• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they lump both Arizona schools together. and WSU move along nothing to see here

Both Zona schools are terrible these days. Dont know what the heck happened. They used to be the first schools of choice for kids either not picked by USC , UCla or just want to go a little farther from home but not too far.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @mrwallace2ku has the Pirates listed as his major league team, but for today at least he's going to be a solid M's fan.

Pretty detailed look at your boy since he left Oregon State here -
Is Andrew Moore ready?

M's severe injury problem has turned into a probably way too early chance for him to dip his toes in the water for a minute.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @mrwallace2ku has the Pirates listed as his major league team, but for today at least he's going to be a solid M's fan.

Is Andrew Moore ready?

M's severe injury problem has turned into a probably way too early chance for him to dip his toes in the water for a minute.
Went to the same HS as Moore. he about the third pushing into second most famous ath from the school as far as I remember.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the same HS as Moore. he about the third pushing into second most famous ath from the school as far as I remember.
of course there is also about a 15 year difference between us

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Andrew Moore ready?

How bout them Dodgers. I went to the game against the Mets the other night and Bellinger hit two Hrs to be the fastest player to hit 20 n 21 hrs in major league history.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? and while that maybe true for some like OD. Im not really the avg Oregon fan or the avg college football fan for that matter.

You're trying to narrow everything down to the same time period, so you sure are doing a helluva a good job of impersonating the average Oregon fan.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying to narrow everything down to the same time period, so you sure are doing a helluva a good job of impersonating the average Oregon fan.
you mean the same time period of in schools history? pretty sure thats what i used

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they lump both Arizona schools together. and WSU move along nothing to see here

There's nothing exciting about our upcoming season. Since we have second in the north wrapped up before we step on the field our only storyline is if we can somehow upset UW and play $C for the Pac 12 title.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, one is a WNBA bust and the other didn't even finish a quarter at UW. Not sure how any Husky fan can be pumped that Fultz went number 1 when he gave you your worst season in history.
WNBA bust? She's a rookie for fvks sake.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WNBA bust? She's a rookie for fvks sake.

A rookie and a bust. Look at her stats compared to other female rookies. She couldn't sniff Sue Bird and Brianna Stewart panty jocks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. UCLA is Jekll and Hyde . They could be a 9 win team and they can be a 6 win team
Jim, I am certain you are talking about the UCLA Conference record, and I agree they probably run the table in conference.

:thumb:

If they should loose a max 3 Conference games, it's probably @Stanford, @Washington & @ Utah. :rolleyes2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you have a list of teams that went undefeated year after year? LOL.
Let me know how many teams have the resume in an eight year period. Any team that does have something close or better is considered a dynasty for that period.
But other than all this they were just average right.lol

In July 2007, ESPN.com named USC its #1 team of the decade for the period between 1996 and 2006, primarily citing the Trojans' renaissance and dominance under Carroll.[49][50] In 2007, his effect on the college football landscape was named one of the biggest developments over the past decade in ESPN the Magazine.[51] In May 2008, Carroll was named the coach who did the most to define the first 10 years of the BCS Era.
I am good with most all of this, and don't deny even as a Bruins fan that USC was a Dynasty in that era. I would also say that Oregon under CK was a Dynasty too. (I put them on equal footing because both Dynasties ended up without a single legitimate title between them after it was all said and done)

The vacated NT game for SC does remind me of a trivia question I asked a budding casual CFB fan in 2005, after he went on and on about how great it was that USC was back to back National Champions. I asked him: "Name the only team to play in last two National Championships Games?" He answered: "Well it has to be USC". I remember telling him, 'Nope, the answer is Oklahoma'. He knew I was a big CFB fan, so he didn't challenge it, but I'll never forget the look on his face as he asked me in a bewildered amazement... "How can that be?"

:lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with most all of this, and don't deny even as a Bruins fan that USC was a Dynasty in that era. I would also say that Oregon under CK was a Dynasty too. (I put them on equal footing because both Dynasties ended up without a single legitimate title between them after it was all said and done)

The vacated NT game for SC does remind me of a trivia question I asked a budding casual CFB fan in 2005, after he went on and on about how great it was that USC was back to back National Champions. I asked him: "Name the only team to play in last two National Championships Games?" He answered: "Well it has to be USC". I remember telling him, 'Nope, the answer is Oklahoma'. He knew I was a big CFB fan, so he didn't challenge it, but I'll never forget the look on his face as he asked me in a bewildered amazement... "How can that be?"

:lol:

Here's the thing though. USC was "the team" for those years. Oregon was the team who almost got there . USC was the better team than Auburn in 2003 and clearly the best team when they beat Oklahoma. Reggie Bush didnt even score till it was already getting out of hand. Plenty of OK fans who were at that game said the USC teams was head and shoulders better. Yes he shouldn't have been playing but it's not like they knew this heck Lendale scored more touchdowns than Reggie and more and more people consider USC that years champ after finding out how shady the NCAAs investigation was. After McNair is done with the NCAA USC will be vindicated .