• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, 'White Mamba', I remember that guy! :rolleyes2:

I wonder if he still stalks the good 'ole PAC12 Thread?

Hey, @mrwallace2ku, does @WhiteMamba still stop by every now and again? :noidea:
He hasn't even posted on twitter since like January or something. Think he's taking a very long internet break at the least.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly, Oly, Oly - luv ya man - but of course Phil Knights money has massively improved the entire athletic dept. There are a ton of examples one that comes to mind - Baseball reinstated at Oregon - what happens - state of the art baseball complex with high end proven coach hired. There has been multiple threads regarding the rise of UO, it began in 1989 Independence Bowl win - Phil got a taste of it and has donated his personal (Nike) money ever since. Thus the rise in all sports.
baseball wasnt paid for by Phil knight. despite the initials being the same PK park isnt named for Phil Knight

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nike/Phil the major reason Oregon sports especially football are able to attract the athletes they werent able to before?
"What do you need to get the program to the next level?" he asked.
It's very obvious to anyone not UO fan.
a reason sure. i never said he wasnt when it came to football. but again this was talking about all sports. not just football not just basketball.
Basketball was fine even before Matt Knight arena. Bringing in Altman was the biggest move made. he is making basically the same as Kent was. so that wasnt really a Knight move.
and no I still dont believe Knight is the reason the golf team won the National Championship or the track and cross country teams won theirs. or softball being ranked highly year in and year out and making WCWS.
i havent denied Knight has done a lot for Oregon especially football.
I just dont concede that he is the only reason Oregon has had success. That Oregon woundt be anywhere near where they are without him. That Oregon bought their success and didnt earn it the same way as other programs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball wasnt paid for by Phil knight. despite the initials being the same PK park isnt named for Phil Knight
You don't think the school could afford and/or other donors could afford a lot more to build a baseball facility due directly to not having to put other money outside of uncle phil into football/basketball/tutor facilities?

It's not just the singular monetary act. It has impacts all over the place.

If UW didn't have to scrounge up all that money to rebuild husky stadium maybe they have more to redo part of the basketball complex. Maybe they have more in the budget to build a general student athlete lounge.

Knight dropping all of that cash expanded ALL of the sports budget.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way will the Rams move on if he struggles this year. (I don't think he struggles though, as I think the problem was more to do with Fishers' lack of coaching talent he put in place on the offensive side of the ball, especially compared to all the tenured coaching talent they have now)

If they gave Greg Robinson 3 seasons to prove himself and a partial off season, who was a No. 2 pick overall that they acquired in the the RGII trade, than they will give Goff, who they traded a lot of draft capital to move up to No. 1 overall, at least three years before thinking of moving on.

I don't think they will either, but there has been talk of it. I think the thing that will maybe help him get more time is the fact that he has new coach. If Fisher was still the coach, they likely would be moving on from him if he struggles this year. But then, Fisher's an idiot.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell does NC State not like Utah?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Oklahoma hates Arizona ST more than they hate Oregon

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hate us 'cause they ain't us.:cool2:
Yahhh. We're F'n crushed with jealousy.

pac12championshipfootbal-1.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when teams release these with themselves already slated in the CCG. I hope they miss it more now.
Yeah, because you weren't already 100% hoping for that already.