• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean McVay: Jared Goff has improved; We’ll let best player play

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff will be the starter week 1 unless he gets injured or something.

But, if he does struggle for 2-3 weeks, does McVay bench him in favor of Mannion?

I mean, if McVay sees Goff struggling, he could go with Mannion thinking Goff needs another year to sit and learn ( ala Rodgers ).

If Mannion struggles, you put Goff back in. If Mannion is successful, maybe they could trade Goff.

Stranger things have happened.

The Skins were criticized for drafting Cousins the same year they took RG3 and look what happened. Where would they be right now had they not done that?

Keep an eye on Gurley!
IMO, if Gurley has a good year, well then our qbs should only have to be an average "game manager"! If Gurley falters, our qb wont have much of a chance. I will then point blame at the interior o-line.

If Gurley has a good year and our qb still falters, well then something is wrong with the qb. Move on to the next guy! We all know Gurley has what it takes, in order for him to be successful he needs some blocking up front!

Cousins over RG3 caught a lot by surprise! But you got to admit, their offense had more play makers than ours has,(decent tackles, wrs and rb) making that easier to happen. It still remains to be seen how our new additions will pan out. You are right when you say stranger things have happened! That's why I think it would be a nice story if Mannion stepped up as our new qb!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Gurley!
IMO, if Gurley has a good year, well then our qbs should only have to be an average "game manager"! If Gurley falters, our qb wont have much of a chance. I will then point blame at the interior o-line.

If Gurley has a good year and our qb still falters, well then something is wrong with the qb. Move on to the next guy! We all know Gurley has what it takes, in order for him to be successful he needs some blocking up front!

Cousins over RG3 caught a lot by surprise! But you got to admit, their offense had more play makers than ours has,(decent tackles, wrs and rb) making that easier to happen. It still remains to be seen how our new additions will pan out. You are right when you say stranger things have happened! That's why I think it would be a nice story if Mannion stepped up as our new qb!

I liked Cousins in that draft as a midround prospect, so his emergence isn't really a shock. The shock was RG3's demise. He's been damaged goods ever since that injury, really too bad for such an initial talent. QBs with a slight build can't be runners in the NFL.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cousins in that draft as a midround prospect, so his emergence isn't really a shock. The shock was RG3's demise. He's been damaged goods ever since that injury, really too bad for such an initial talent. QBs with a slight build can't be runners in the NFL.

Didn't really get into specifics about the Redskin qb "Shock"! Other than a lot were "surprised" and it sounds as you were as well!

Come on Shops, you have to admit the Redskin scenario is almost identical to ours! They gave up the farm just like we did!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't really get into specifics about the Redskin qb "Shock"! Other than a lot were "surprised" and it sounds as you were as well!

Come on Shops, you have to admit the Redskin scenario is almost identical to ours! They gave up the farm just like we did!

...and RG3 had a huge rookie season, leading his team to the playoffs. Are you expecting Goff to do that in his first year? I had Cousins rated higher than Mannion coming out of college as well.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now! Try and stay optimistic! :yes:

I know right! .....Part of me thinks :scratch: that one of these guys could be the next "Brett Farve" but then again, we are the RAMS and stuff like that just doesn't happen to us!

I would just like to see one of these qbs lead this offense! To me an 8-8 season would be a huge improvement in coaches 1st season, considering the mess that he was handed by Fisher & com. I would just like to see our offence stay on the field a little longer giving our defense a breather!

On the other hand, this could really blow up in our faces if both of these qbs fail early on! :L Question is, if they both do fail, what will we be picking again in next years draft?.... Another qb? :trash:
The number three guy is a sleeper. He had a real good college career. Please Lord don't let it come to that. lol

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are being a bit too critical at this point... We have a 22yo QB who actually WANTS to get better... Is he the PERFECT model of a Franchise QB? Perhaps not, but we have him and I'm encouraged by how hard he seems to be working...
The truth? It might actually take one more season of "tutelage" from Mcvay and company for him to really reach his potential...If that means Mannion starting this season, I actually have no problem with it, but I don't think that will be the case...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I almost forgot to mention... We had a JOKE of an offensive coaching staff last season so in a way, this is his real rookie season...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and RG3 had a huge rookie season, leading his team to the playoffs. Are you expecting Goff to do that in his first year? I had Cousins rated higher than Mannion coming out of college as well.

Never once did I compare or expect Goff to outplay RG3! Its pretty funny how you consistently misconstrue or twist things around! Did you flunk reading and comprehension class? :crazy:

But I did say the "Scenario" is the same! You know trade up, #1 over all pick, qb , back up qb waiting in the wings. Can you say >>Scenario<<???.........Does that make sense to you? :hope:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number three guy is a sleeper. He had a real good college career. Please Lord don't let it come to that. lol

If it gets to that point we're done!
I think we'll know right away on how successful our offense will be. Our 1st 5 games are:

week 1- Host Indy
week 2- Host Washington
week 3- @ San Fran
week 4- @ Dallas
week 5- host Seattle

3 home games. We some how need to develop a run game in order for our qb to play well.(whom ever that may be) IMO this falls on our o-line play!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are being a bit too critical at this point... We have a 22yo QB who actually WANTS to get better... Is he the PERFECT model of a Franchise QB? Perhaps not, but we have him and I'm encouraged by how hard he seems to be working...
The truth? It might actually take one more season of "tutelage" from Mcvay and company for him to really reach his potential...If that means Mannion starting this season, I actually have no problem with it, but I don't think that will be the case...

That 22 yo QB needs some help! In order for him to stay upright he needs some push up front! He needs multiple weapons that can get separation! He needs a run attack! Question is, do we have any of that??

I really don't think that our interior o-line has improved at all? :L Sure our left side is solid, we brought in LT Whitworth and Saffold will play LG, that should be solid! But what about the rest? I only see John Sullivan listed as our only center on the roster. John Sullivan?? IMO center position is critical to our qbs/rbs success(whom ever that maybe)

Point is, we ALL want to see our 22 yo play well! But he NEEDS HELP in order to do so! :2cents:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once did I compare or expect Goff to outplay RG3! Its pretty funny how you consistently misconstrue or twist things around! Did you flunk reading and comprehension class? :crazy:

But I did say the "Scenario" is the same! You know trade up, #1 over all pick, qb , back up qb waiting in the wings. Can you say >>Scenario<<???.........Does that make sense to you? :hope:

It's only similar in the vaguest way.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is encouraging and I hope all the stories are not just a load of hype to get the fans' hopes up for another year. If this is indeed the truth, I'll be the first to order a heaping serving of crow and gladly devour!

There are signs that second-year Rams QB Jared Goff might be much improved

I like Whitworth's comment, "he has a little swagger to him". Sounds as though he is absorbing the new play book quickly. Really the only negative that I get from this article is Tavon Austin will be MIA until late july! :trash:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Whitworth's comment, "he has a little swagger to him". Sounds as though he is absorbing the new play book quickly. Really the only negative that I get from this article is Tavon Austin will be MIA until late july! :trash:
:agree:

But more compelling for me than the comment zeke, was the source.

Ten years in the league, an All Pro & 3X ProBowler, fair guess to say he knows just what that really means.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tavon, a negative??? Shocker!!! :D :lol:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson has been traded to the Lions for a 2018 6th round draft pick!