• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it hurts us, but it seems Bernard just came back on Friday from acl surgery. The video clearly shows Berfict grabbing him by that leg and rolling.....I mean wtf is wrong with that guy??

But then again incidents like that are the Bengals coaching staffs fault.....
How long have they let that go on for now?
True! They could have stopped this long ago!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL strength of schedule

So here's a little gem.....
We are ranked tied for 27th as far as schedule difficulty, which is awesome.
But with our history of playing down to opponents, does it mean big trouble....

We definitely have a D that can shut down any offense, and our offense is jacked full of play makers.
Once again do we play up to the hype or do we play down to our opponents and lose games to teams we should be destroying???

@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler @Ewa PGH Fan @Terry Rode @Superbelt @MISKO

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We definitely have a D that can shut down any offense, and our offense is jacked full of play makers.
Once again do we play up to the hype or do we play down to our opponents and lose games to teams we should be destroying???

Based on past history, it's trouble. BUT MAYBE they'll turn that around this year!!!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For some reason, we always struggle against mediocre teams for some reason. I don't know if it's because we underestimate them or what. But with the string of injuries the Ravens are having, I can see us being 7-1 at the bye week. When I try and see what records we might get, I always bank of us losing against the Ravens in Baltimore just because those are always tough, close games. When we face the Colts, we don't know if Luck will be starting and even if he does, I still like our chances against them. 8-1. Titans offense SHOULD be stellar this year and I think the Titans are one of those teams that our defense will struggle against. So, benefit of the doubt, 8-2. I'm counting a loss against the Packers just because they are usually always good towards the end of the season. 8-3. We will beat the Bengals and Ravens. 10-3. Lose to the Patriots and then beat the Texans and Browns to end the season. I can legitimately see us going 13-3. But to be fair and pessimistic, I'm saying 11-5 or 12-4. I love the wait our defense looks, the offense looks the way it always does. I'm starting to think this "holdout" by Le'Veon is just so he doesn't get injured during training camps. Still a shitty thing to do but I guess I can see why he's doing it. It's the same reason why guys like Fournette and McCaffery sat out their bowl games. Look at Jake Butt. He debated sitting out but didn't and he ended up having a terrible injury that dropped him to the 4th round.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, we always struggle against mediocre teams for some reason. I don't know if it's because we underestimate them or what. But with the string of injuries the Ravens are having, I can see us being 7-1 at the bye week. When I try and see what records we might get, I always bank of us losing against the Ravens in Baltimore just because those are always tough, close games. When we face the Colts, we don't know if Luck will be starting and even if he does, I still like our chances against them. 8-1. Titans offense SHOULD be stellar this year and I think the Titans are one of those teams that our defense will struggle against. So, benefit of the doubt, 8-2. I'm counting a loss against the Packers just because they are usually always good towards the end of the season. 8-3. We will beat the Bengals and Ravens. 10-3. Lose to the Patriots and then beat the Texans and Browns to end the season. I can legitimately see us going 13-3. But to be fair and pessimistic, I'm saying 11-5 or 12-4. I love the wait our defense looks, the offense looks the way it always does. I'm starting to think this "holdout" by Le'Veon is just so he doesn't get injured during training camps. Still a shitty thing to do but I guess I can see why he's doing it. It's the same reason why guys like Fournette and McCaffery sat out their bowl games. Look at Jake Butt. He debated sitting out but didn't and he ended up having a terrible injury that dropped him to the 4th round.

But just as the Steelers do year after year, you are just looking at the gimme games as just that.
Our best games are always with stellar teams, and even a time or two have totally dominated those stellar teams. There is no worry about team like the packers, Colts, or titans, they will rise to the occasion on these games. (And as per the defense they are going to take it to Brady this year) it's those games you look at and think.....in the bag. Those are the teams we play down too. Those are the teams we leave in the game to beat us in the last 5 minutes, those are the games we lose and should win.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never trust the SoS because 1) It's far too early to predict how good a team will be in the season, and 2) Our SoS is always "weighted" by the Browns. They went 1-15 last season, so since we play them twice that is 2 wins & 30 losses going into our S.O.S. from 1 damn team lol. PIT's SoS would be middle of the pack if it weren't for them.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never trust the SoS because 1) It's far too early to predict how good a team will be in the season, and 2) Our SoS is always "weighted" by the Browns. They went 1-15 last season, so since we play them twice that is 2 wins & 30 losses going into our S.O.S. from 1 damn team lol. PIT's SoS would be middle of the pack if it weren't for them.

You broke out your slide ruler on figuring that one didn't ya.....:lol:

I see what your saying.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You broke out your slide ruler on figuring that one didn't ya.....:lol:

I see what your saying.
mr-chow-haha.gif

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously....

I never looked at an SoS or knew what the hell it was....:lol:
You look at the schedule and see teams you and I know they should beat, and those are the ones we struggle with badly and for no reason.....

Looking at the schedule there are many of those teams on this schedule!!!!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our schedule on paper, we should probably lose at least 4 games. With all the injuries to the Ravens, we might actually sweep them this year for the first time since 2008!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays better tonight? Bart Houston or Joshua Dobbs? haha

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays better tonight? Bart Houston or Joshua Dobbs? haha
Houston put himself on the chopping block IMO. I know he is essentially camp fodder but damn... Find another UDFA or FA out there more worthy of holding a clipboard this offseason.