• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the 2024 HOF Class................

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • First timers​
  • EDGE Julius Peppers​
  • TE Antonio Gates​
  • S Eric Berry​
  • DL Haloti Ngata​
  • RB Jamaal Charles​
  • WR Brandon Marshall​
  • G Josh Sitton​
  • DT Kyle Williams​
  • C Max Unger​
  • LB Derrick Johnson​
  • DE Muhammad Wilkerson​
  • CB Brent Grimes​
  • K Phil Dawson​
  • P Donnie Jones​
  • RB Doug Martin​
  • DB Adam Jones​
  • S Reggie Nelson​
  • S Glover Quin​
  • K Sebastian Janikowski​
  • LB Telvin Smith​
  • DE Greg Hardy​
  • OLB Connor Barwin​
  • LB Brian Orakpo​
  • WR Jordy Nelson​
  • P Marquette King​
  • QB Andrew Luck​
  • CB Leon Hall​
  • WR Doug Baldwin​
  • TE Jermaine Gresham​
  • G T.J. Lang​
  • CB Vontae Davis​
  • QB Matt Cassel​
  • CB Sam Shields​
  • RB Chris Ivory​
  • WR Mike Wallace​
  • RB Jonathan Stewart​
  • FS Corey Graham​
  • OL Jermon Bushrod​
  • QB Derek Anderson​
  • LS John Denney​

I think it goes 5 of these guys. 3 Seniors and 1 Contributor

2024 Pro Football Hall of Fame lookahead: Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates headline as we predict the inductees

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO

Peppers
Gates
Berry
Ngata
Luck

My Arguement for luck is not to look at Longevity but look at how dominant he played WHEN HE PLAYED.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is going to be the big debate. I don't think he gets in. 7 years in the league, but only played 6 seasons. One of those seasons he only played 6 or 7 games. He put up good numbers, even great numbers while he was around, but not all time numbers. He was top 5 on yards and TD's through his first 6 seasons, but I think with only 6 seasons played he'd have to be clearly #1 to have a good argument. Plus even when he played he was never even top 3 player in the league at his position. Maybe top 5. But Brees, Brady, Manning, and probably Rodgers were all clearly better than him.

I think he was good enough and was putting up good enough numbers that if he had either won a Superbowl or compiled another 4-5 seasons at the same rate he would probably be in. But even then I'm not sure he's a first ballot HoF guy.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that really screams first ballot HOFer is Antonio Gates. Maybe Peppers and Berry, but I think they will have to spend a year or two on the ballet. I could see about 10 of these guys actually making it into the hall at some point.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers is absolutely a first ballot guy. He's fourth in NFL history in sacks. 10 seasons with double digit sacks. Won DPoY award, made 2 different all decade teams. Him and Terrell Suggs are the only 2 guys in the top 10 of sacks not in the Hall, and Suggs isn't eligible until next year. Second in league history with passes defended by a D Lineman (batted balls) second most blocked kicks. A lot of it is compiling by playing forever, but he was a superstar for a while too. Ahead of Demarcus Ware in pretty much every category but Rings, and that doesn't mean quite as much to non QB's

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gates is the only Shoe in.
Peppers possibly.
None of the rest 1st go around.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a first timer, but do you guys think Brian Mitchell ever gets in? I get it that he’s just seen as a kick returner but he’s arguably the best and most consistent that’s ever done it. I have long thought that the NFL HOF is the Hall of Very Good with some questionable adds through the years. B Mitch may have to wait until the veterans committee adds him one day. For me, I think he’s a Hall of Famer.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck put Chris Ivory on the list?

More career rushing yards than Gale Sayers.

It is guys like Derek Anderson and Matt Cassell that jumped out to me as pretty funny.....and of course the long snapper.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a first timer, but do you guys think Brian Mitchell ever gets in? I get it that he’s just seen as a kick returner but he’s arguably the best and most consistent that’s ever done it. I have long thought that the NFL HOF is the Hall of Very Good with some questionable adds through the years. B Mitch may have to wait until the veterans committee adds him one day. For me, I think he’s a Hall of Famer.
Nah. But Devin Hester could get in this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that really screams first ballot HOFer is Antonio Gates. Maybe Peppers and Berry, but I think they will have to spend a year or two on the ballet. I could see about 10 of these guys actually making it into the hall at some point.
Peppers is legit. Go look at his body of work. Played forever too. Longevity is very important. He effected 17 seasons in this football league of ours.

12 sacks age 22
11 sacks age 37

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers & Gates are locks, IMO.
Patrick Willis needs to get in next year, no question.

After that Haloti Ngata has a decent shot but I would say outside the first ballot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. But Devin Hester could get in this year.
Now that to me would be wrong. Mitchell had the better career as a returner. I can live with Mitchell not getting in because of position but don’t put a guy in at the same position that is less than what he is. Mitchell was a force for a long time. Hester had like a 3-4 year window.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really only 2 locks from that list in Gates and Peppers.

After those two I would say the rest will be some guys that have just missed the last couple of years with Jared Allen and Reggie Wayne as top candidates.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really only 2 locks from that list in Gates and Peppers.

After those two I would say the rest will be some guys that have just missed the last couple of years with Jared Allen and Reggie Wayne as top candidates.
That's my thought. Probably Gates, Peppers, and 3 out of Reggie Wayne, Jared Allen, Devin Hester, and Tory Holt.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers & Gates are locks, IMO.
Patrick Willis needs to get in next year, no question.
Agreed on Peppers and Gates. Willis should probably get in this year too. Though I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any of the WRs like Johnson, Wayne or Holt get in yet.