• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Ball Uodates:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soph. Elmer at LG
Jr. R. Stanley at LT
Sr. M. Hegarty at Center
5th year Sr. C. Lombard at RG
Soph. M. McGlinchey at RT

Main Back ups: Coln McGovern and Hunter Bevin

Remember Martin is out so he will start. Overall I like this line. We have some youth and some Vets on this line. Good mix.

Starting Sefetys were......

Max Redfield
Austin Collinsworth.

Recap: Lets hope this changes. Collinsworth is not good. Shumate should be starting by the end of this.

Starting ILBs right now are. Just no Depth here

K. Moore
J. Schmidt

I. Williams was on the Dline.

Day 1 Golson looked good throwing the ball.

Starting WRs on Day 1:
C. Robinson
CJ Prosise
Chris Brown

Carlisle was working as a Slot WR.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to see them move Carlisle to slot wr.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some highlights on our local news of him at practice. He looked very fluid. And he looked bigger too. Good to see the rumors of him bulking up were true. Should help him absorb the hits more and just be overall stronger.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Suppose to say: Spring Ball Updates

My bad

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soph. Elmer at LG
Jr. R. Stanley at LT
Sr. M. Hegarty at Center
5th year Sr. C. Lombard at RG
Soph. M. McGlinchey at RT

Main Back ups: Coln McGovern and Hunter Bevin

Remember Martin is out so he will start. Overall I like this line. We have some youth and some Vets on this line. Good mix.

Starting Sefetys were......

Max Redfield
Austin Collinsworth.

Recap: Lets hope this changes. Collinsworth is not good. Shumate should be starting by the end of this.

Starting ILBs right now are. Just no Depth here

K. Moore
J. Schmidt

I. Williams was on the Dline.

Starting WRs on Day 1:
C. Robinson
CJ Prosise
Chris Brown

Carlisle was working as a Slot WR.

I. Williams on the D line. Were they lined up in a 4-3? I see us playing a lot more 4-3 without a real nose tackle. (and our lack of experience at inside LB). Speaking of linebackers, any word on Grace's progress?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I. Williams on the D line. Were they lined up in a 4-3? I see us playing a lot more 4-3 without a real nose tackle. (and our lack of experience at inside LB). Speaking of linebackers, any word on Grace's progress?

Hey 7478, I don;t know if you'll remember this from the old espn board but looks like one of my predictions ( there was a good amount of arguing) is coming true. On a recruiting thread some of the ND faithfull were slobering over James Onwualu high school video saying he was gonna be a really good WR for the Irish. The fact that he was working out with the former ND receiver Floyd (they went to same HS) bolstered their predictions. Here we are , sophomore year and he will be moved to defense. He's a strong kid for sure so should do well hitting people but I saw that tape and he wasn;'t running away from HS defenders (that was my point) he was just stronger than them and got out of arm tackles. I said he wouldn't be doing that at the next level. Anyway, you've got better receivers and he's a much better fit on defense.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 7478, I don;t know if you'll remember this from the old espn board but looks like one of my predictions ( there was a good amount of arguing) is coming true. On a recruiting thread some of the ND faithfull were slobering over James Onwualu high school video saying he was gonna be a really good WR for the Irish. The fact that he was working out with the former ND receiver Floyd (they went to same HS) bolstered their predictions. Here we are , sophomore year and he will be moved to defense. He's a strong kid for sure so should do well hitting people but I saw that tape and he wasn;'t running away from HS defenders (that was my point) he was just stronger than them and got out of arm tackles. I said he wouldn't be doing that at the next level. Anyway, you've got better receivers and he's a much better fit on defense.

I do remember that. At this point, I just hope he pans out as a DB. That is a much bigger need for the next few years.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irish, did you know Shembo was the one involved in that sexual assault a few years ago?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irish, did you know Shembo was the one involved in that sexual assault a few years ago?

Yes, after it came out, I googled "Lizzy Seeberg ND football player" and it was pretty clear which player was involved. I actually thought it was fairly common knowledge among ND fans. (I also knew a kid who lived in his dorm who confirmed that Shembo was the one involved).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Collinsworth doesn't win the job.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember that. At this point, I just hope he pans out as a DB. That is a much bigger need for the next few years.

Well he will probably do well on that side of the ball and if youre thin at DB it's like getting a 4* recruit. What is it about transfers? I watched Amir Carslile play( not a lot but some) at the end of the season before he left SC and he looked like he could do damage. Now you guy's have him in the slot. He's got the ability but his hands have been not so good so far and thats a position there is no hiding that. The balls the slot receiver gets are usually bullets. I hope he get's it together for you guys.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need him to get it together. We are deep at RB and WR.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need him to get it together. We are deep at RB and WR.

But I do believe that with his speed and running ability he could be a real threat in the slot position. He doesn't need great hands, just pretty good would suffice. I think the slot becomes more important with Golson or Zaire at QB. With their running ability spreading the field, we'll see a lot of the slot receiver one on one with a linebacker. I like Carlisle in that scenario.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do believe that with his speed and running ability he could be a real threat in the slot position. He doesn't need great hands, just pretty good would suffice. I think the slot becomes more important with Golson or Zaire at QB. With their running ability spreading the field, we'll see a lot of the slot receiver one on one with a linebacker. I like Carlisle in that scenario.

We have other Slot guys. Im not to worried if pans out. If he does Great, if not no big deal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/6/14 update"

Golson Looks better then expected. He is throwing with a lot more velocity. Insiders are saying with out Doubt he will be the starter. There is no QB competition. Positive is he is acting like a Leader. This is what this team was lacking last year.

Andrew Trumbetti- EE Freshman is getting a lot of positives from the coaches and from others. Some say he will play this year. Kid looks to be a good one. Some scouts or coaches are shocked he wasn't a 5 star player.

Greg Bryant- They say he looks focused, and mentally ready to take on a Bigger role. Expect scary things from the combo of Bryant and Folston.

Corey Robinson- He added Muscle and ready to be a big time player. They expect a big season from him this year.

Justin Brent- A lot of coaches on the staff is shocked in how much he loves the game. They haven't seen a player so determine to be great. He is becoming a locker room Fav. He will play and play a lot this year.

DC Brian VanGorder- Positive vibe coming from him and his players. so far so good.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off..."spring ball uOdates"...made me chuckle. Purguy, I've learned to love it. ;)

Ok...haven't read much of this thread but here it goes...

- E.G. is a VERY elite college football player, the world will know soon. Heisman, IMO, is not out of reach. Especially if he stays for '15. He's big now, and still fast. Nobody will see a QB in the nation with better zip on the ball. Touch we will see...let's hope.
- Robinson is a big playmaking son of a gun...wow he is tall. Good luck to any CB who has this task.
- Bryant is looking great, catches the ball better than I thought. Quicker than any fatboy on a jelly donut race. Quicker than most elite backs in CFB as well. Nice to see after limited time last year. Stay healthy young man.
- Jarron, although not Chocolate Big Stud in the middle, seems ready to go. Let us hope so. We need a plug...two.
- ND's cheerleaders are still not as hot as USC's. But who give two donkey turds. Still hot and probably come with less drama. ;)
- Back to buisness...Springman, remember him? Yeah, he needs to be healthy and play...a lot. Jones is good but what fat man doesn't need spelled? He is important, very much so.
- Oline, oh my. BIG, FAST, ATHLETIC and YOUNG...oh my. Yes, could/will be that monster...and not just this year.
- Maxwell has been beat in quite a few drills...on video. Not too worried, yet. Safeties should struggle in one on ones...cause they are not cornerbacks. But come on man. Expectations are there. Farley has been worse.
- Romeo looks a lot bigger, big enough to play with his hand on the ground...which we need. I hope he comes along to be the real deal. Might make snot bubbles from Gardner's nose, Winston too...could.
- Justin Brent is every bit the part. Hate to say I told you so...we'll see.

The 2014 edition of ND football has a lot of promise. '15 outlooks better. Both are something we'll be happy to watch, IMO...and I'm not one to throw it out like that. I think/really hope it finally might be time to turn the page.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all sounds a little too good to be true, but I'm hopeful. :suds:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about the offense, and the potential with the running game and Golson. The defense is a bit of a question because of the loss of Nix, Tuitt and all the Linebackers. However I think some of the guys coming in and on the roster have more potential than Fox or Calabrese so hopefully they can use the experience gained from being in the program for a few years.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope jarrett Grace is ready for the start of summer camp. We will need him this year.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about the offense, and the potential with the running game and Golson. The defense is a bit of a question because of the loss of Nix, Tuitt and all the Linebackers. However I think some of the guys coming in and on the roster have more potential than Fox or Calabrese so hopefully they can use the experience gained from being in the program for a few years.

That is it, agreed. Middle backer is a big concern. Our best may be a true Frosh and we play SCuM week two. Grace I hope steps up. Fills that gap until Morgan gets it. Deeb too.

Other concerns besides MLB: Dline and a Safety. Punt return game.

Offense: Maybe a WR core, replacing TE. But really none in DD is if the rotation. Offense should score plenty.