• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with most all of this, and don't deny even as a Bruins fan that USC was a Dynasty in that era. I would also say that Oregon under CK was a Dynasty too. (I put them on equal footing because both Dynasties ended up without a single legitimate title between them after it was all said and done)

The vacated NT game for SC does remind me of a trivia question I asked a budding casual CFB fan in 2005, after he went on and on about how great it was that USC was back to back National Champions. I asked him: "Name the only team to play in last two National Championships Games?" He answered: "Well it has to be USC". I remember telling him, 'Nope, the answer is Oklahoma'. He knew I was a big CFB fan, so he didn't challenge it, but I'll never forget the look on his face as he asked me in a bewildered amazement... "How can that be?"

:lol:

Cover of sports illustrated between 2000 and 2015

USC football - 33 times
Oregon football -8 times

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cover of sports illustrated between 2000 and 2015

USC football - 33 times
Oregon football -8 times

was that including this one?

81xkBb8jqJL._SL1080_.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fvck USC.

Tough to gauge that one. He's been nothing but UW for a long time AND you kind of have to take his less talented cousin (and actually appear to want to play him) so UW has that going for them. Not sure how serious USC would be at taking that package.

But Pete kind of left the door open for him to explore when he brought Yankoff (still can't get over that name ffs) and appearing to not have as much confidence in Sirmon as he might want. I questioned that move then and will keep on questioning it until signing day and we see what happens.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to gauge that one. He's been nothing but UW for a long time AND you kind of have to take his less talented cousin (and actually appear to want to play him) so UW has that going for them. Not sure how serious USC would be at taking that package.

But Pete kind of left the door open for him to explore when he brought Yankoff (still can't get over that name ffs) and appearing to not have as much confidence in Sirmon as he might want. I questioned that move then and will keep on questioning it until signing day and we see what happens.

I heard one is "pro style" the other more "option". You know which is which?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard one is "pro style" the other more "option". You know which is which?
Sirmon is considered a pro style QB so I get the interest in him by USC.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's like dating a super model. You can't even approach it without knowing others maybe with more to offer are going to keep offering to buy her drinks at the least. You have to just accept it and do everything you can to keep them happy so they don't take other offers.

If you aren't having high level teams trying to poach your players, you aren't in the arena with them going after the top tier players. This is Pete's next level of progression. He can do a lot with mid level players and some higher ones in the mix, but now he must show the ability to dance on this floor if he is to reach that elite status AND STAY THERE beyond a stand out season here and there.

Sirmon shouldn't be that hard to protect. His dad teaches in the UW system, he's played his HS ball in the UW footprint and been to all of the camps and whatnot, he was the first verbal for this class and is really its ambassador for going after other commits, he has a ton of friends going to UW after highschool and they all chat about it on social media quite often, and of course his cousin also having a slot is a big plus. Add that if he was going to waver it would probably be for his uncle who is coaching at Louisville which isn't a shabby program in its own right.

I really can't see anyone poaching him, but that Yankoff thing has me at least raising an eyebrow.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plenty of P5 programs take two QBs in their classes every couple of years when it's required or two just happen to have all the skill sets the program is looking for. The top programs as well. Local press around here keeps trying to create drama about the Sirmon/Yankoff thing, when there isn't any. Sirmon stated he doesn't give a rip about it and welcomes the competition because that's what football is all about.

Washington took it to the next level last year. They're now one of the elites of the PAC. This will attract many recruits that we couldn't of dreamed of landing under coaches like Sark and the clown before him. But now we're competing against the elites of the PAC and other P5 programs for commits and to keep them committed till LOI. And doing it with extremely high academic standards. It's a brutal grind to build it all and make it all come together down the road.

Darnold has 3 years of eligibility left and Sears is now on their roster as well. Any QB who wishes to join USC right now is going to see that it could be years before they even have a shot to play. This is just one of those years where getting a top QB recruit to commit to USC is more of a challenge, even with having the greatest built in recruiting advantage in the NCAA.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of P5 programs take two QBs in their classes every couple of years when it's required or two just happen to have all the skill sets the program is looking for. The top programs as well. Local press around here keeps trying to create drama about the Sirmon/Yankoff thing, when there isn't any. Sirmon stated he doesn't give a rip about it and welcomes the competition because that's what football is all about.

Washington took it to the next level last year. They're now one of the elites of the PAC. This will attract many recruits that we couldn't of dreamed of landing under coaches like Sark and the clown before him. But now we're competing against the elites of the PAC and other P5 programs for commits and to keep them committed till LOI. And doing it with extremely high academic standards. It's a brutal grind to build it all and make it all come together down the road.

Darnold has 3 years of eligibility left and Sears is now on their roster as well. Any QB who wishes to join USC right now is going to see that it could be years before they even have a shot to play. This is just one of those years where getting a top QB recruit to commit to USC is more of a challenge, even with having the greatest built in recruiting advantage in the NCAA.
Like I said a couple of posts above yours, I'm not that worried. I simply have one eyebrow raised. The Yankoff thing is just one small addition to a lot of others going through every verbal commits minds. They have their senior seasons yet to play and a lot of scouts and coaches will be paying more attention than they already faced as juniors. There will be people coming at them from all directions and you can be sure they will try to say thing about Yankoff proves they don't have confidence in you and we do. That kind of shit is stuff EVERY staff does and I'm sure ours does as well. I mean I doubt Pete does, but his position coaches probably do.

I said I think Sirmon is as strong as you can peg a kid that this date and for all of the reasons I mentioned. I won't lose sleep over USC or any other high level program going after him. Again, all that does is cement more how good of a kid you really have on your hands. The more the blue bloods try to push a kid, the more it means you have something special on your hands.

If I was a betting man I'd say Yankoff doesn't end up signing here, or won't be on the staff past his red shirt freshman year. I would be far more surprised to see him being the one that stays and Sirmon leaving. But anything is possible.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning, Darnold, and Rosen are all eligible for the 2018 NFL Draft and all could be high draft picks, I doubt any stay more than a year afterwards if they stay at all.

This is why having at least two high QB prospects in a year on the roster is not only acceptable but necessary.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why ask me, im not the one keeping a list

Well you did go out of your way to post that SI cover when Texas beat USC for the Natty. So I figured posting a pic of the ass kicking Ohio State gave Oregon was a reasonable question.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you did go out of your way to post that SI cover when Texas beat USC for the Natty. So I figured posting a pic of the ass kicking Ohio State gave Oregon was a reasonable question.
out of my way? it took about 2 seconds. besides why the need to speak up? you been sucking USC's dick a long time now or what?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of my way? it took about 2 seconds. besides why the need to speak up? you been sucking USC's dick a long time now or what?

I'm not even a USC fan you dumbfuck. And get Phil Knight's balls outta your mouth.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even a USC fan you dumbfuck. And get Phil Knight's balls outta your mouth.
I know you arent thats why i find it weird that you felt the need to try and make a comeback in their defense by taking a shot at Oregon with rebuttal in the same vein as the Texas over USC SI cover. something I dont really care about. I cringe when Oregon is on the cover.
as for Phil Knight please take the time to go over all my posts and tell me where I ever had his balls in my mouth.