• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many traditionally top programs who have missed, or are continuing to miss with guys (for example), I just can't even comprehend this argument...
You mean Mike Price wasn't the perfect fit for Bama when they coaxed him away from WSU? :noidea:

:lol:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Mike Price wasn't the perfect fit for Bama when they coaxed him away from WSU? :noidea:

:lol:
It must be because they don't have that Nike money.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see Oregon has lost a close game @ Nebraska where they should have won.

Lost a close game to what appears to be a decent Colorado team where they should have won.

Lost to a Washington State team that looks like might be good after all.

Lost to #5 Washington.

Ducks could run the table if they learned from their mistakes, riding some serious momentum into next year where this young group will be more experienced and talented.

Not trying to throw a monkey wrench in your thinking but Oregon still plays USC @USC who just beat Colorado who spanked Oregon. Oh, and your team gave up like five hundred yards a game to these teams they "should have won". They need to start playing better before they think about running the table. USC was where Oregon was about three games into the season so I'm not saying you can't right the ship but so far it's been one bad performance after another and I don't know what you saw in the Washington game that gives you hope. The young QB maybe? It certainly wasn't the defense.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reaction on most the Stanford dedicated boards today:
khXWzQ7.jpg

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reaction on most the Stanford dedicated boards today:
khXWzQ7.jpg
You guys are gonna be fine. Having a down year this year isn't shocking.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's ready for basketball season?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the game film. Smiling form cheek to cheek today that the streak is dead.

Gonna be a long two weeks to wait for the Dawgs to play again as it bye time, but sitting at 6-0 and just did unnatural things to Nike U. in their house. Life doesn't suck right now.

Seahawks next Sunday will help get me by. Whoa nelly what a weekend to be a Dawg. WOOF!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC12 schools, besides USC recently, tend to be more patient with coaches and I think that's a strength of the culture of the conference, not a weakness.

To be fair, USC wanted to be patient with Kiffin and Sark, but one was an childish idiot and the other was drunk frat boy. lol

Hopefully, now that they have an adult as head coach, they'll be bit more patient.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they have all the facilities that Phil built, but that doesn't make it some self-sustaining powerhouse. If anything,

And now that the traditional powers have started upgrading their facilities, they don't even have that advantage anymore.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gonna be fine. Having a down year this year isn't shocking.
I do not doubt that, I have seen no less than 5 threads saying Shaw should be fired on those boards, because he is under performing. Do these fucking people remember when a bowl season was the goal?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC beat ASU down but I've also seen scenarios where that doesn't necessarily mean that winning team has a better season.

That's because you also have to take the schedule into consideration. USC has the #1 ranked schedule in the country. So, it's entirely possible that USC could end up with a worse record than ASU but still better team. That's part of the point of power rankings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he spreads the ball around like that it's going to cause headaches for other teams trying to cover the WRs.

That's my favorite thing about him as QB. He spreads the ball around rather than just targeting 1 guy all of the time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, USC wanted to be patient with Kiffin and Sark, but one was an childish idiot and the other was drunk frat boy. lol

Hopefully, now that they have an adult as head coach, they'll be bit more patient.

I just find the culture that certain schools have of scapegoating assistants to the point of being fired and even firing HCs a few games into the season is just disgusting. Too often fanbases these days vomit out, "yahh, we'll our expectations of success is higher than your schools obviously so ...." as some justification for it all. Maybe I'm getting soft in my 40s, but I just hate how coaches are getting fired in Sept or mid season these days in the college ranks.

I hope cooler heads prevail at Oregon and they don't fire Helfrich because it sets a bad precedent for that program. Yes, I don't like them and want them to lose as much as possible in horrific nightmare like fashion. :)
But, I don't like to see any PAC school promoting a culture like that. Yes, life is rough and good people get screwed over all the time in the real world. Something all the players and fans will face through their lives, but still, football has a certain culture to it. I don't like to see it crapped on by those just interested in a cheat to win and chasing dollar mentality.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they have yet to land one that puts them in Carroll territory and I doubt they have that yet in Helton.

Yeah, I don't know if Helton is the right hire, but he's better than Kiffin or Sark. This season has looked eerily similar to Carroll's first season. I'm not saying Helton is going to be Pete Carroll v2.0, but I like the direction he has them headed in.

What a lot of folks are forgetting is that he's trying to change the entire way the team plays. We have been a very pass heavy, finesse type of team left since Carroll and he's trying to change back to the physical, run first style that has always been the core of every successful USC team.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not doubt that, I have seen no less than 5 threads saying Shaw should be fired on those boards, because he is under performing. Do these fucking people remember when a bowl season was the goal?
Ridiculous. What Harbaugh started there, and Shaw has continued is nothing short of impressive. To suggest firing him because of one down year is insane.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now that the traditional powers have started upgrading their facilities, they don't even have that advantage anymore.

But they have those eggs. Nobodys gonna have those eggs.