• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This crossed my mind earlier but I didn't want to bring it up yet but since you did....
The article is very good and echoes my thoughts on the matter. Coming in the week of game 1 means Bell gets just 1 week of practice to get his timing back and the team's with him. Could it happen, maybe but I liken this situation to the return of a pro-wrestler who's been out injured. Sure you can rehab and train but there is no substitute for ring shape. Same here, Bell can be in shape but will he be in game shape by the start of game 1. He could have avoided this by coming in before preseason game 3 or 4. He would have played the same amount as the rest of the 1st teamers but gotten in 2 to 3 weeks of practice. It will be interesting to see what Tomlin does.

Plus, I wonder how this affects the roster. Final cuts are on Saturday but he's not showing up til Monday. Does that mean somebody makes the team for 3 days before getting cut or will the Steelers just carry 52 until Monday???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This crossed my mind earlier but I didn't want to bring it up yet but since you did....
The article is very good and echoes my thoughts on the matter. Coming in the week of game 1 means Bell gets just 1 week of practice to get his timing back and the team's with him. Could it happen, maybe but I liken this situation to the return of a pro-wrestler who's been out injured. Sure you can rehab and train but there is no substitute for ring shape. Same here, Bell can be in shape but will he be in game shape by the start of game 1. He could have avoided this by coming in before preseason game 3 or 4. He would have played the same amount as the rest of the 1st teamers but gotten in 2 to 3 weeks of practice. It will be interesting to see what Tomlin does.

Plus, I wonder how this affects the roster. Final cuts are on Saturday but he's not showing up til Monday. Does that mean somebody makes the team for 3 days before getting cut or will the Steelers just carry 52 until Monday???
Well supposedly Tomlin has been in close communication with Bell throughout all of this. So he has probably known of this return date longer than Bell's recent announcement on Twitter. He likely already has a plan, or should know exactly how to proceed. My guess we'll see around 15 carries week 1. Lets not forget that week 1 is the damn Browns. It's not like they're needing to fire off a playoff-caliber performance that game. I'm hoping that it will be a buffer game of sorts for all involved. Hell I'd let Ben call the shots in the huddle. Let him gauge Bell's conditioning on the fly, all the while knocking the dust off of the aerial attack we saw in 2015.

But if they lose to the Browns in week 1.....................hell hath no fury :mad2:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we need the guy for our offense to be good. No way the other RBs on our team rush for over 1,000 yards or catch more than 60 passes. No running game means we need to rely on our passing game and that's not 100% reliable either.

When the fuck did this TEAM become the Pittsburgh Bells????

They have prepped without him, they can do without him.
He is not the team!!!!!!!!!!!
He has not brought us a Super Bowl.

The greedy asshole wants to think they can't win without him.....funny how did we get 6???
I don't remember him being on any of those teams.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The greedy asshole wants to think they can't win without him.....funny how did we get 6???
I don't remember him being on any of those teams.

Dude...calm down. If your argument is that he hasn't brought us a Super Bowl, then we can get rid of Antonio Brown while we're at it right?

I'm not confident in our running game without Le'Veon Bell and IDK how anyone can be honestly. Same thing with our QB situation after Ben retires. Not confident at all right now.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...calm down. If your argument is that he hasn't brought us a Super Bowl, then we can get rid of Antonio Brown while we're at it right?

I'm not confident in our running game without Le'Veon Bell and IDK how anyone can be honestly. Same thing with our QB situation after Ben retires. Not confident at all right now.

I don't remember AB putting his own selfish Shit above the team....
I don't remember AB being suspended twice because of his drug abuse......
I don't remember AB going out three times because of injuries in four seasons.....

Next question.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember AB putting his own selfish Shit above the team....
I don't remember AB being suspended twice because of his drug abuse......
I don't remember AB going out three times because of injuries in four seasons.....

Next question.....

But he hasn't brought us a Super Bowl. So by your previous statement, if we are okay without Bell because he didn't bring us a Super Bowl, then we are okay without AB too. To say we are okay without Bell is a ridiculous statement. If we still had DeAngelo, yeah we'd be completely fine. But we don't anymore. We have an unproven rookie and 2 wannabe NFL RBs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he hasn't brought us a Super Bowl. So by your previous statement, if we are okay without Bell because he didn't bring us a Super Bowl, then we are okay without AB too. To say we are okay without Bell is a ridiculous statement. If we still had DeAngelo, yeah we'd be completely fine. But we don't anymore. We have an unproven rookie and 2 wannabe NFL RBs.

But has AB put himself before the team?????

The whole reason we are having this conversion is because bell does not give Shit one about the team.
Is Brown the one causing all this drama???? No, it's bell.

And running backs, really?????
Let me toss a few no name running back names at you that were nobodies outside of Pittsburgh....
Willie Parker....Bam Morris....Barry foster.....Frank Pollard....
Conner will be fine, with the passing game running wild, the defences will have to respect and it will create excellent opportunities for any running back.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But has AB put himself before the team?????

The whole reason we are having this conversion is because bell does not give Shit one about the team.
Is Brown the one causing all this drama???? No, it's bell.

And running backs, really?????
Let me toss a few no name running back names at you that were nobodies outside of Pittsburgh....
Willie Parker....Bam Morris....Barry foster.....Frank Pollard....
Conner will be fine, with the passing game running wild, the defences will have to respect and it will create excellent opportunities for any running back.

Your initial statement said nothing about Bell putting himself in front of the team. You only stated that he didn't bring us a Super Bowl so we are okay without him. And great, you named nobody running backs who didn't bring us Super Bowls either and were nobodies even after Pittsburgh so I'm not understanding the issue here. I think you are taking what Bell is doing personally and that's clouding your argument and thoughts.

We can all agree that what Le'Veon Bell is doing is shitty and causing a TINY rift within the team. But, at the end of the day, we have to understand the guy is still on his rookie contract and he DESERVES a raise. Yeah, hes a drug head. He gets injured. But look at his stats. We were okay the last 2 years because we have a very very good backup in DeAngelo Williams. I'm sorry, but James Conner is NOT DeAngelo Williams right now. James Conner just came back from an injury of his own and he's played 1 preseason game. I'm not gonna throw the guy in the starting job because of 1 preseason game. As this moment in time, I would rather have Le'Veon Bell and have Conner learn from Bell rather than throw Conner to the wolves. He's selfish, he's a pothead, he's injury prone. But he's still been one of the top 3 running backs in the league in 2 of the last 3 years. He averaged over 100 rushing yards in the playoffs. He is a very very good player who deserves to be making more than what he is right now. Should he be holding out and not participating with the team? I don't think so. But, that could be a godsend when looking at all of the injuries to starters like Odell Beckham, Ryan Tannehill, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton. We will more than likely have ALL of the pieces of our puzzle healthy and ready to go Week 1 and we are one of a few teams that can be able to say that. Who knows if Bell was out there if he wouldn't have gotten injured again and we'd be without him for half the season.

He's selfish, we get it. He's doing a shitty thing, we get it. But he will be with the team on 9/1 and we should welcome him with open arms because once he starts scoring TDs and putting up those yards, I know the hard feelings of this holdout with slowly disappear.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your initial statement said nothing about Bell putting himself in front of the team. You only stated that he didn't bring us a Super Bowl so we are okay without him. And great, you named nobody running backs who didn't bring us Super Bowls either and were nobodies even after Pittsburgh so I'm not understanding the issue here. I think you are taking what Bell is doing personally and that's clouding your argument and thoughts.

We can all agree that what Le'Veon Bell is doing is shitty and causing a TINY rift within the team. But, at the end of the day, we have to understand the guy is still on his rookie contract and he DESERVES a raise. Yeah, hes a drug head. He gets injured. But look at his stats. We were okay the last 2 years because we have a very very good backup in DeAngelo Williams. I'm sorry, but James Conner is NOT DeAngelo Williams right now. James Conner just came back from an injury of his own and he's played 1 preseason game. I'm not gonna throw the guy in the starting job because of 1 preseason game. As this moment in time, I would rather have Le'Veon Bell and have Conner learn from Bell rather than throw Conner to the wolves. He's selfish, he's a pothead, he's injury prone. But he's still been one of the top 3 running backs in the league in 2 of the last 3 years. He averaged over 100 rushing yards in the playoffs. He is a very very good player who deserves to be making more than what he is right now. Should he be holding out and not participating with the team? I don't think so. But, that could be a godsend when looking at all of the injuries to starters like Odell Beckham, Ryan Tannehill, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton. We will more than likely have ALL of the pieces of our puzzle healthy and ready to go Week 1 and we are one of a few teams that can be able to say that. Who knows if Bell was out there if he wouldn't have gotten injured again and we'd be without him for half the season.

He's selfish, we get it. He's doing a shitty thing, we get it. But he will be with the team on 9/1 and we should welcome him with open arms because once he starts scoring TDs and putting up those yards, I know the hard feelings of this holdout with slowly disappear.

DNR.......

If you'd have been in the whole conversation about butt fuck bell, I've have said he is being selfish and a bitch.

Lemme just put this in perspective, bell needs Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh does not need him.
The TEAM has been around since 33, has bell been there since then, no.
You brought Brown into the conversation to defect from the fact bell is a bitch. Is he a good player, yes. But it doesn't take from the fact he's still holding out like a bitch. I posted an article from Merrill Hoge starting Rid Woodson did the same thing and when he came back one day before game day, it took him half a season to get his Shit together. So, as Hoge said if a all pro like Woodson can't do it, neither can this putz.

So before you accuse me of going off topic, look at your responses.....
You brought Brown up, not me. No Brown has not brought us a Super bowl, but he isn't the one holding out like a cvnt. Bell to good to work out with his team????? Send his Fuckin ass to Los Angeles.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't remember him being on any of those teams

DNR.......

If you'd have been in the whole conversation about butt fuck bell, I've have said he is being selfish and a bitch.

Lemme just put this in perspective, bell needs Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh does not need him.
The TEAM has been around since 33, has bell been there since then, no.
You brought Brown into the conversation to defect from the fact bell is a bitch. Is he a good player, yes. But it doesn't take from the fact he's still holding out like a bitch. I posted an article from Merrill Hoge starting Rid Woodson did the same thing and when he came back one day before game day, it took him half a season to get his Shit together. So, as Hoge said if a all pro like Woodson can't do it, neither can this putz.

So before you accuse me of going off topic, look at your responses.....
You brought Brown up, not me. No Brown has not brought us a Super bowl, but he isn't the one holding out like a cvnt. Bell to good to work out with his team????? Send his Fuckin ass to Los Angeles.

The bolded part was the comment that I was responding to and nowhere in that comment did you bring up his drug suspension or his injuries. I didn't accuse you of going off topic, you made a statement about how we don't need Bell because he hasn't brought us a Super Bowl and I responded by saying, if you want to say that about Bell, do you say the same about Antonio because Antonio hasn't brought us a Super Bowl either.

You are going batshit crazy with this crap and it really doesn't make anyone want to talk to you about it. So we either have to deal with your shit or not engage in conversation with you. I'm starting to not want to engage in any sort of conversation with you because every time someone disagrees with whatever your opinion is, you flip the fuck out. You're starting to be a problem because everytime you and I disagree, you gotta act like it's a fucking pissing contest and you gotta show how you're superior than me. So lets agree to disagree and see how the season and this Bell situation plays out because I've had it with your shit.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded part was the comment that I was responding to and nowhere in that comment did you bring up his drug suspension or his injuries. I didn't accuse you of going off topic, you made a statement about how we don't need Bell because he hasn't brought us a Super Bowl and I responded by saying, if you want to say that about Bell, do you say the same about Antonio because Antonio hasn't brought us a Super Bowl either.

You are going batshit crazy with this crap and it really doesn't make anyone want to talk to you about it. So we either have to deal with your shit or not engage in conversation with you. I'm starting to not want to engage in any sort of conversation with you because every time someone disagrees with whatever your opinion is, you flip the fuck out. You're starting to be a problem because everytime you and I disagree, you gotta act like it's a fucking pissing contest and you gotta show how you're superior than me. So lets agree to disagree and see how the season and this Bell situation plays out because I've had it with your shit.

We?????
Do you have a dead bird in your pocket????
Who the fuck is we????

No one wants to talk to me.....hahaha
Does this mean your not my buddy and pal????

Odd I seem to get along with everyone..... wonder if there's a connection.

Next you'll suggest we sign Krappernick, oh wait......

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, you no one held a gun to your head to quote my comments.....

Feel free to use the magic iggy button......:bawling:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We?????
Do you have a dead bird in your pocket????
Who the fuck is we????

No one wants to talk to me.....hahaha
Does this mean your not my buddy and pal????

Odd I seem to get along with everyone..... wonder if there's a connection.

Next you'll suggest we sign Krappernick, oh wait......

You and I got along too, until we disagreed on the whole Kaepernick thing and ever since then you've been a fucking dick to me about everything I say. How about you get over that we disagree, and we'll go back to being Steelers fans. Sound good?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I got along too, until we disagreed on the whole Kaepernick thing and ever since then you've been a fucking dick to me about everything I say. How about you get over that we disagree, and we'll go back to being Steelers fans. Sound good?

Maybe you should give some of these players a Fuckin chance.....
No one likes Jones, but we have Dobbs....you didn't even give Dobbs a chance. You just chimed in with sign Krappernick. Bell wants to be a bitch, we have Conner. You don't even want to give Conner a shot.
Bell put this team in this position, bell out his fans in this position.....fuck him.
Last year with his suspension everyone was ask on bell's Shit... I stood my ground on Bell each and every Fuckin time he fucked up. Everyone was ready to kick him to the curb. Now after ask that Shit he wants to be a dick, I'm fine with the dumb fucker. I don't care if he ever comes back. If he does great, I ain't l issuing sleep over it. Because I have faith in the players out on this team.

Now after I put my neck out, when everyone else thought to ax him, and he pulls this Shit.....you want to coddle him, good for you.

You think I'm a dick, I've been called worse by better people.
Why don't you grab your nose and blow, till your head drops out your ass.
While you have been white knighting Krappy on the politics boards, we were in here discussing this for quite a while...and all of a sudden you seem to think the Steelers won't win a super bowl without him....then how the fuck did we get the first six????

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should give some of these players a Fuckin chance.....
No one likes Jones, but we have Dobbs....you didn't even give Dobbs a chance. You just chimed in with sign Krappernick. Bell wants to be a bitch, we have Conner. You don't even want to give Conner a shot.
Bell put this team in this position, bell out his fans in this position.....fuck him.
Last year with his suspension everyone was ask on bell's Shit... I stood my ground on Bell each and every Fuckin time he fucked up. Everyone was ready to kick him to the curb. Now after ask that Shit he wants to be a dick, I'm fine with the dumb fucker. I don't care if he ever comes back. If he does great, I ain't l issuing sleep over it. Because I have faith in the players out on this team.

Now after I put my neck out, when everyone else thought to ax him, and he pulls this Shit.....you want to coddle him, good for you.

You think I'm a dick, I've been called worse by better people.
Why don't you grab your nose and blow, till your head drops out your ass.
While you have been white knighting Krappy on the politics boards, we were in here discussing this for quite a while...and all of a sudden you seem to think the Steelers won't win a super bowl without him....then how the fuck did we get the first six????

Just because I say I'm not confident in our rookie RB and QB, doesn't mean I won't give them a chance. But, like I've said NUMEROUS times, at this moment in the preseason, I'm not okay with not having Bell in the backfield and I'm not okay with Dobbs as the starter once Ben retires. A lot of people share that opinion and if you don't that's fine but don't jump down my throat because you don't agree. I also never said we will never win a Super Bowl without Bell so I have no idea where you're getting that from. I don't think you're a dick, I know you're a dick. But ya know what, that's fine. What's not fine is when you disrespect me everytime we talk. If you're still salty about our exchange with the Kaepernick thing, I've apologized twice to you and I really don't know what more you want from me. Drop it or don't. Those are the choices. I'm not gonna be on here all season long and taking this shit from you everytime I disagree with what you have to say.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I say I'm not confident in our rookie RB and QB, doesn't mean I won't give them a chance. But, like I've said NUMEROUS times, at this moment in the preseason, I'm not okay with not having Bell in the backfield and I'm not okay with Dobbs as the starter once Ben retires. A lot of people share that opinion and if you don't that's fine but don't jump down my throat because you don't agree. I also never said we will never win a Super Bowl without Bell so I have no idea where you're getting that from. I don't think you're a dick, I know you're a dick. But ya know what, that's fine. What's not fine is when you disrespect me everytime we talk. If you're still salty about our exchange with the Kaepernick thing, I've apologized twice to you and I really don't know what more you want from me. Drop it or don't. Those are the choices. I'm not gonna be on here all season long and taking this shit from you everytime I disagree with what you have to say.

I call bullshit, you said if Ben goes down with laundry and Dobbs as backups.
While bell plays a big role in our offense, he is not the team. You make it sound as if we are doomed without him. If he wants a Super bowl, this is his best chance. I agree he deserves a raise. He was offered 14 mil, he wants 15. He is getting tendered at 12 and still wants to be a bitch about it. Has he brought us a Super bowl? No. We have six without him and I'm sure many more. YOU brought up Brown. Behind that line any back could get the job done.

And remember one thing, if it wasn't for dicks like me, cock suckers such as yourself wouldn't have a purpose.

......I'm not gonna be on here all season long and taking this shit from you everytime I disagree with what you have to say......

Then stop replying....simple math don't ya think