• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said big time recruit but he hasn't played a down of college ball yet. I didn't see him on any 2 deep projections. a hit to the D line and depth yes. a big hit? maybe it was also announced today another D line player is out for the year so maybe more impactful now than yesterday when it happened. but still hard to say

I don't know man but this comes from a pro duck site just like the headline. "He was expected to be a key reserve off the bench for this upcoming season as a true freshman."
You know the team more than I do but it sounds like he was going to see some playing time. The way your defense played the last two years i doubt theres a shit load of linemen who are secure with their position.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man but this comes from a pro duck site just like the headline. "He was expected to be a key reserve off the bench for this upcoming season as a true freshman."
You know the team more than I do but it sounds like he was going to see some playing time. The way your defense played the last two years i doubt theres a shit load of linemen who are secure with their position.
Oregon is going to a 3 man front. even per Phil Steele projected depth chart Reirmaier wasnt in the 3 o4 4 deep on either DE position nor the 5 deep at the NT. one of the guys for NT is out now also. so even if he moved in he would have been 5th.
Like I said it sucks but at the same time may or may not pan out. losing a proven guy to me means more than losing someone who never played 1 down based on potential.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing every player sucks and has some impact greater than zero. Sure, might not be felt for even a season or two, but losing talent is losing talent.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is going to a 3 man front. even per Phil Steele projected depth chart Reirmaier wasnt in the 3 o4 4 deep on either DE position nor the 5 deep at the NT. one of the guys for NT is out now also. so even if he moved in he would have been 5th.
Like I said it sucks but at the same time may or may not pan out. losing a proven guy to me means more than losing someone who never played 1 down based on potential.

So you're going with Phil Steeles projection rather than a person who actually covers your team on a daily basis? I've read some of Phil Steels projections where he would tell you how good a player will be this season , a player who graduated and is off the roster.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in April'-
if you go to 3-4 or jump back into 4-3 he was still no farther than third on depth
A look at Oregon Ducks' possible football depth chart entering spring practices
DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
Unofficial depth chart: 1. Henry Mondeaux (Sr., 6-5, 280); 2. Rex Manu (Jr., 6-3, 305); 3. Drayton Carlberg (RSo., 6-5, 290); 4. Jalen Jelks (RJr., 6-6, 260); 5. Elijah George (RSr., 6-5, 290); 6. Gary Baker (RSo., 6-4, 305); 7. Hunter Kampmoyer (RFr., 6-4, 245); 8. Rutger Reitmaier (6-3, 270); 9. Austin Faoliu (6-3, 285); 10. Jordon Scott (6-1, 345); 11. Jordan Kurahara (RJr., 6-8, 260); 12. Riley Greene (RFr., 6-3, 305); 13. Drake Brennan (RSo., 6-7, 260); 14. Anthony Gutierrez (RJr., 5-11, 260).

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the primary reasons I don't see the Ducks winning 8-9 games this year. The defense. Even with landing a solid DC, it's not like it's the NFL where you can implode a roster and speed up the transition to a different scheme with a bunch of experienced free agents. Even with the Oregon's school turning a blind eye to all the 5 year senior transfers brought in no questions asked, it's simply going to take more than one recruit class to start cooking.

Your offense will be better as long as Freeman stays healthy, and there will be risk involved, since I'm expecting them to put the ball in his hands ALOT this season. I'm expecting the Ducks to score a lot more this year, but it's going to kind of resemble Cal under Dykes this year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the primary reasons I don't see the Ducks winning 8-9 games this year. The defense. Even with landing a solid DC, it's not like it's the NFL where you can implode a roster and speed up the transition to a different scheme with a bunch of experienced free agents. Even with the Oregon's school turning a blind eye to all the 5 year senior transfers brought in no questions asked, it's simply going to take more than one recruit class to start cooking.

Your offense will be better as long as Freeman stays healthy, and there will be risk involved, since I'm expecting them to put the ball in his hands ALOT this season. I'm expecting the Ducks to score a lot more this year, but it's going to kind of resemble Cal under Dykes this year.

Last season I thought no way they are that bad on defense again and they were. Hmmm didn't a Duck fan keep telling us that they couldn't be worse? Anyway, I think they put up a fight against UW and Stanford but lose and they win over most others . I think 8 wins should be the over under point.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former 4* OT EJ Price transferred from USC to Kentucky . Word is He got in the dog house after an altercation and was removed from the squad but remained enrolled and kept going to classes at USC. With the graduation of Banner and Wheeler to the NFL he would have had his opportunity to compete for a starting job. But he got together with Helton and they decided he needs a fresh start. He did thank Helton for helping him with the move.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you mean the 1 transfer? is that ALL of them

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going with Phil Steeles projection rather than a person who actually covers your team on a daily basis? I've read some of Phil Steels projections where he would tell you how good a player will be this season , a player who graduated and is off the roster.
yea I don't take him as the be all end all but he is usually pretty well on top of things, him and his staff, I mean they cover 130 teams in depth. plus do NFL and other stuff. but still one of the better overall breakdowns. Lindys shipped to me missing pages that were simply inserted in like a book mark would be. I mean come on.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I don't take him as the be all end all but he is usually pretty well on top of things, him and his staff, I mean they cover 130 teams in depth. plus do NFL and other stuff. but still one of the better overall breakdowns. Lindys shipped to me missing pages that were simply inserted in like a book mark would be. I mean come on.

He's good for overall stuff. But you can't follow every team enough to know how every freshman will be used. The guy who covers the team every day and actually goes to practices is going to know better about how a certain new players going to be used. Like this kid who transferred from USC. He didn't play last season but he was going to be given a good shot to either be a starter or at least on the two deep but there's no mention of him in Phils notes about the USC O line . And if there's one unit that people need to keep an eye on it's the O line. People are going to come after Darnold as quick as possible because if you give him time he will kill you. The fact that the O line will be rebuilt makes it the obvious point of attach.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former 4* OT EJ Price transferred from USC to Kentucky . Word is He got in the dog house after an altercation and was removed from the squad but remained enrolled and kept going to classes at USC. With the graduation of Banner and Wheeler to the NFL he would have had his opportunity to compete for a starting job. But he got together with Helton and they decided he needs a fresh start. He did thank Helton for helping him with the move.

USC Oline goes into the season with a lot of questions and injury recovery scenarios.
Projected starting RG Viane Talamaivao tore his bicep/elbow in the spring, but is projected to be ready sometime this season, possibly even by Sept. We'll see.
Nico Falah will most likely be the starting center, but he needs to avoid an another injury to that back of his. He may have to move to T for 2017 to take the strain off his disc.
Toa Lobendahn tore his ACL last year. He can play C or T, but again, lots of unknowns at what level he can play in 2017. Probably center if Falah can't, but lots more risk to that knee inside like that.
Chuma Edoga will probably be the starting RT.
After that, it's a mix of backups and young recruits.
USC does have the luxury of having a lot of players who can move all over the line if needed.

While there is always no denying the talent and sheer size on the USC roster because you'll always automatically land most of the top Oline talent on the west coast every draft class no matter who the coach is, there is a lot more concern when your looking at it on paper this year than usual. The starters need to stay healthy or the pass defense pressure will increase bigtime and will be forced into hurrying passes way more than he was in 2016.

Last edited:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season I thought no way they are that bad on defense again and they were. Hmmm didn't a Duck fan keep telling us that they couldn't be worse? Anyway, I think they put up a fight against UW and Stanford but lose and they win over most others . I think 8 wins should be the over under point.

8 wins is the O/U.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrington is going to Utah. This sucks. UW has to play their asses this year.
considering. nothing official yet.

It would surprise me given that its in the same conference and they play each other this season.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intraconference transfer rules would require a petition to the conference to waive a loss of year. He only has one left. as a Grad transfer he could go out of conference and play. and he would have to pay his own way at a Pac 12 member school.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intraconference transfer rules would require a petition to the conference to waive a loss of year. He only has one left. as a Grad transfer he could go out of conference and play. and he would have to pay his own way at a Pac 12 member school.
Are you sure that holds true with a player that is dismissed as well as those that leave on their own? I thought it didn't apply when a team flat out dumped a student athlete. If it does apply that is entirely fucking stupid. He didn't bail on the program, the program dumped him. He should be free to go anywhere he wants after being dismissed.