• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about doomed, there can be booster monies I suppose but it does suck for sure at face value.

There is a lot of money involved in all the bowl games and such, and I think this may only be the tip of the iceberg. I can't see this truly being the end result.

If the NCAA stepped in with moving the final four due to politics, the NCAA might do something similar too in this same regard. I'm not sure exactly how that would work out but if this is indeed about adoption by gay parents, they too could be a player involving all NCAA schools even inside those exact states.

Regarding the actual politics, obviously gay & lesbian households are not traditional parenting prospects, however parentless children simply need parents. I really don't see the problem if these children go to loving households, but opposing religious foundations are clearly not in the best interest of the child.

The big 'if' in this whole deal is the law that was signed was 'interpreted' to deny gay parent prospects the opportunity to engage in the process in California, however the law was actually regarding religion. So I think these schools have a pretty good leg to stand on when the do legally challenge travel ban.

What could the NCAA honestly do? Not allowed or recognize any non California school to play in California bowls or championship games

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm 1 week on a river with no internet, and this is the shit I come back too. Wiz, I think you are right Stanford will be better than last year in many ways, I still think a 9 win season is optimistic.
Ferd has way too much top tier talent in the trenches and a coach with a proven pedigree to not take seriously.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could the NCAA honestly do? Not allowed or recognize any non California school to play in California bowls or championship games
Like I said, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of similar play by the NCAA since they have thrown their hats in the Politics arena prior as mentioned with the Final Four.

I think the Cali attorney general is overstepping the actual interpretation of the law regarding discrimination.

So let me get this right, the UCLA Bruins basketball is now banned from travel, playing UK in Rupp Arena because Kentucky passed a law that says the kid playing Linus in the 'Charlie Brown Christmas' should be allowed to say that he knows what 'Christmas' is all about?

It would seem to me that the 'discrimination' law would be in support of this law passed in Kentucky, but somehow allowing a kid to reciting a bible verse in a HS play is viewed by the CA attorney general as one that allows discrimination because it doesn't let School Officials 'punish' students who wear religious messages on their clothes and who express religious or political beliefs in homework, artwork and speeches. :L

These travel ban 'interpretations' will all be challenged now that it has filtered down into the profitable, money generating arenas, because let's face it, when it comes to P5 Men's Football and Basketball, those schools don't depend on State revenue to support travel. They just want to say it does, and flex their political muscle.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wasn't defending them though. I posted that SI cover for 1 reason, to rile you up. And it worked.
you posted a cover that I don't care about in a conversation that somebody else, not me, used the total number of covers, that I still don't care about, to rile me up? and you feel like you succeeded? ok congrats on that.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon gets a commit from 3* LB ATH MJ Cunningham. From Portland Oregon
other offers were Oregon State, Utah, WSU

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC got a kid to commit yesterday and another today. a 4* RB out of Washington DC. Up to 10 recruits now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Words out. UCLA and Utah QB recruits told USC to take a hike. They're now targeting Washington commit Jacob Sirmon.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yes!!!! WOOF!!!
4-star OT Matteo Mele (Tucson, AZ) commits to Washington.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star WR Andre Hunt (Lancaster, CA) has committed to USC. Offers included UCLA, Colorado, Ore St., Utah, WSU, and BYU.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yes!!!! WOOF!!!
4-star OT Matteo Mele (Tucson, AZ) commits to Washington.

What is wrong with the Zona schools? It's like every top prospect wants the hell out of the state.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with the Zona schools? It's like every top prospect wants the hell out of the state.

From what I read, he played mainly TE until last year when he went through a massive growth spurt and and the coaches said, "Ummmmm....Oline it is son."
He's obviously gonna get bigger, but he's got a lot of work to do learning the OL position and techniques better.

I'd be expecting him to redshirt, but he's a great looking prospect for the Huskies OL in the longterm. Nice first get at Oline for the class.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star WR Andre Hunt (Lancaster, CA) has committed to USC. Offers included UCLA, Colorado, Ore St., Utah, WSU, and BYU.

Decent pickup. If he was closer (Lancaster is the boonies) to LA I think he'db e a solid 4* with his speed.
USC offered Justin Fields. The top QB who isn't commited anywhere. Interesting because Corral is getting heavily recruited by Georgia and they are also heavy on Fields. Both wont go there and Corral I think has Georgia at the top of his list. Alabama has last years top dual QB in Tua so I just don;t see Corral wanting to sit and wait.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent pickup. If he was closer (Lancaster is the boonies) to LA I think he'db e a solid 4* with his speed.
USC offered Justin Fields. The top QB who isn't commited anywhere. Interesting because Corral is getting heavily recruited by Georgia and they are also heavy on Fields. Both wont go there and Corral I think has Georgia at the top of his list. Alabama has last years top dual QB in Tua so I just don;t see Corral wanting to sit and wait.
Hunt reportedly just blew by all the dbs during a recent camp which finalized the USC offer. Hes a burner who can do damage at the slot and returns. Wont be out there all the time on offense, but dangerous when he does get out there.

Think bama isnt really in the running for him. Georgia and Florida will his likely choices. But Georgia is pretty loaded with QB talent as well so it will still take alot of work for him to win the starters job down the road.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre'Shaun Harrison, 4 star athlete (247 ranking) out of Seattle (Garfield HS), just quacked!

Had offers from Michigan, USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, Washington and others

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Arizona coaches are on the hot seat so that might have something to do with it.

I just know we took the top QB prospect out of Arizona and instead of transferring to one of the schools this year he choose to go be like 5th string at Louisville then transferred to Montana State.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre'Shaun Harrison, 4 star athlete (247 ranking) out of Seattle (Garfield HS), just quacked!

Had offers from Michigan, USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, Washington and others
If he's from Garfield he's probably better off at Oregon. That school is known for school stabbings and violence. Should be a solid fit.

:suds:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's from Garfield he's probably better off at Oregon. That school is known for school stabbings and violence. Should be a solid fit.

:suds:

e5eb0c239092868f5ffb569a1e5fe9aa.jpg