• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he just wants to play football and not be bothered about the NFL just yet. There's really no way to stop it, but I wish the media wouldn't put so much pressure on these guys about their NFL intentions.
Every kid and every program goes through that now. Sure it's lame, but these are college kids and know what they are getting into when they sign up. To me the BS that goes on for high school recruits is far worse.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to play for the Browns.

Well ya, no one wants to play there but if he is asking teams not to tank it then he is in a round about way saying he wants to play for the Brown's, who else is automatically in the top 2?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ya, no one wants to play there but if he is asking teams not to tank it then he is in a round about way saying he wants to play for the Brown's, who else is automatically in the top 2?
If I was Darnold .. or any college QB for that matter, I'd be praying to every fvcking god every mentioned for any team other than Cleveland. That team is a career killer.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On SB nation. Which Pac fan bases are most happy with their coach? The list is about what you'd expect.

Unhappiest

10. Jim Mora, UCLA Bruins. After a Pac-12 title appearance in his inaugural season, Mora has stumbled every chance since then to return to that game. Big season for Mora ahead to prove that he can still coach at a high level.

Disgruntled

9. Rich Rodriguez, Arizona Wildcats. Tough slide for Rich-Rod two years removed from the Pac-12 title game. It’s an important year to stop the bleeding.

8. Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils. It’s been a few rough seasons for Graham. Big year to turn it around.

Uncertain

7. Gary Andersen, Oregon State Beavers. Oregon State beat their rivals and showed positive trends the last two months. Good sign that the Beaver malaise may be ending.

Pleased

6. Mike Leach, Washington State Cougars. Leach is be in a spot where Washington State fans are happy to be getting to bowl games. Can they take the next step and get to a title game?

5. Kyle Whittingham, Utah Utes. Utah always wins eight games and beat someone they shouldn’t. They also give their fans ulcers with close win after close win.

Happy

4. Clay Helton, USC Trojans. Helton has put USC in the right direction, but expectations are always high.

3. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado Buffaloes. Colorado is good again! That’s all Buffs fans have asked for the last decade.

Ecstatic

2. David Shaw, Stanford Cardinal. Stanford had their second worst season under Shaw last year. They went 9-4, beat Cal, UCLA, USC, Oregon and Notre Dame. Nothing to worry about here.

1. Chris Petersen, Washington Huskies. Washington appears to have returned to the top of the conference and is in no position to relinquish that title.

large_pacifictakes.com.minimal.png
More From Pacific Takes

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Stanford went 10-3, the article says 9-4

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Wazzy isn't the only coug not 'pleased' with Leach overall.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting that the Ducks will finish the regular season with a 9-3 / 8-4 record.

7-5, including getting curb stomped by Nebraska which will be the official "the Taggart honeymoon is over" stage for Nike and Duck bandwagon fans. It will be reality time for how much work still lies ahead for the program.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Wazzy isn't the only coug not 'pleased' with Leach overall.

I don't understand that, the mad professor is a perfect match for Pullman!
The guy is so unstable and calls it like he see's it and that is a perfect recipe for the Cougs to beat someone good in their own house, in front of their own fans!

I mean he pulls this off it will be the biggest news in Pullman since Price left for Bama and got caught with Bama hookers even before coaching a game!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5, including getting curb stomped by Nebraska which will be the official "the Taggart honeymoon is over" stage for Nike and Duck bandwagon fans. It will be reality time for how much work still lies ahead for the program.
Oregon at home. Freeman healthy, He went out with almost 10 min left in the 1st quarter. No coach that will call 2pt conversions all day. Nebraska with a new QB. I like Oregon's chances even if I wasn't a fan

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon at home. Freeman healthy, He went out with almost 10 min left in the 1st quarter. No coach that will call 2pt conversions all day. Nebraska with a new QB. I like Oregon's chances even if I wasn't a fan

I give oregon a pretty good shot at winning that game. I just don't see Nebraska as that formidable and I can't fathom Oregon crapping the bed again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two top QB commits, Washington in envious and uncomfortable position

ok, I don't typically put pure homer articles on the Pac12 thread. This one is about a story that stands to be big enough to find people outside of Montlake interested though. I do not recall ever having two high value QB's coming in the same class. We have had two on campus at the same time from other classes to be sure. You figure one will either flip late or transfer at some point. A lot of eyes will be on how each acts all the way through their senior seasons and the pressures from other teams that need QB's to flip.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok, I don't typically put pure homer articles on the Pac12 thread. This one is about a story that stands to be big enough to find people outside of Montlake interested though. I do not recall ever having two high value QB's coming in the same class. We have had two on campus at the same time from other classes to be sure. You figure one will either flip late or transfer at some point. A lot of eyes will be on how each acts all the way through their senior seasons and the pressures from other teams that need QB's to flip.

There's also a good chance one of them will not live up to the hype. A very good chance. You hope that's the one who leaves. The story is USC had Kessler for his final year and had Darnold , 5* Max Browne and* Ricky Towne. Word is Ricky Towne went through workouts with them and decided he's not going to beat out Darnold and split.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a good chance one of them will not live up to the hype. A very good chance. You hope that's the one who leaves. The story is USC had Kessler for his final year and had Darnold , 5* Max Browne and* Ricky Towne. Word is Ricky Towne went through workouts with them and decided he's not going to beat out Darnold and split.
So many different ways this can go down for sure. I mean both of them being on the team 3 years from now seems like 100% not likely.

They were both roomed together at the Elite 11 where they met for the first time.

If either flips I'm guessing Yankoff would be the one. Sirmon seems so rock solid, but these are just 17y/o kids that haven't even started their senior seasons.

If recruits read between the lines and think Darnold is more likely to not play after this year does that change any interest in accepting these offers USC is putting out? They went after Sirmon and I hear he was quick to say no thank you, but did not hear if they had any interest at all in Yankoff.

I mean you can't possibly have a QB named Yankoff playing for the condoms can you? That's just too much.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many different ways this can go down for sure. I mean both of them being on the team 3 years from now seems like 100% not likely.

They were both roomed together at the Elite 11 where they met for the first time.

If either flips I'm guessing Yankoff would be the one. Sirmon seems so rock solid, but these are just 17y/o kids that haven't even started their senior seasons.

If recruits read between the lines and think Darnold is more likely to not play after this year does that change any interest in accepting these offers USC is putting out? They went after Sirmon and I hear he was quick to say no thank you, but did not hear if they had any interest at all in Yankoff.

I mean you can't possibly have a QB named Yankoff playing for the condoms can you? That's just too much.

Yankoff the condom? lol. That would be funny. We've had Booty and Bush so why not.lol

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be very cool to see both stick to their commitments and turn this into a great QB battle...

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give oregon a pretty good shot at winning that game. I just don't see Nebraska as that formidable and I can't fathom Oregon crapping the bed again.

So if I'm reading this correctly, then @RegentDenali is the only one who knows anything at all about Football?

In all seriousness, I think Oregon has a better chance of winning than Nebraska. Mostly for the reasons @Olyduck said. Dammit.