hall Of Fame site. Not from SI, ESPN, Pinterest, the New York Giants blog or anywhere else.

Please...
Read...

MODERN-ERA NOMINEES FOR THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2018

*Finalist in 2017; Underline indicates first year of eligibility (Players and coaches must have last played or coached at least five full seasons to be eligible for nomination. Therefore, any individual who last played or coached in 2012 are eligible for the first time in 2018).

QUARTERBACKS
(5) - Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms

RUNNING BACKS
(10) - Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Roger Craig, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Lorenzo Neal, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

WIDE RECEIVERS
(13) - *Isaac Bruce, Donald Driver, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, *Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith, John Taylor, Hines Ward

TIGHT END
(4) - Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Ferrell Edmunds, Jay Novacek

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
(21) - Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), Ray Donaldson (C), *Alan Faneca (G), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), Steve Hutchinson (G), *Joe Jacoby (T), Mike Kenn (T), *Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Bart Oates (C), Jeff Saturday (C), Richmond Webb (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
(11) - La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Leonard Marshall (DE/DT), Keith Millard (DT/NT/DE), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/NT/LB), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS
(15) - Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

DEFENSIVE BACKS
(12) - Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Ronde Barber (CB/S), LeRoy Butler (S), *Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), *Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Dennis Smith (S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

KICKERS/PUNTER
(3) - Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K)

SPECIAL TEAMS
(2) - Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

COACHES
(12) - *Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil

Eighteen finalists will be presented to the full 48-member Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee during its annual selection meeting on "Selection Saturday," the day before Super Bowl LII. The finalists will consist of 15 Modern-Era finalists, the recently named Senior Finalists, Robert Brazile and Jerry Kramer, and the Contributor Finalist, Bobby Beathard.

The Selection Committee will meet on Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minn. to elect the Class of 2018. While there is no set number for any class of enshrinees, the selection process by-laws provide that between four and eight new members will be selected.[/U]
its the wrong steve smith

the nfl just doesnt want to admit a mistake because they never, ever do. i will again defer to SI.com:

That means the player who was nominated was… the other Steve Smith. The Steve Smith who retired after playing six seasons in the NFL with the Giants, Eagles and Rams. The Steve Smith who had modest career totals of 2,641 yards and 12 touchdowns. That Steve Smith.

He did have a Pro Bowl appearance in 2009 and Super Bowl ring from 2008 to show for his efforts, but those credentials aren’t nearly enough for him to be enshrined in Canton, Ohio.

Nearly every other wide receiver nominee—there were 12 besides Smith—surpassed those marks in a two-year stretch over their careers. Even the “ice up, son” Steve Smith matched the other Smith’s 12 career touchdowns in just a single season back in 2005.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how you look at it, but the fact "A" Steve Smith has been nominated thus years is a joke.
One simply isn't eligible and the other doesn't even have the stats to be considered a HOF player.
its a joke because its the wrong guy. they fucked up and put steve smith (who retired last year) because they saw a "steve smith" eligible, even tho has NO business on this list.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they STILL show the ravens smith.

you may apologize cameltoe

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith-steve-330x220.jpg

heres the link

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/img/hall-of-fame/voting/smith-steve-330x220.jpg

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will wait...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pro Football Hall Of Fame nominated the right guy.

The NFL posted a picture of the wrong guy.

They are two separate entities.

See how this works?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you idiots just read headlines. Clickbait for agenda driven media outlets and a notorious corrupt organization. Try educating yourselves for once.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See how this works?
You seem upset now.

its the wrong steve smith, who has no reason to even drive to canton let alone be enshrined. and we provided the NFL official photo making my case (which you said didnt exist).

thank you,

management

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See how this works?
So you ask for a link to something other than the Giants website or Pinterest. I show you the link that the Pro Football HOF uses to redirect fans on where to vote, so it's the official voting place, and you still bitch?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you idiots just read headlines. Clickbait for agenda driven media outlets and a notorious corrupt organization. Try educating yourselves for once.
The link I posted is the link provided by the Pro Football HOF on their official website you tool

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link I posted is the link provided by the Pro Football HOF on their official website you tool
hes just upset he was proven wrong.

its failry obvious the nfl goofed up and the wrong steve smith was nominated.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll have this conversation with you because Rock is a fucking idiot.

The link you provided was to the NFL website. The NFL posted a picture of THE WRONG STEVE SMITH. The link I provided was to the Pro Football Fall of Fame site. It is where they make it abundantly clear that "any individual who last played or coached in 2012 are eligible for the first time in 2018"

The Pro Football HoF nominated the right Steve Smith. The NFL site identified the wrong one. Therefore, the headline of the Deadspin article is wrong as well as the SI article and any other article claiming the wrong Steve Smith was nominated. I really don't understand what's so hard to wrap your head around on this.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The link you provided was to the NFL website. The NFL posted a picture of THE WRONG STEVE SMITH. The link I provided was to the Pro Football Fall of Fame site. It is where they make it abundantly clear that "any individual who last played or coached in 2012 are eligible for the first time in 2018"

The Pro Football HoF nominated the right Steve Smith. The NFL site identified the wrong one. Therefore, the headline of the Deadspin article is wrong as well as the SI article and any other article claiming the wrong Steve Smith was nominated. I really don't understand what's so hard to wrap your head around on this.
1. If you read both articles, you will see that both of those websites understand that Steve Smith (the Giants one) was nominated. Both websites incorrectly believed that to be a mistake.

2. I didn't dispute any of that, but you claiming that it was just the Giants website or pinterest that showed the Ravens Steve Smith, was wrong.

3. You asked for a link to something other than those two websites, and I provided it. It is the same link that the Pro Football HOF is using to redirect people to vote. It's the official voting spot.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOF links to that same NFL.com site to vote. Imagine that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a joke because its the wrong guy. they fucked up and put steve smith (who retired last year) because they saw a "steve smith" eligible, even tho has NO business on this list.

Got it, but IMO its a joke either way. Neither are eligible for the HOF today as far as I'm concerned.