• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BELL IS AN ASSHOLE!!!!!

Fuck the selfish prick.
The deal the Steelers drew up for him was 3 years at 42 mil.
His agent agreed to it with the Steelers, and his self centered ass said no.
He has no team loyalty, he is all about himself.
He even said in his stupid crap song, "they gonna pay 15 a year and they know it"

Fuck this pot smoking pre-Madonna......
He walks, talks, and acts like that Fuckin queer Sanders.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BELL IS AN ASSHOLE!!!!!

Fuck the selfish prick.
He even said in his stupid crap song, "they gonna pay 15 a year and they know it"

Yeah, but we need the guy for our offense to be good. No way the other RBs on our team rush for over 1,000 yards or catch more than 60 passes. No running game means we need to rely on our passing game and that's not 100% reliable either.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BELL IS AN ASSHOLE!!!!!

Fuck the selfish prick.

Bell needs to go look up how Franco Harris's time in the Burgh ended. And Harris was a HOF RB. Being a dick over $1 mil a year won't make the Steelers budge one bit. In fact probably the opposite. We've seen it many times. $14 a season not good enough for ya then how about $13, still no. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we need the guy for our offense to be good. No way the other RBs on our team rush for over 1,000 yards or catch more than 60 passes. No running game means we need to rely on our passing game and that's not 100% reliable either.
Need, nope. It's Ben we need. Without Ben this offense sucks. We've won games including playoff games without Bell.

I think Connor would get a 1000 yards with this offense. He had almost a 100 in a preseason game with the 3rd and 4th string QBs. If you watched Connor's career at Pitt you'd know that he kinda sneaks up on you. He just keeps coming and before you know it he's over a 100 yards for the game. Although he dropped a few passes on Sunday, he's also an excellent pass catcher out of the backfield.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell needs to go look up how Franco Harris's time in the Burgh ended. And Harris was a HOF RB. Being a dick over $1 mil a year won't make the Steelers budge one bit. In fact probably the opposite. We've seen it many times. $14 a season not good enough for ya then how about $13, still no. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

This is the ultimate way I look at it. If we don't pay Bell, another team will and we will be stuck with Conner, who we don't know how he will be yet, Knile Davis and Fitzgerald Toussaint. We will HAVE to either draft a rookie RB and trust Conner or look at the free agent market for one and here are the RBs who will be FAs next year. Frank Gore and Isaiah Crowell. Guess who else is a free agent next year? LE'VEON BELL. I mean, put your feelings aside of what he's doing and look at our running game WITHOUT him. Not good. Ben retires next year and we DON'T sign Bell, we're fucked.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need, nope. It's Ben we need. Without Ben this offense sucks. We've won games including playoff games without Bell.

I think Connor would get a 1000 yards with this offense. He had almost a 100 in a preseason game with the 3rd and 4th string QBs. If you watched Connor's career at Pitt you'd know that he kinda sneaks up on you. He just keeps coming and before you know it he's over a 100 yards for the game. Although he dropped a few passes on Sunday, he's also an excellent pass catcher out of the backfield.

I don't have that confidence in Conner right now to base the future of the running game on him yet. I'd rather have Bell and I know it's a shit thing he's doing to the organization and to us fans but at the end of the day, it's a business. Almost has 100 yards, that's great. But that wasn't against starting defenses. IDK. I'd rather have Bell than not have him at this point in the preseason. Conner might change my mind as the season progresses but as of right now, I feel like we need Ben, Bell, Brown and the defense to stay put.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the ultimate way I look at it. If we don't pay Bell, another team will and we will be stuck with Conner, who we don't know how he will be yet, Knile Davis and Fitzgerald Toussaint. We will HAVE to either draft a rookie RB and trust Conner or look at the free agent market for one and here are the RBs who will be FAs next year. Frank Gore and Isaiah Crowell. Guess who else is a free agent next year? LE'VEON BELL. I mean, put your feelings aside of what he's doing and look at our running game WITHOUT him. Not good. Ben retires next year and we DON'T sign Bell, we're fucked.
So you're saying you don't want another Dwyer & Redman combo for a few years????

yea me neither

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BELL IS AN ASSHOLE!!!!!

Fuck the selfish prick.

Wasn't the notion of Bell nixing the deal dismissed? His agent already stated publicly that no deal was ever in place. I have a feeling some of this misinformation is being media driven.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Bell proves he can stay healthy and unsuspended for 16 games, he's not worth what he wants and maybe not even then. If Ben retires we're fucked anyway until we find the next franchise QB. Just look at AP in Minnie as proof. Bell won't be doing much either with 8 or 9 guys stacked in the box all the time. The Steelers don't overpay for vets ever!!! Unless reality strikes Bell he'll be gone sooner or later.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have that confidence in Conner right now to base the future of the running game on him yet. I'd rather have Bell and I know it's a shit thing he's doing to the organization and to us fans but at the end of the day, it's a business. Almost has 100 yards, that's great. But that wasn't against starting defenses. IDK. I'd rather have Bell than not have him at this point in the preseason. Conner might change my mind as the season progresses but as of right now, I feel like we need Ben, Bell, Brown and the defense to stay put.
It also wasn't with the starting offensive line either. Although, McGee is a very good blocker! I'd rather have bell but not if he's gonna be a me first jackass!!!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Bell proves he can stay healthy and unsuspended for 16 games, he's not worth what he wants and maybe not even then. If Ben retires we're fucked anyway until we find the next franchise QB. Just look at AP in Minnie as proof. Bell won't be doing much either with 8 or 9 guys stacked in the box all the time. The Steelers don't overpay for vets ever!!! Unless reality strikes Bell he'll be gone sooner or later.

Just look at the production of an unhealthy or unsuspended Bell. That's is still top 3, top 5 production amongst all NFL running backs. We can all agree that he's being selfish. He's been greedy. But I think we would all be crazy to think that the guy doesn't DESERVE a raise. Maybe not as much as he's asking for, but the guy does deserve to get paid more than what he is getting paid. And with him being a free agent next year, he is going to test the waters and he's gonna get what hes looking for from a team that is in need of a severe improvement to their running game.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you don't want another Dwyer & Redman combo for a few years????

yea me neither
Connor is no Dwyer or Redman. You didn't see him pulling himself out of that preseason game after every carry, did ya? I will admit I'm a huge Connor fan but how can you not be after what he overcame to rush for over a thousand yards last year and with a so-so QB too!!! Don't forget Connor was ACC Offensive Player of the year before the injury and illness with another so-so QB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/discussion

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor is no Dwyer or Redman. You didn't see him pulling himself out of that preseason game after every carry, did ya? I will admit I'm a huge Connor fan but how can you not be after what he overcame to rush for over a thousand yards last year and with a so-so QB too!!! Don't forget Connor was ACC Offensive Player of the year before the injury and illness with another so-so QB.
I hear ya man! I'm definitely a big fan of Conner. He'll be a great asset for years to come. I have a feeling all the people crying about keeping Bell will be huge Conner fans in a few years... The proof is in the pudding right? With all that money invested in the O-line they should be set for at least 2-3 more years. Foster is my only concern with his age, but Finney is waiting in the wings and could overtake him as early as next year.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the production of an unhealthy or unsuspended Bell. That's is still top 3, top 5 production amongst all NFL running backs. We can all agree that he's being selfish. He's been greedy. But I think we would all be crazy to think that the guy doesn't DESERVE a raise. Maybe not as much as he's asking for, but the guy does deserve to get paid more than what he is getting paid. And with him being a free agent next year, he is going to test the waters and he's gonna get what hes looking for from a team that is in need of a severe improvement to their running game.
He was already offered a big raise and turned it down. A similar thing happened with Mike Wallace several years ago. He was offered a big raise and said no cause he thought he was worth a lot more. The Steelers paid AB instead and the rest is history. Not saying the exact same thing will happen with Connor or another RB but I trust the FO. If Bell wants more than they are willing to pay, history has shown they'll be more than willing to let him walk. I expect they'll at least put some kind of tender on Bell so we get draft picks if/when he leaves and the teams that need a RB bad and have that much cap room suck.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, don't anybody get me wrong! I hope Bell wises up and we have him and Connor as a 1-2 punch for 4 or 5 years but right now it just doesn't look like Bell will wise up but again I hope he proves me wrong!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its never been a question of if he deserves a raise. That much is very clear.