• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Title Game: The University of Michigan vs. the University of Washington (NOT the Game Thread)

Who do you predict will win the National Title Game on Monday?

• Doesn't matter...Florida State was robbed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad (extra mustard)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to take this game? What do you predict the score will be?

6 days to talk about it before it is determined on the field.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both these teams but I don't see UW hanging with Michigan for very long. In the end I think turnovers will doom the huskies

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both these teams but I don't see UW hanging with Michigan for very long. In the end I think turnovers will doom the huskies

I'd love to feel confident, but I've literally been predicting the demise of Washington for most the season. They just keep winning. Michigan has traditionally struggled with QB's like Penix. The one thing that makes me feel a bit more confident is that I think Michigan's offense will have a much easier time moving the ball than they have had the past 2 games.

I'm just glad to be in the championship game, although I will be depressed if they get this far and crap the bed. I think Michigan will control most the game, but I'm sad to say I'm not confident in that prediction. Anyhow, I think Michigan wins. (although maybe I should say I hope Michigan wins)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "I don't see UW hanging in there" has been said 7 or so times this year. Most thought Texas would walk all over them as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great there will be an undefeated champion

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "I don't see UW hanging in there" has been said 7 or so times this year. Most thought Texas would walk all over them as well.
I thought the UW Texas game would be close with UW winning, and I had UW favored in every game this year. I watch a lot of huskie football and don't discount that team at all. They haven't played a team like michigan and that style of play is going to cause problems that UW can't solve.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an exciting game. Most think Michigan is too physical for UW but the Huskies can score and keep up. If the game becomes a high scoring game , the playing field gets leveled . You can't be that physical if you’re chasing points because the running game isn't as much as a factor, and I don't have as much confidence in McCarthy as I do Penix in slinging the ball.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not get to watch a lot of college football.. networks here had both semi-finals and watched both. Two very good games and congrats to Michigan and Washington fans.

Michigan d-line and Washington QB throwing downfield stood out in both games for me.

Hopefully have a good final.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna see somebody different, that's a good thing for interest.
Would'nt mind seeing either hoist the hardware.
If I had to pick, I pick Michigan 42-24

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to feel confident, but I've literally been predicting the demise of Washington for most the season. They just keep winning. Michigan has traditionally struggled with QB's like Penix. The one thing that makes me feel a bit more confident is that I think Michigan's offense will have a much easier time moving the ball than they have had the past 2 games.

I'm just glad to be in the championship game, although I will be depressed if they get this far and crap the bed. I think Michigan will control most the game, but I'm sad to say I'm not confident in that prediction. Anyhow, I think Michigan wins. (although maybe I should say I hope Michigan wins)
I picked Oregon in both games against Washington. So what do I know.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learned a pretty kick ass stat today.

Supposedly, Washington is the first team in college football history to win 10 games in a row by 10 points or less. That is a pretty amazing feat, (even if they aren't the only team to have ever accomplished said feat).

Still hard to fathom how they were 10 point underdogs in the Pac12 Championship game, and will now be underdogs for the 4th time in their last 5 games.

Big Energy Penix may have played his best game to date against Texas throwing for 430 yards with 2 TDs, a 76% completion rate, and more importantly 0 interceptions.

I think Michigan matches up extremely well against UW, but these Huskies simply fight and find ways to win. Hard team to bet against. Thinking they find another way to pull it out against Michigan even though everything tells me Michigan should win rather easily running the ball and roughing up a supposedly 'softer' Husky team.

Another fantastic year of college football, capped with two amazing semi-final games.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna see somebody different, that's a good thing for interest.
Would'nt mind seeing either hoist the hardware.
If I had to pick, I pick Michigan 42-24
Michigan is not going to win a shootout. They will need to rely on defense. They need to slow the game down and keep the Washington offense off the field. They will try to play hall control offense and eat time.

College football isn’t like the NFL. A college team can win by having a great offense, but a defense which makes occasional stops or big plays.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both TX and AL are out so I know I have won already.:heh:

I think WA needs a big early lead or they will get beat in the end.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learned a pretty kick ass stat today.

Supposedly, Washington is the first team in college football history to win 10 games in a row by 10 points or less. That is a pretty amazing feat, (even if they aren't the only team to have ever accomplished said feat).

Still hard to fathom how they were 10 point underdogs in the Pac12 Championship game, and will now be underdogs for the 4th time in their last 5 games.

Big Energy Penix may have played his best game to date against Texas throwing for 430 yards with 2 TDs, a 76% completion rate, and more importantly 0 interceptions.

I think Michigan matches up extremely well against UW, but these Huskies simply fight and find ways to win. Hard team to bet against. Thinking they find another way to pull it out against Michigan even though everything tells me Michigan should win rather easily running the ball and roughing up a supposedly 'softer' Husky team.

Another fantastic year of college football, capped with two amazing semi-final games.
If Washington wins, it will be the way they always win. Great offense with a defense that makes a big play in a critical moment.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington wins, it will be the way they always win. Great offense with a defense that makes a big play in a critical moment.

I've found Washington to be a very fun team to root for and follow this season.

They have a lot of obvious flaws, but they compete and play their asses off. A lot to admire about this teams willingness to keep playing hard.

Tongue firmly in cheek, there is a lot of fight in these dawgs.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take Washington in a close one - may just be hope, but I think Penix is on fire right now and the Huskies offense will outscore Michigan - I’m not that impressed by Michigan’s offense.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take Washington in a close one - may just be hope, but I think Penix is on fire right now and the Huskies offense will outscore Michigan - I’m not that impressed by Michigan’s offense.
I was getting worried about Michigan's offense over the past two big games (Ohio and Bama), but then I looked up those team's defense rankings. No wonder Michigan struggled against them at times offensively. Both are ranked in the top 20 teams. Washington is the 94th ranked defense.

So basically, it looks like Washington will have to win in a shootout against the top ranked defense in the nation. I've discounted them all season, so maybe I'm doing it again, but I do like Michigan's odds here.