• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please describe what he said to be considered a "man crush". Why is he a jackass?

I've already stated on these boards that Rodgers was one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year and a complete detriment to the Packers and is garbage when the refs start calling too many calls against him. I don't believe this GG guy would've ever stated something along those lines if he had such a man crush on Rodgers.
It's not about you.....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please describe what he said to be considered a "man crush". Why is he a jackass?

I've already stated on these boards that Rodgers was one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year and a complete detriment to the Packers and is garbage when the refs start calling too many calls against him. I don't believe this GG guy would've ever stated something along those lines if he had such a man crush on Rodgers.
He's better than Brady.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in SF so everyone on the radio here talks about how good they are and Super Bowl ready and all that, but barring the usual injury caveat the Eagles are much more likely, right?
On the field I think it'll come down to QB play, because Philly, SF and Dallas all have stellar defenses, good skill position players and quality Offensive lines - though Philly's line is about as good as it gets. If Hurts builds on last year, Philly has a great shot at another deep playoff run. However, what if Dak gets back to protecting the ball a la 2016? Now being in a WCO with more emphasis on having high-percentage passing plays favors a reduction in INTs. I think Dallas ends up playing a style of offense more like SF but with a much more experienced QB.
If I was ranking the NFC right now I'd go:
(1) Philadelphia
(2) Dallas
(3) SF.
(4) NYG
(5) Detroit
The rest beyond that are mediocre at best.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the field I think it'll come down to QB play, because Philly, SF and Dallas all have stellar defenses, good skill position players and quality Offensive lines - though Philly's line is about as good as it gets. If Hurts builds on last year, Philly has a great shot at another deep playoff run. However, what if Dak gets back to protecting the ball a la 2016? Now being in a WCO with more emphasis on having high-percentage passing plays favors a reduction in INTs. I think Dallas ends up playing a style of offense more like SF but with a much more experienced QB.
(1) Philadelphia
(2) Dallas
(3) SF.
(4) NYG
(5) Detroit
no... Seattle and the NFC Noth cannot be excluded with zero games played.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no... he's in deep under cover.
Another cowboy fan pointed this out to me and by golly....I think he's got it.
Is his being undercover related to Eagles no-win performance so far?
Was seeing him a lot before this last game.
If Philly does not win this week will he dissappear forever?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his being undercover related to Eagles no-win performance so far?
Was seeing him a lot before this last game.
If Philly does not win this week will he dissappear forever?
redskins1963 says no.

Read the posts....I'M convinced. The redskin fans are happy to have him aboard.

entertainment here remains free
:wash:

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no... Seattle and the NFC Noth cannot be excluded with zero games played.
You have any faith in the Geno Smith-led Seahawks? Kirk Cousin's (the guy that has struggled in big games his entire career. He actually IS what everyone made Romo out to be) Vikings?
They might get into the playoffs but they're chum for actual contenders.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Philadelphia
(2) Dallas
(3) SF.
(4) NYG
(5) Detroit
I am not sure Lions are a top 5 NFC team. All the improvements they made and the season comes down to the Lions believing Goff can be the same qb he was for the last 9 games, I don't see it. Would be cool if he could be though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Lions are a top 5 NFC team. All the improvements they made and the season comes down to the Lions believing Goff can be the same qb he was for the last 9 games, I don't see it. Would be cool if he could be though.
I'm pulling for the Lions & Bears.
I know it's time for the Packers and Vikings to move over. :hmm:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pulling for them for damn near 30 years. Probably why positive expectations have me feeling nervous more than just enjoying it.
Hey, I literally waited half a Century for the Chiefs to claim another ring. If I can do it, you can do it... :D

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have any faith in the Geno Smith-led Seahawks? Kirk Cousin's (the guy that has struggled in big games his entire career. He actually IS what everyone made Romo out to be) Vikings?
They might get into the playoffs but they're chum for actual contenders.
Not saying Seattle is in that upper echelon yet here but I think they have a solid roster and the Giants and Lions are being over hyped. And your last sentence could easily apply to them as well.
To me, the NFC is Philly, SF (if the QB situation pans out) and Dallas, then a group of about 5 teams on the rise but not quite there unless they get some luck, But injuries and bad luck could derail any team.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on Campbell as a HC, I like your OC and Lions have another strong year he'll be a HC candidate

They also have few people suspended for gambling

and 43 years of watching the lions, well Lion, will be hard for me to do anything but I'll believe it when I see it. Bucs won "the division" more recently than Det did and that was back when we were NFC Central.....

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on Campbell as a HC, I like your OC and Lions have another strong year he'll be a HC candidate

They also have few people suspended for gambling

and 43 years of watching the lions, well Lion, will be hard for me to do anything but I'll believe it when I see it. Bucs won "the division" more recently than Det did and that was back when we were NFC Central.....
I don't disagree for the most part. I like Campbell once he gave up play calling. He does a lot of things a head coach should very well, and he is real close with the GM, so they are on the same page making it easier for them to make moves. Holmes is also absolutely the right guy for the job. Once Ben Johnson becomes a head coach next year the Lions will be in some trouble if Campbell decides he wants to take over play calling. Unless he has been learning a lot from Johnson on it.

As good as Johnson was last year, he came out of nowhere and caught people off guard. I am curious to see if he can duplicate the magic now that people have some film on him. There are so many variables that point to some regression for the Lions that it is hard to ignore...especially when Lions have a history of it. I do think they are in play for a playoff game, but I don't think it is a done deal. I hope to be pleasantly surprised however.