• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stocks Up - Stocks Down

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler stock down? he's running as WR3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler stock down? he's running as WR3

The Broncos drafted two WRs - that means in my mind - WR#3 was not considered a valuable piece - stock down.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos drafted two WRs - that means in my mind - WR#3 was not considered a valuable piece - stock down.

Not really you would not draft for 3rd WR's .You draft for #1s only sorry mingo but it is called greed

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really you would not draft for 3rd WR's .You draft for #1s only sorry mingo but it is called greed

I think Carlos Henderson was drafted with the thought that he could be that #3 right now then eventually take over as one of the top-2 guys. He played outside for LA Tech so has that ability but no way is he beating out Sanders or DT right now. Both of those guys though are 30 if I remember right so good chance DT and Sanders are on their last contract with the Broncos. Have to start drafting guys to take over in the next couple of years.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well god I hope not . I want bad MF'ers every time we draft. I want special . Every time . I guess I am really greedy .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unless that guy retires from a river fire like the Cleveland Browns.
Actually have heard a few say Brown's line is right up there with Dallas and Oakland talent wise.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carlos Henderson was drafted with the thought that he could be that #3 right now then eventually take over as one of the top-2 guys. He played outside for LA Tech so has that ability but no way is he beating out Sanders or DT right now. Both of those guys though are 30 if I remember right so good chance DT and Sanders are on their last contract with the Broncos. Have to start drafting guys to take over in the next couple of years.
Mostly that's true when you draft a wr 1-2 second rd but in Henderson case I believe they thought of him to challenge Fowler for wr 3 role but also bring some much needed spark in return game. Odds are I'm dead wrong though. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point is a Math problem - Carlos Henderson hasn't awakened yet, but the Broncos figure to keep a 3rd rounder. The 6th rounder McKenzie is drawing daily praise. That's two likely WR spots. The Broncos are keeping Janovich at FB - and have 4 TEs of value. Sunshine might have more red zone value considering his height. You start adding up the numbers and pretty soon you see - like Bennie Flower sees - his stock is down. What is it the Broncos are saying the want to add? Sizzle? Does Bennie Fowler have Sizzle? I conclude his stock is down, but yes - he is playing like he is going to give it his best shot to stick.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is a Math problem - Carlos Henderson hasn't awakened yet, but the Broncos figure to keep a 3rd rounder. The 6th rounder McKenzie is drawing daily praise. That's two likely WR spots. The Broncos are keeping Janovich at FB - and have 4 TEs of value. Sunshine might have more red zone value considering his height. You start adding up the numbers and pretty soon you see - like Bennie Flower sees - his stock is down. What is it the Broncos are saying the want to add? Sizzle? Does Bennie Fowler have Sizzle? I conclude his stock is down, but yes - he is playing like he is going to give it his best shot to stick.
I believe this post is in some quarters known as chicken stock. :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly that's true when you draft a wr 1-2 second rd but in Henderson case I believe they thought of him to challenge Fowler for wr 3 role but also bring some much needed spark in return game. Odds are I'm dead wrong though. :)

You are spot on sir! Exactly my thoughts on why they drafted him. Push early for that 3rd WR (although I think Fowler wins it to start the season) and help out in the return game but the end goal is seeing him take over as one of the top-2 guys eventually.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking they only keep 3 TE's this year. McCoy has done that in the past. 2015 they had times with only 3 TE's on the roster. Start with 3 with Butt on the PUP then go from there depending on injuries as the season progresses.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot what flowers is also ...........Clutch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No SB50 with out mister first down clutch . Stud !

He turns down hill as fast as Rod Smith . I believe in him as much as Sanders

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Flowers a chance at punt returns . Due to the fact he reminds me so much of Rod Smith

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler is not a punt returner. He has never done it at any level.

Rod Smith did it throughout his college career and came into Denver undrafted returning punts. You don't put Fowler back there with ZERO experience in college. He doesn't have great moves or speed. You keep him at WR and only WR and some special teams as he is ok at special teams. Probably won't be doing that though if he is our 3rd WR to start the season.

Fowler looks good in camp every year and then doesn't really do much in the regular season. Seems to be common of WR's we have had through the years. Let's hope he put it together this year and catches 40 passes. He has good talent. Was always overshadowed in college by a great Michigan State WR core. He came into camp this year with a chance to win the #3 job or a chance to flop and not even make the roster. So far he has gone in the right direction. Hope to see him keep that up. We've seen flashes but not consistency. He's gotta have the minset that he hasn't locked anything up yet because he hasn't... Go out there every day and compete like you have to prove yourself every day because if he does that, he might just get over that hump and become better then average and get to that next stage of his career. But he has no business as a PR all due respect, Crash.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler is not a punt returner. He has never done it at any level.

Rod Smith did it throughout his college career and came into Denver undrafted returning punts. You don't put Fowler back there with ZERO experience in college. He doesn't have great moves or speed. You keep him at WR and only WR and some special teams as he is ok at special teams. Probably won't be doing that though if he is our 3rd WR to start the season.

Fowler looks good in camp every year and then doesn't really do much in the regular season. Seems to be common of WR's we have had through the years. Let's hope he put it together this year and catches 40 passes. He has good talent. Was always overshadowed in college by a great Michigan State WR core. He came into camp this year with a chance to win the #3 job or a chance to flop and not even make the roster. So far he has gone in the right direction. Hope to see him keep that up. We've seen flashes but not consistency. He's gotta have the minset that he hasn't locked anything up yet because he hasn't... Go out there every day and compete like you have to prove yourself every day because if he does that, he might just get over that hump and become better then average and get to that next stage of his career. But he has no business as a PR all due respect, Crash.

You told me that before and I was right !

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you were incorrect Crash. He returned some kicks his FR year of college and was replaced. He returned a blocked punt for TD in college, but never a punt return.

We all wish things. I wish we had drafted Ed Reed, but just saying... It aint gonna happen. I respect your wishes, but just trying to explain to you that he is not a punt returner at the NFL level.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you were incorrect Crash. He returned some kicks his FR year of college and was replaced. He returned a blocked punt for TD in college, but never a punt return.

We all wish things. I wish we had drafted Ed Reed, but just saying... It aint gonna happen. I respect your wishes, but just trying to explain to you that he is not a punt returner at the NFL level.
I told you the same thing about your buddy Boldin and he was great you told me strange I thought about him as a punt returner he had never done it he was damn good at it once you told him he ought to try it .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they only keep 3 TE's this year. McCoy has done that in the past. 2015 they had times with only 3 TE's on the roster. Start with 3 with Butt on the PUP then go from there depending on injuries as the season progresses.

Yes - this means - either Darby, Heuerman or Green gets the axe when Butt is available to play. This is not a case where the odd man out - goes to the PS. I think all 3 of those guys have more value to the team than Fowler.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you the same thing about your buddy Boldin and he was great you told me strange I thought about him as a punt returner he had never done it he was damn good at it once you told him he ought to try it .

I don't recall debating Bolden as a KR/PR. He returned kicks his SR year at Arizona State, so I wouldn't have claimed that he never returned kicks before.

I would have never thought he would be an NFL return man off the top of my head, but I wouldn't have been too shocked since he was a KR his SR year. His JR year he was also doing it before getting hurt. I believe he even returned one for a TD his JR or SR year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - this means - either Darby, Heuerman or Green gets the axe when Butt is available to play. This is not a case where the odd man out - goes to the PS. I think all 3 of those guys have more value to the team than Fowler.

I want to guess that Heuerman now makes the roster unless we find another TE off waivers, and then if he doesn't show life when Butt is available he could be a mid season cut..

I am basing this off not seeing him this year yet... But if it gets to the midway season and he is still on the roster and he isn't doing much of anything and Butt is ready, the fat lady might be warming up her vocal cords on him.

I also won't be shocked if we find another TE after camp is over.

Banridge is still out there, but the Ravens make the most sense for him right now.