• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in SF so everyone on the radio here talks about how good they are and Super Bowl ready and all that, but barring the usual injury caveat the Eagles are much more likely, right?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you listen to the San Francisco players and media, the Niners were better last year and will be better again this year if only they don't run out of quarterbacks, right? They won't stop saying that, to the point that I went from not caring about the Niners to wanting Philly to kick their teeth in for real next game.

The reason they ran out of quarterbacks is because they couldn't block Philly's defense, specifically Hason Redick, who murdered the backup TE they tried to block him with. He destroyed two of their quarterbacks single handedly. That was not bad luck, that was a bad coaching decision.

I think it's a new season, new story lines will emerge, and we have absolutely no idea who will be good in the NFC at this point in time. The Giants for example made some strides last season and lost in the opening rounds of the playoffs. Do they take another step, maybe a dramatic step, with Darren Waller at TE and rookie Jalin Hyatt at WR joining a healthy Saquon Barkley? We don't know, it's possible.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of variables could be at play once the season gets under foot. But for me at this point in time it's hard to pick against the Eagles, primarily due to their overall balance. They simply don't have a weakness in any one sector. The Niners are right up there too, followed by Dallas - and I wouldn't necessarily sleep on the Lions either.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC is a cakewalk compared to the AFC and the NFC is very top heavy. So yeah, right now the Eagles SHOULD be pretty heavy favorites to reach the Super Bowl.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are definitely the favorites in the NFC but nothing is a “stone cold lock” in the NFL, ever. You never know how the games will play out. You never know who might emerge and have a great year, or how injuries will factor in, or who has a down year and so on. The Eagles and Niners are clearly the top 2 teams in the NFC, and I would say the Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants and maybe the Lions are the next best teams.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big if, but what happens if the Pats by some miracle beat the Eagles in season opener? Will hell freeze over?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady, Jim Kelly and John Elway are the only QBs in the last 50 years to get back to the Super Bowl the year after losing.

Dan Reeves, Marv Levy and Bill being the only HCs.

That’s some good company to shoot for. Doubt they pull it off.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggles Defense gets crushed by good offenses. They rely on the legs of a backup college QB because their two RB's now are injury prone. I just don't see it. They made the SB because they beat a rookie QB. COME ON MAN!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s rare for a Super Bowl loser to return to the big dance. That being said, they have a hell of a roster.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eagles have to be the clear favorite, but if any team was going to challenge them, 49ers seem like the best bet.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think on paper before the season starts. The Niners are the favorites. (barring injuries)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think on paper before the season starts. The Niners are the favorites. (barring injuries)
I think the top tier is Eagles Cowboys and Niners. I would put the Niners below the Eagles and Cowboys though. All 3 teams seem to have complete rosters with very few holes. They even have depth that should allow them to overcome a level of injuries (to an extent). The separation from the Eagles/Cowboys though from the Niners is the QB position.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Eagles as 1a and Niners as 1b...

Everyone else at least one clear step behind.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in SF so everyone on the radio here talks about how good they are and Super Bowl ready and all that, but barring the usual injury caveat the Eagles are much more likely, right?
Outside of QB the 9rrs have a pretty damn good team. Certainly gives them a decent shot at a deep playoff run. Get a QB(Whether it's Brock Purdy or not) that doesn't make mistakes and it'll help in a major way...

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you listen to the San Francisco players and media, the Niners were better last year and will be better again this year if only they don't run out of quarterbacks, right? They won't stop saying that, to the point that I went from not caring about the Niners to wanting Philly to kick their teeth in for real next game.

The reason they ran out of quarterbacks is because they couldn't block Philly's defense, specifically Hason Redick, who murdered the backup TE they tried to block him with. He destroyed two of their quarterbacks single handedly. That was not bad luck, that was a bad coaching decision.

I think it's a new season, new story lines will emerge, and we have absolutely no idea who will be good in the NFC at this point in time. The Giants for example made some strides last season and lost in the opening rounds of the playoffs. Do they take another step, maybe a dramatic step, with Darren Waller at TE and rookie Jalin Hyatt at WR joining a healthy Saquon Barkley? We don't know, it's possible.
This is too damn logical of a take for a philly fan.