• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The 2023 manager

Who will be the white sox 2023 manager?

• Ozzie

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sandy Alomar

• Bruce Boche

• Chris Getz

• Joe Maddon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada, Robert and Jimenez didn't take the leadership by example offered by Pito - so now we will see if a nice guy Cuban manager and the Dominican Charlie Montoyo (also accused of being too nice when the blue Jays fired him) bench coach can light a fire under them.

It looks like the Sox will get new base coaches and a hitting instructor. Which also means new coaching for outfield defense - infield defense and base running.
I'm afeared all the coaching in the world will not make our boyz better defensively, at least not in the OF. Eloy/Vaughn/Sheets, assuming all three are with us next season, need to play as little outfield as possible. From what I've gathered, Vaughn is supposed to be pretty good with the glove at 1b, and we know that's also Sheets' position as well. This is why I said despite Pito playing elsewhere in '23, we're still top heavy in 1B/DH quality personnel....and don't forget Grandal while we're at it. Something's gotta give this offseason.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afeared all the coaching in the world will not make our boyz better defensively, at least not in the OF. Eloy/Vaughn/Sheets, assuming all three are with us next season, need to play as little outfield as possible. From what I've gathered, Vaughn is supposed to be pretty good with the glove at 1b, and we know that's also Sheets' position as well. This is why I said despite Pito playing elsewhere in '23, we're still top heavy in 1B/DH quality personnel....and don't forget Grandal while we're at it. Something's gotta give this offseason.
I expect some changes are in order in the outfield.

From my own view - Sheets has no range and for that reason shouldn't be in the outfield, but he has a decent arm for it - defends the balls he can get to and always shows good awareness of the game situation. He is not the liability in the outfield that Eloy and Vaughn are. Sheets has LH power which is a shortage on the Sox and I believe has hitting upside. That said - Sheets will be traded if the Sox find LH power replacement in FA or by trade.

Adam Engel will likely not be tendered.
AJ Pollock has a player option to play for $13 million or a $5 million buyout. I don't think he gets $8 million somewhere else so he will stay with the Sox at overprice. AJ is terrific 4th outfielder, but expensive.
Oscar Colas will not likely be ready out of ST.

Eloy should be a DH - Vaughn should anchor 1st base.

The Sox need two outfielders - or one if Sheets stays in RF and the Sox bet on his hitting upside.

Free agents available are Jackie Bradley or Joey Gallo.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the line that Grifol was the consensus pick of Hahn, Rhiensdorf and Kenny - they could have said unanimous - LOL

I actually like the hire in many ways, but consensus basically means when Rhiensdorf decided to go with Grifol anyone who was for someone else decided to agree with him.