• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanton Could Pass Maris

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's okay for me to speculate that a player could be using PEDs, but no one else. Dunderhead. Bahahaha."

lolz

More straw-man arguments... It's expected at this point. It's all you got. You're really out of anything else to spew.

Here's what I'd like; have a little evidence or a talking point behind your claims. That's all. Go ahead... Try and argue that. LMAO

It's so awesome when you're just on the overwhelmingly right side of an argument, and you get to watch dim-witted trolls shit their pants creating straw-man arguments. Ahhhhhhh.... It's a thing of beauty.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you're really slow. This is like talking to a mentally challenged school child. You have to explain every little thing so carefully...

The straw-man arguments are NEVER ENDING. LMAO

Nowhere did I say that; "Every body who takes steroids has a radical body change". I can see where your simple/knee-jerk mind took it as such. However, I never once said that.

However, if you're making steroid allegations against somebody... You need to have SOMETHING. Connections found to a distributor. Dramatic spike in numbers out of absolutely NOWHERE. Failed drug test... Suspicious body transformation... SOMETHING.

That does not mean that EVERY single player on steroids will have these traits. I'm simply asking for SOME kind of evidence. As opposed to you, "hot streak from one of the best power hitters in baseball" = "ROIDS!"... Jackass

How is this so hard to understand? Lol. Have a fucking talking point, if you're just going throw accusations around. Especially ones that can ruin people's credibility. Why is that so hard?

I'm starting just to feel sorry for ya dude. Clearly just an angry, dim-witted boy.

There are two criteria that that you use to validate PED suspicion. One would hope that those two criteria would be met by all or most players who have tested positive for PEDs, but that's not the case. In fact, most of the players who've tested positive for PEDs meet neither of your criteria.

So, you're retarded and by extension your criteria is retarded.

You're a fanboy who wants so badly to pretend you're somehow connecting with athletes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm mocking a talking meatball who comes unhinged whenever someone speculates that a player could be juicing.

You're a naive fanboy. That's all.

Dispute the following statement, as it's all I have ever brought forth.

"You should have evidence, or at the very least a talking point. When you are accusing a player of steroid use."

Ball is in your court, dunderhead.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you're quite the fanboy for Thames. Jeez! You really like those big black muscles of his, huh?

Whoa. Now it's just getting weird.

Besides being a fanboy desperate to connect with athletes, you're also racist and gay?

I'm going to leave you to it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You should have evidence, or at the very least a talking point. When you are accusing a player of steroid use."

"A player should meet at least one of of my two criteria that most players who've tested positive for PEDs don't meet in order for me to not come unglued when you suspect them of juicing."

lolz

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, most of the players who've tested positive for PEDs meet neither of your criteria.

Oh god. He still is just dragging behind like the mouth breathing kid in math. The straw-man arguments keep coming...

No one ever said that these criteria would automatically be met by all steroid users. I also never said those criteria were some "stone tablet". They are simply two examples, that can be easily applied, as to demonstrate some kind of a talking point on the issue.

"No physical sign of steroid use"
"No performance sign of steroid use"
"No allegations by distributors, teammates... etc..."
"No failed tests"

These are red flags that we, as outsiders can go over.

The fact that you cannot always physically spot a steroid user, does not mean you can just go throwing baseless claims around at ANYONE.

It's no different than any other type of accusation. Just because there have been many killers who did not demonstrate your usual psychopathic tendencies. That doesn't mean you get to knee-jerk react and accuse people of being killers without any evidence what so ever.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. Now it's just getting weird.

Besides being a fanboy desperate to connect with athletes, you're also racist and gay?

I'm going to leave you to it.

LMAO... Really going off of the rails. I love it. You're completely unhinged.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A player should meet at least one of of my two criteria that most players who've tested positive for PEDs don't meet in order for me to not come unglued when you suspect them of juicing."

lolz

Yup... I did it. You're completely cornered. You've got nothing. I love it. Unhinged and repeating straw-man arguments. You have been decimated, sir. Getting that tingly on the back of your neck yet? Ouch... Aww man. I got to admit, I am enjoying this one.

Watching them lash out in their final desperation attempts at keeping an argument together is the best part.

He has no answer for...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jenrry Mejía didn't have WWF muscles therefore never juiced"

:pound:

Ah... yes. It looks like I missed yet another straw-man argument along the way.

Man, this was satisfying. Nothing like turning a board troll into a rambling, babbling, incoherent child. Drawing false equivalencies and creating straw-man arguments to keep his retard head above water. Not even doing these things intentionally either. Just because he's that incompetent! Bahahaha

I shouldn't take so much pleasure in bullying the village idiot, but this one felt good. All you've got to do is stick to the point with these trolls, and they start to squirm and lash out.

That point, of course is...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here's what we've established on this thread:

1. You should never suspect a player could be using PEDs without some kind of evidence
  2. Evidence, according to rich, is radical body change and a spike in numbers
  3. Most of the players who have actually tested positive for PEDs exhibited neither a radical body change or a spike in numbers
  4. Eric Thames, despite not going through a radical body change can reasonably be suspected of PED usage, at least by rich
  5. Rich thinks he's painted someone besides himself in a corner

It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here's what we've established on this thread:

1. You should never suspect a player could be using PEDs without some kind of evidence
  2. Evidence, according to rich, is radical body change and a spike in numbers
  3. Most of the players who have actually tested positive for PEDs exhibited neither a radical body change or a spike in numbers
  4. Eric Thames, despite not going through a radical body change can reasonably be suspected of PED usage, at least by rich
  5. Rich thinks he's painted someone besides himself in a corner

It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

*YAWN*... Same straw-man arguments, different post. Starting to get boring.

You should never suspect a player could be using PEDs without some kind of evidence

Basically... At least, you should have some kind of base within your argument. A talking point... something tangible... etc...

Evidence, according to rich, is radical body change and a spike in numbers

Nope. The straw-man begins. I simply have used those as examples, as SOMETHING tangible which can be used to begin a talking point on the subject.

Most of the players who have actually tested positive for PEDs exhibited neither a radical body change or a spike in numbers

The straw-man continues. He can only keep going back to the same well, because it's all he's got.

I never once said that EVERY player who has taken PED's, has exhibited these traits. I elaborated on this in the post above. I merely used these as a couple of some tangible examples, which we as fans can see.

The fact that not every player has exhibited noticeable/dramatic changes, does not mean that you can then just start throwing around baseless claims at EVERYONE. Like the example I used in the above post. Just because all killers do not always exhibit noticeable psychopathic traits, that doesn't mean that we can just reasonably suspect ANYONE of being a killer.

Eric Thames, despite not going through a radical body change can reasonably be suspected of PED usage, at least by rich

Well, I would say that Thames is noticeably more jacked up. However, for the sake of argument, if I was to be entirely proven wrong. I would happily say that I was, indeed, wrong about Thames body transformation. If he was always this shredded... there's not much in the way of an argument against him being clean. A little spike in numbers, but then again... I never condemned the man. It would appear my reason for suspicion would be wiped out, if that was the case.

Rich thinks he's painted someone besides himself in a corner

How adorable... the little boy thinks he made a point that hadn't already been decimated.

Yet, he himself still cannot refute the lone, emphatic point that I have brought forth in this thread.

Which is...

*yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnn*... Time is a wasting kiddo

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should never suspect a player could be using PEDs without some kind of evidence

Basically... At least, you should have some kind of base within your argument. A talking point... something tangible... etc...

You mean, like, when I've mentioned the fact that Stanton's muscles generate so much power that he broke his hand simply by transferring that power to his bat? Or that the exit velocities off his bat are historically remarkable? Those talking points that you ignore? I've never said he's definitively juicing, but suspicion in this day and age is absolutely reasonable. Unless, of course, you're a fanboy who thinks he's defending his friends.

Evidence, according to rich, is radical body change and a spike in numbers

Nope. The straw-man begins. I simply have used those as examples, as SOMETHING tangible which can be used to begin a talking point on the subject.

Those are the two things you asked for to justify PED suspicion. If those are only two of them, please list some others for us so I can mock you further.

Most of the players who have actually tested positive for PEDs exhibited neither a radical body change or a spike in numbers

The straw-man continues. He can only keep going back to the same well, because it's all he's got.

I never once said that EVERY player who has taken PED's, has exhibited these traits. I elaborated on this in the post above. I merely used these as a couple of some tangible examples, which we as fans can see.

The fact that not every player has exhibited noticeable/dramatic changes, does not mean that you can then just start throwing around baseless claims at EVERYONE. Like the example I used in the above post. Just because all killers do not always exhibit noticeable psychopathic traits, that doesn't mean that we can just reasonably suspect ANYONE of being a killer.

I never said that you suggested that "EVERY player who has taken PED's has exhibited these traits." I pointed out that most of the players that we know took PEDs exhibited neither of them.

Eric Thames, despite not going through a radical body change can reasonably be suspected of PED usage, at least by rich

Well, I would say that Thames is noticeably more jacked up. However, for the sake of argument, if I was to be entirely proven wrong. I would happily say that I was, indeed, wrong about Thames body transformation. If he was always this shredded... there's not much in the way of an argument against him being clean. A little spike in numbers, but then again... I never condemned the man. It would appear my reason for suspicion would be wiped out, if that was the case.

I've never condemned anyone for PED usage. Only brought up suspicions. I'd be perfectly happy if any player was proven completely guilty or innocent in regards to PEDs.

Rich thinks he's painted someone besides himself in a corner

How adorable... the little boy thinks he made a point that hadn't already been decimated.

Yet, he himself still cannot refute the lone, emphatic point that I have brought forth in this thread.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you have a tenuous grasp on the definitions of straw man and false equivalency.

I know you use them because you've seen other folks on the internets who are trying to appear smart use them, but it doesn't work. Particularly when misused.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting the NEXT response will be productive:pop2:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you have a tenuous grasp on the definitions of straw man and false equivalency.

I know you use them because you've seen other folks on the internets who are trying to appear smart use them, but it doesn't work. Particularly when misused.

Dictionary.com

An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

You were blatantly/intentionally misrepresenting my argument, as saying that every player who takes steroids exhibits radical body change and a spike in numbers. I never said that. You did this continually, and non-stop.

As for you cute little post above, I'll get to that now. It's really time to cut your losses here dude...

You know why? Because you still can't refute my LONE point in this thread.

You even deleted it in your reply above, and acted like I never asked it again! BAHAHAHA... How embarrassing.

That point, is as follows...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me one quote of mine that suspects a player of PED usage in which there are no talking points.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseless allegations are awesome...

Especially against a guy who has looked the same his entire adult-life, and never failed anything under the new HGH testing.

I think Lou Gehrig was on steroids. Cy Young too. I think Oswalt was the flight 11 hijacker. I think aliens shot Kennedy. Baseless allegations are sweeeeet...

FACT - Babe Ruth was.