• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

1) Russell Wilson -

Last year's game in Carolina was early in the season, and many Seahawks fans know that Wilson wasn't given full reign to the offense until nearly the mid point of the season. Look for the Seahawks to run the ball a lot, which will make Wilson more effective on those play action passes that make this offense.

2) Run defense.

Seattle should look to contain the run this game at all cost. Make Cam Newton beat you with his arm. Questions about the pass rush should be muted a little for this game as we really want Newton to throw the ball.

3) Golden Tate, Sidney Rice & Stephen Williams

There should be plenty of opportunities for this team to go deep this game, and these three all have skills to get deep, get open and make huge plays. If Wilson has the time, then there could be a chance for some big vertical plays.

Negatives:

1) 10 am.

History hasn't been kind to the Hawks at 10 am. Many fans have already expressed their displeasure about the number of 10 am games, so that won't be re-hashed. Seattle was by far a much better second half team last year, so they need to come out and play well early so they can have the freedom to play loose.

2) Luke Kuechley

This kid has shown himself to be the real deal, and he can make any play at any time. The Seahawks will need to know where he is and try to get him out of the play, whenever possible. If he makes tackles, they need to be downfield.

Match Ups to Watch:

1) Cam Newton vs. Bobby Wagner

Cam Newton will be the biggest (larger than nearly all our LBs) mobile QB the Hawks will face this season. Wagner will not only have the mind game with Newton as the defensive signal caller, but he (like all the LBs) will need to help keep Newton honest by making clean tackles when he runs and not allowing him to have Greg Olson in the passing game. The defense needs to see if they can't get Newton to drop that head like was such a problem for him last season.

2) LOB vs. WRs

If the front 7 make Newton beat us from the pocket, it'll be up to the LOB to make sure that can't happen. Steve Smith will have to be contained, as the rest of the WRs aren't that great.

3) Hawk Oline @ Panther front 7

The Seahawks entire offense will be based on how well they can handle the Panthers front 7. If holes are opened for those three Mack trucks that the Hawks call RBs, then the Panther safeties could have a long day. Kuechley especially will need to have someone get a hat on him.

Overview:

The Seahawks need to feature the run, and the play action (nearly certain that the first play of the game will be play action, Bevell seems to love that). If the three headed monster gets it going early, it could be a long day for the Panthers D.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up.

FINALLY!!!! THE SEASON IS HERE!!!! I'm so freakin' pumped for today.

This is gonna be a great season boys.

GO HAWKS!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

1) Russell Wilson -

Last year's game in Carolina was early in the season, and many Seahawks fans know that Wilson wasn't given full reign to the offense until nearly the mid point of the season. Look for the Seahawks to run the ball a lot, which will make Wilson more effective on those play action passes that make this offense.

2) Run defense.

Seattle should look to contain the run this game at all cost. Make Cam Newton beat you with his arm. Questions about the pass rush should be muted a little for this game as we really want Newton to throw the ball.

3) Golden Tate, Sidney Rice & Stephen Williams

There should be plenty of opportunities for this team to go deep this game, and these three all have skills to get deep, get open and make huge plays. If Wilson has the time, then there could be a chance for some big vertical plays.

Negatives:

1) 10 am.

History hasn't been kind to the Hawks at 10 am. Many fans have already expressed their displeasure about the number of 10 am games, so that won't be re-hashed. Seattle was by far a much better second half team last year, so they need to come out and play well early so they can have the freedom to play loose.

2) Luke Kuechley

This kid has shown himself to be the real deal, and he can make any play at any time. The Seahawks will need to know where he is and try to get him out of the play, whenever possible. If he makes tackles, they need to be downfield.

Match Ups to Watch:

1) Cam Newton vs. Bobby Wagner

Cam Newton will be the biggest (larger than nearly all our LBs) mobile QB the Hawks will face this season. Wagner will not only have the mind game with Newton as the defensive signal caller, but he (like all the LBs) will need to help keep Newton honest by making clean tackles when he runs and not allowing him to have Greg Olson in the passing game. The defense needs to see if they can't get Newton to drop that head like was such a problem for him last season.

2) LOB vs. WRs

If the front 7 make Newton beat us from the pocket, it'll be up to the LOB to make sure that can't happen. Steve Smith will have to be contained, as the rest of the WRs aren't that great.

3) Hawk Oline @ Panther front 7

The Seahawks entire offense will be based on how well they can handle the Panthers front 7. If holes are opened for those three Mack trucks that the Hawks call RBs, then the Panther safeties could have a long day. Kuechley especially will need to have someone get a hat on him.

Overview:

The Seahawks need to feature the run, and the play action (nearly certain that the first play of the game will be play action, Bevell seems to love that). If the three headed monster gets it going early, it could be a long day for the Panthers D.

My biggest concern is our defense at this point simply because were missing some key players... Coach Carroll talked about building a deep roster for this exact reason so I hope the back-ups step up and do there jobs... Offensively we should be fine... Defensively were gonna have to dig in and show our depth... This will not be and easy task, so Seattle needs to buckle down and scrap this one out... I"m sure Carolina isn't shaking looking at our pass rush right now... Let's hope Browner play's also because were already missing some key guy's....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got the word ... Browner is out... Seattle's D is gonna need to be scrappy today... Short handed.. I like our depth at the corner position though ... My biggest concern is our pass rush PERIOD on defense...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
September 8, 2013 11:48 am Brandon Browner out against Panthers
by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com
Seahawks CB Brandon Browner will not play against the Panthers week 1.
Browner started 12 games with the club last season, picking off three passes. He started all 16 games with the club in 2011.

Well that settles that. Crap!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem and Avril officially out too.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got the word ... Browner is out... Seattle's D is gonna need to be scrappy today... Short handed.. I like our depth at the corner position though ... My biggest concern is our pass rush PERIOD on defense...

Actually, this may not be as bad as one would think. Browner has problems with shorter speed WRs, so having Thurmond on Smith may not be as bad as one would normally think. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I want Browner out (I've been a huge fan of his since he was signed), but just a comment of the comfort level with our depth.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we come out ballin', I feel our offense matches up better versus their defense than I think their offense matches up against our depleted D. Schofield and Mayowa both showed that they were comfortable against the #1's during the preseason, and that's if one of them gets the nod over Morgan. I also expect Red Bryant to shift inside at times as well.

Our CBs are so deep that we can afford to have someone like Browner miss a game and not be too big a deal.

With an hour until the season starts, this game is the time to prove that we have the depth that we've all been talking about for the last couple months.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here's been my football weekend so far:

Washington State 10, Southern California 7
15 Texas 21, Brigham Young 40
Western Oregon 14, Eastern Washington 43
Utah State 52, Air Force 20

So, Seahawks are gonna make me a perfect 5-0, and I can't remember ever having that good a weekend.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a complete 180 from the last time we faced Carolina where our defense shouldered the team and literally carried them to victory.

I feel like today, the offense has to come out strong early on. Kill them with efficient methodical offense early on, move those chains, run that ball, throw pin point passes...then as we reel those safeties in closer...hit em with a deep ball.

I'm actually excited to see what Thurmond is able to bring to the table. If he can truly step up today...show that he is a capable starter...and for the season prove that he can remain healthy...as much as I love Browner and what he brings to the table...if there was an issue with cap...Browner may be expendable and Thurmond may just be his replacement.

Thinking way too far ahead though...let's see Thurmond do it on the field for a whole season first

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this last hour before kick off is just dragging on and on. Let's get this started already!!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Fox, watching their pregame show, and the screens behind the stage are running advertisements for Phineas and Ferb. So even when they are playing their own show, they're also advertising for Disney!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go!!!!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Time!!! Let's have a great season!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally time for some football.

Hope Hawks fans are not over looking the Panthers. I feel like they have had a really solid roster the past few years and have just under performed. There is a lot of potential on this team.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see those Steve Smith vs. Richard Sherman highlights

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who cannot stand 90% of Fox's T.V. football announcers? To be quite honest with you I can't stand any of TV's play by play guys other than Gus Johnson, the Sunday Night Football crew and the Monday Night Football crew.

Why is it that radio play by play is always so superior to T.V. play by play? If not for the time delay I'd mute the T.V. and listen to the radio, seriously I cannot stand these guys.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another negative I'd mention is the Seahawks penalty problem. For all of Pete Carroll's positive aspects, keeping his players under control is certainly not one of them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Carolina gets the ball first

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go! Don't give up 7 on the opening drive!