• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Phil, Oregon football is Oregon State , Washington State football. It's just a fact. Stanford would still be Stanford without Phils donation. Saying he also gave money to Stanford is like saying I bough my wife a car but look I bought my girlfriend a metro pass. Duck fan is delusional to think Phil(hence Nike) isn;t your daddy. It's like saying California without the beaches would be still California. No it wouldn't .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really sure where you see justifications

You guys try to justify the money that comes from Uncle Phil by saying that other schools have bigger contracts with Nike.

Phil is the owner of Nike, that's where his money comes from. Oregon doesn't have to have a big contract with Nike because of how much money Uncle Phil donates to the school.

End of the day, it doesn't matter if the money comes directly from Nike via a contract or whether it comes from Phil's personal account. The money still originates with and comes from Nike.

Also, no one is saying there's anything wrong with that. Regardless of where the money comes from, Phil is free to do what he wants with it.

But let's not pretend that the money isn't coming from Nike just because it hits his personal account before it's handed over to Oregon.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys try to justify the money that comes from Uncle Phil by saying that other schools have bigger contracts with Nike.

Phil is the owner of Nike, that's where his money comes from. Oregon doesn't have to have a big contract with Nike because of how much money Uncle Phil donates to the school.

End of the day, it doesn't matter if the money comes directly from Nike via a contract or whether it comes from Phil's personal account. The money still originates with and comes from Nike.

Also, no one is saying there's anything wrong with that. Regardless of where the money comes from, Phil is free to do what he wants with it.

But let's not pretend that the money isn't coming from Nike just because it hits his personal account before it's handed over to Oregon.

So if it goes from Nike to Phil and say he invests it or goes and gambles and wins is it still Nike money?
earning it from Nike still doesn't make it Nike money once it is Phil's. Ive never gone out and been like hey guys I got this round it's hospital money.

to me calling it Nike U would mean they have a huge Nike contract.

Not saying there is anything wrong with but make a bunch of memes that are basically making fun of Oregon and the Phil Knight relationship.

But that is still like saying all the beer I drank yesterday was paid for by my employer. all the lap dances I have gotten over the last 13 years I have worked here were paid for by my employer. Any donations I have made shouldn't have been in my name but rather that of my employer.
I am not my employer and the company I work for is not me.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Phil, Oregon football is Oregon State , Washington State football. It's just a fact. Stanford would still be Stanford without Phils donation. Saying he also gave money to Stanford is like saying I bough my wife a car but look I bought my girlfriend a metro pass. Duck fan is delusional to think Phil(hence Nike) isn;t your daddy. It's like saying California without the beaches would be still California. No it wouldn't .
not a fact that's opinion. no way to prove or disprove it. before phil started putting more money in Oregon had just won the conference and played in the Rose Bowl.
Bellotti was already in place to take over for Brooks. Bellotti is the one who made the move to hurry up and spread and all that. Bellotti is the one who brought in Kelly.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a fact that's opinion. no way to prove or disprove it. before phil started putting more money in Oregon had just won the conference and played in the Rose Bowl.
Bellotti was already in place to take over for Brooks. Bellotti is the one who made the move to hurry up and spread and all that. Bellotti is the one who brought in Kelly.

So you're Baylor or sorta like A&M at best if you want to play the Phil hasn't done anything to promote Oregon but we all know he's the main reason. Like others have said , it's no crime to have one single major donor. But come on now it's obvious that the affiliation with Nike was a large part of the Ducks having national exposure. They went flashy because he and Nike are flashy with uniforms solely for them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're Baylor or sorta like A&M at best if you want to play the Phil hasn't done anything to promote Oregon but we all know he's the main reason. Like others have said , it's no crime to have one single major donor. But come on now it's obvious that the affiliation with Nike was a large part of the Ducks having national exposure. They went flashy because he and Nike are flashy with uniforms solely for them.
False again. Nike has gone across the country with uniforms.
boise-11-allorange-steveconner-675x380.jpg

150320_Nike_TCU_HOME_16x9_rectangle_1600.0.jpg

g_leak_508.jpg

123699205_display_image.jpg

13903055162_fbe80b029d_o.png

920x920.jpg

ohio-state-buckeyes-uniform-concept-675x380.jpg

Wisconsin,P2Bv,P2BOhio,P2BState,P2Byg1Ia6D_ET_l.jpg.pagespeed.ce.dkeTXMc5LB.jpg

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God... I fucking hate Nike. My letters to the UW athletic department telling them to switch to Adidas or under armor continue to go unanswered.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False again. Nike has gone across the country with uniforms.
boise-11-allorange-steveconner-675x380.jpg

150320_Nike_TCU_HOME_16x9_rectangle_1600.0.jpg

g_leak_508.jpg

123699205_display_image.jpg

13903055162_fbe80b029d_o.png

920x920.jpg

ohio-state-buckeyes-uniform-concept-675x380.jpg

Wisconsin,P2Bv,P2BOhio,P2BState,P2Byg1Ia6D_ET_l.jpg.pagespeed.ce.dkeTXMc5LB.jpg

Seriously? lol. After Oregon went 100% on costume changes Nike had some for other schools, some were one time some were longer but but Oregon is the testing ground for all of this . I can't believe you're even debating this.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they say they are gonna move away from the costume change thing this year? Like, it's one thing to do clown uniforms when you're winning, but then it's just full clownshow when you're terrible... I'm impressed they realized and are gonna address it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they say they are gonna move away from the costume change thing this year? Like, it's one thing to do clown uniforms when you're winning, but then it's just full clownshow when you're terrible... I'm impressed they realized and are gonna address it.
wearing a different uniform each game isn't a costume change.
if it were a costume change Oregon would change uniforms between each quarter

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be hilarious. Just the OD first half meltdown alone would be worth it.

"Nooooooooo.. you better put on the sparkly Lewis and Clark helmets at halftime, the yellow with green flakes aren't working! Skooooookooooo!"

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be hilarious. Just the OD first half meltdown alone would be worth it.

"Nooooooooo.. you better put on the sparkly Lewis and Clark helmets at halftime, the yellow with green flakes aren't working! Skooooookooooo!"

I would imagine OD does do costume changes. like if Oregon is losing he changes what he is wearing at half time or after the quarter because he seems like the kind of person that thinks what he is wearing has an impact on the outcome.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Ducks dont know what the word "uniform" means. If it's constantly changing . Then its the days costume.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it goes from Nike to Phil and say he invests it or goes and gambles and wins is it still Nike money?
earning it from Nike still doesn't make it Nike money once it is Phil's. Ive never gone out and been like hey guys I got this round it's hospital money.

to me calling it Nike U would mean they have a huge Nike contract.

Not saying there is anything wrong with but make a bunch of memes that are basically making fun of Oregon and the Phil Knight relationship.

But that is still like saying all the beer I drank yesterday was paid for by my employer. all the lap dances I have gotten over the last 13 years I have worked here were paid for by my employer. Any donations I have made shouldn't have been in my name but rather that of my employer.
I am not my employer and the company I work for is not me.

Like I said, you Ducks fans will justify anything. Thanks for proving my point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never gone out and been like hey guys I got this round it's hospital money.

Do you own the hospital? Or are you an employee?

Phil Knight owns Nike. So...Nike's money is his money and vice versa.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ducks dont know what the word "uniform" means. If it's constantly changing . Then its the days costume.
still looking the same but different colors doesn't make it not a uniform. if someone in the military wears a different uniform everyday are they not still in uniform?