• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Freakin' Finals (Sharks v Penguins)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read some of my other post on it. I did say there was nobody that separated from the pack on the Penguins. The whole postseason was a team game, something I can't remember every seeing from them in the almost 40 years I have been watching them. Be it Mario, Mario and Jgar, or Sid and Geno the Pens have always relied on their stars come playoff time. This year was different.

Murray because he is a rookie Goalie who won 15 games. Yes a lot of the games he seemed to be just good enough to win, but at other points he had to stand on his head to give the Pens a chance.

LeTang IMO was the best Penguin throughout the entire playoffs. He had his moments where he loses his temper and reverts to some bad habits, but they were few this year. He was also by far the most clutch during the Finals

Crosby I do agree with you he did a lot of the little things you look for your captain to do, but he seemed to disappear for the first few games of the Washington Series.

Bonino was the guy for that Washington series, absolutely. Generally though, the Conn Smythe is awarded for the ECF-SCF rounds. For a defenseman to win it, they need big offensive numbers. Letang was probably like 4-5 points shy of pushing that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways Pix. It is nice that at the end of a season all we have to disagree on as Penguin fans is the winner of the Conn Smythe. Enjoy the Cup and I hope you and your father can get close to it one of the days it is in Pittsburgh.

Abso-freaking-lutely man! Heck, even when we took that 3-1 series lead and the conversation shifted a bit, what a fun debate to be having. Which of our champion players was the best champion player? What a day. What a time.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Pens fans here.

They cut away early, did Matt Murray ever actually get to touch the cup?

I was cracking up when he did his interview and said "yeah, maybe I get to touch it eventually". Being fair, I think you kinda have to force your way to the front to get it, and Murray is definitely a "eh, I'll get there eventually" kinda guy. Was awesome that the rookies handed it to eachother though. Murray to Rust to Sheary to Kuhnackel.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Pix and all other Pens fans. I hate that team with a fiery passion but holy crap were they the best team since January. Crosby was playing at a completely different level than anyone else out on the ice.

Thanks man! From the ECF on Sid had the look. He was dominant on the puck nearly every shift. Still had those occasional shifts where he was trying to do too much, and turnovers happened, but he made up for it with blocking shots, winning faceoffs, all those things. I've never really tabbed the guy as an elite leader, but holy crap he grew up a lot. Watching his teammates watch him is interesting. In the past, he had the C, led by example, all that jazz...he's really their leader now. They rally around him. I guess that comes with age.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have had no problem with Couture winning it.

My salt levels would've been off the charts. I really, really, really dislike that guy. Everyone likes to label certain star players as whiners, but he actually is one.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this belongs here or in the Comedy Gold out of Edmonton thread...

View attachment 127350

Twitter search Jultz and enjoy the show. It's beautiful. Again, he's effective when sheltered. He was actually leading the team in fancy stats I think (CF/CA). He obviously showed the weaknesses are still there, but limit his exposure and talent faced, still effective. That said, I don't think he's back in Pittsburgh.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have done without Schultz getting his name on the Cup but otherwise good job Penguins.

/Can you petition to have a players name excluded?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have done without Schultz getting his name on the Cup but otherwise good job Penguins.

Hey esls, Y U no like Dave Schultz?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so many pump fakes ... CLOSE THE THREAD NOW!

Ck2VV-hUkAA7EAX.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I unstickied the thread, if people want to continue posting in it, hey who am I to say no?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Phil I wonder if this makes up for, or even completely removes the shame, of being picked last at the all star game a few years ago. I know most of us thought that would lead to a downward spiral leading to prison by now.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but you can slip the engraver a hundy and his name will forevermore be "Justin Schulz"

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter search Jultz and enjoy the show.

This gave me a great idea for the official "BGDave's dumbest statement of the 2015-16 season". To conserve Cup space, why not just engrave twitter handles on the trophy?

/going fishing until the draft

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Phil I wonder if this makes up for, or even completely removes the shame, of being picked last at the all star game a few years ago. I know most of us thought that would lead to a downward spiral leading to prison by now.
Already done his time in prison (aka the leafs)