• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanton Could Pass Maris

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero proof of juiced balls? There's been a pretty big increase in pitchers getting blisters and home runs are through the roof. Launch angle plays a role, but I doubt that that's the only thing going on.

The past two seasons has also set records for K's.

There are perfectly logical explanations for everything going on. Like all conspiracy theories, I would need to see/hear legitimate proof that the ball is juiced.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but the thread title says, "Stanton Could Pass Maris". Who cares about Maris, he doesn't hold the single season record for home runs.

I think the first guy without steroid accusations passing Maris, would be important to a lot of people. Not all, but certainly many consider Sosa/Bonds/McGwire's runs as "illegitimate".

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first guy without steroid accusations passing Maris, would be important to a lot of people. Not all, but certainly many consider Sosa/Bonds/McGwire's runs as "illegitimate".
I agree, but that is not what the Major League Baseball record book says.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to time to make 100% sure this the article I am thinking of, but basically, they bought a bunch of game-used balls from eBay and Amazon and then tested them. The balls from pre-ASB 2015 traveled approx 10-15 feet less than the balls from after the ASB in 2015.

In MLB’s New Home Run Era, It’s The Baseballs That Are Juicing

That's certainly more evidence then I had previously thought existed. However, it's still pretty inconclusive. Interesting article though

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a run for him this season. Can see him getting 60 homers for sure.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i'm not sure if the Marlins have the balls to push that agenda about Stanton.

It might make it harder for them to try and deal him from a PR standpoint.

But they absolutely need to sell high right now.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton cleared revocable waivers on Sunday.

It's not a big surprise given his massive contract (10 years and $295 million). And teams regularly place their players on waivers in August, so it's important to not look too much into things. However, now that Stanton has cleared waivers, he's eligible to be traded to any team this month. According to Passan, at least four teams have inquired on Stanton and talks with one team before the July 31 deadline progressed to the point where names were exchanged. With uncertainty over the team's ownership situation, nothing ultimately came of it. At the very least, the Marlins can lay the groundwork to possible discussions for the offseason.:suds:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton cleared revocable waivers on Sunday.

It's not a big surprise given his massive contract (10 years and $295 million). And teams regularly place their players on waivers in August, so it's important to not look too much into things. However, now that Stanton has cleared waivers, he's eligible to be traded to any team this month. According to Passan, at least four teams have inquired on Stanton and talks with one team before the July 31 deadline progressed to the point where names were exchanged. With uncertainty over the team's ownership situation, nothing ultimately came of it. At the very least, the Marlins can lay the groundwork to possible discussions for the offseason.:suds:

Hanely, Travis and some lower ranked prospects.....

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can reach 50 by September, he has a chance. This is insane right now. He homers every day.

More likely that this slows down a tad, and he wins up with 55 or so. However, it's not out of the question that he could be the first player without steroid allegations to pass Maris.

First of all, his upcoming trip to the DL will preclude him from getting to 60.

Secondly, he's probably on steroids.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i'm not sure if the Marlins have the balls to push that agenda about Stanton.

It might make it harder for them to try and deal him from a PR standpoint.

They also might not want a bunch of "legitimate home run chase" PR to blow up in their face ala Yankees/Rodriguez.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

He mashes, but his injuries and that contract make him a serious liability.

I had him in a keeper league and I was so psyched that heading into 2015, he was considered a top 10 pick. I traded his ass right quick and have not regretted it.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this?

I'm not saying he wouldn't, I just don't have any knowledge about it.
I don't know this, but he hasn't been shy about expressing his frustrations with the team sucking.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

He mashes, but his injuries and that contract make him a serious liability.

I had him in a keeper league and I was so psyched that heading into 2015, he was considered a top 10 pick. I traded his ass right quick and have not regretted it.
I really need to move him in dynasty.

Missed my window for this year, trade deadline was yesterday. But come the fantasy offseason, he gone.