• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some comments on the 9ers game that I got to attend

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Just got home from San Francisco after spending a few days there-

-First off, what a disappointing performance! Flew in from Wisconsin and finally got to see my first 9ers home game and the offense was just putrid. I haven't watched the game on TV yet so some of my observations might be quite different. Close to pulling off a W thanks to the defense but came up short.

The stadium
-Candlestick didn't seem as near as "dumpy" as I was expecting. I was expecting it pretty bad just from hearing some other fans comments over the years on message boards but it wasn't too bad. A little out dated and some flaws(Sound is shit and the obviously the TV screens suck) but overall a pretty cool place. Some really cool views and the seats were nice.

Tailgating and Fans
-Tailgating and talking with all the other great 49er fans was a blast! There were a lot of cool set ups and the weather was perfect. The crowd in the stadium overall was pretty good. There were a lot of hardcore fans there trying to pump up the crowd at the right times. It seemed like a good chunk of the crowd though has no idea when to cheer and when not too. There were a lot of 9er fans going nuts at the wrong time(critical 3rd down plays when were on offense.) I heard this criticism as well on message boards but its odd the crowd is like this.

-I got to meet that Banjo Man guy. I was pretty excited when I saw him tailgating but he was kind of a D-bag. All he kept saying is "donations are accepted." We took one single quick picture with him(during this he kept repeating 'donations are accepted') and I was going to give him a dollar then. He says "only a dollar?" I guess all he is is about making money.

Player and game comments

-The defense played damn good. It was a lot of fun cheering them on. Willis and Brooks were making a lot of plays. The one criticism from them is Cam Newton seemed to have a lot of time to throw. A coverage was holding up though and we were able to force some crappy throws. Cam did miss a few he shouldve hit but overall a very solid performance.

-Seeing Reid get hurt was a huge downer. He's one of my favorite players and this could be a serious issue now that this is his 2nd. Keeping my fingers crossed here. Any news on him? I'm a little behind in a lot of the updates.

-Losing Vernon Davis is obviously a huge blow. I didn't even know he was hurt after the tackle. It didn't look bad from where I was sitting and thought he got up ok. I could see him wincing a little bit but I didnt know until later on in the game that it was a concussion he got. It seems like when we lose Davis our offense becomes one of if not the worst offense in football. I guess that goes to show just how damn good Davis is and how much we should appreciate him.

-Whitner seemed to play good. He appeared to have some good tackles and I think he forced the fumble near the end of the game.

-Kaepernick was dog shit as I'm sure all know. I was actually surprised talking to a lot of fans before the game and how many of them do not like/do not believe Kaepernick is going to be a good QB. This performance was pretty bad. He was extremely panicky in the pocket and it seemed that any signs of pressure, he would put his head down and try to scramble. For a guy his size and strength too, he just doesn't break many tackles like some of the other similar style and/or size QBs. There seemed to be players open that I could tell too that he wasn't seeing or didn't want to pass to for some reason. This is hard to to judge because youre trying to look at two places at once and dont have replay like at home, but I swear I saw on mulitiple occasions where receivers were decently open that he didnt try to pass to because he puts his damn head down when he starts to scramble. Hopefully some of the areas can be corrected but he has had some extremely alarming performances this year.

-The offensive line appeared to be run blocking pretty good but pass protections was a major issue. I couldn't tell from the stadium who was sucking. Any insight here? Missed assignments? A particular player that sucked? I thought I saw Anthony Davis get beat a few times but again, it was tough to tell.

-The play calling seemed to be pretty crappy. I dont usually diss the play calling because it seems like such an easy thing to jump on but this game more then some others, seemed to be pretty questionable. We didn't seem to adjust at all, didn't run as much as we should, and didn't use quick passes when so much pressure was happening.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback bvanthielriceyoung, definitely helps knowing on the offensive side that the WRs were or weren't open for Kap....

sucks you came all that way but its a nice place and I'm planning on attending its final home gm this year... at least you went to there before it closed right?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to go next year to the new stadium. I hope you had fun.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sucks you came all that way but its a nice place and I'm planning on attending its final home gm this year... at least you went to there before it closed right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, that was the big thing. Really wanted to see and visit the place before they leave it.

Was definitely a good time dispite the outcome

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
also glad you got to see a game live, at Candlestick.

on the other hand............no wonder we lost?

j/k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I make an annual pilgrimage down to the stick to watch the 9ers play live from Oregon. I don't think the stadium is as bad as some make it out to be (the part of town it's in on the other hand) but no matter the stadium it's the history that makes visiting special. When they tear the place down I'll want to buy a piece for the man cave.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I make an annual pilgrimage down to the stick to watch the 9ers play live from Oregon. I don't think the stadium is as bad as some make it out to be (the part of town it's in on the other hand) but no matter the stadium it's the history that makes visiting special. When they tear the place down I'll want to buy a piece for the man cave.

for a stretch been doing the same from Hawaii. but that 'stretch' ended - will end - this season. :bawling:

IMO the Stadium IS bad...physically, but you're right about its history. even for someone like me who didn't grow up in the Bay area, does have a special history.

have every intention to see a game next season, and bracing for the cost of a ticket. :gaah:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! Sadly I won't make it out there this year as planned. Wanted to see the stick(no dirty jokes) at least once before it went down but oh well. I will make it for the new one!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for a stretch been doing the same from Hawaii. but that 'stretch' ended - will end - this season. :bawling:

IMO the Stadium IS bad...physically, but you're right about its history. even for someone like me who didn't grow up in the Bay area, does have a special history.

have every intention to see a game next season, and bracing for the cost of a ticket. :gaah:

The wind sucks and if you get stuck in the baseball section (tucked behind the other seats where you can't see) it is awful but I grew up in north Ohio and going to the old Cleveland stadium was far and away worse. That being said it'll be great to have a modern stadium with a little better surroundings. That being said I may have to sell a kidney to get a seat.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The wind sucks and if you get stuck in the baseball section (tucked behind the other seats where you can't see) it is awful but I grew up in north Ohio and going to the old Cleveland stadium was far and away worse. That being said it'll be great to have a modern stadium with a little better surroundings. That being said I may have to sell a kidney to get a seat.

that's what i'm expecting too. guess i'll set my sights on the cheapest seat?