• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean McVay: Jared Goff has improved; We’ll let best player play

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a little bit better now...lol

Man...IDK!
This article sounds the same as far as Goff being unknown at this point. When coach states that Goff is the starter "right now", that tells me that he has his reservations about him. They did speak highly of Mannion! :clap: Saying that his play has improved from last year. We need some one to step up! ....Go Sean Mannion!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...IDK!
This article sounds the same as far as Goff being unknown at this point. When coach states that Goff is the starter "right now", that tells me that he has his reservations about him. They did speak highly of Mannion! :clap: Saying that his play has improved from last year. We need some one to step up! ....Go Sean Mannion!
c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8.jpg

:lol:

I think you are putting a lot of weight in that caveat of 'right now'. Competition is good, we aren't even into mini camp and this is a first time HC in his first year.

He is saying what he is suppose to say...

Goff will be the starter come Week 1, unless something drastic happens.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8.jpg

:lol:

I think you are putting a lot of weight in that caveat of 'right now'. Competition is good, we aren't even into mini camp and this is a first time HC in his first year.

He is saying what he is suppose to say...

Goff will be the starter come Week 1, unless something drastic happens.

Sure it's early and yes coach is encouraging competition. But I wouldn't be so sure about naming the starter just quite yet!
One thing is for certain here! .....Coach is NOT bias! Which means best player will start week 1!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's early and yes coach is encouraging competition. But I wouldn't be so sure about naming the starter just quite yet!
One thing is for certain here! .....Coach is NOT bias! Which means best player will start week 1!
Not wanting to argue, but I just don't think we see it the same way.

Coach was brought in to coach the teams investment. I mean, that's the reason he is here IMO. I think stating he is not married to the guy is just not reality and it's not just you Zeke, I've seen this written and said by many a sports writer and commentator, but for everyone of them I have also seen those same type of professionals say what I'm saying here. Coach was brought in because he was convincing in his interview, that he liked what he saw in Goff and he could get the most out of him as opposed to other HC prospects.

The only thing that gives me pause to your take is this... I believe McVay was part of the coaching staff that put Cousins ahead of RGIII once and for all and made the backup the F/T starter in Washington.

Either way, both Jared and Sean will get 3 years of this offense, again as long as nothing drastic happens, so both will grow in their roles, and Sean as the backup holding the clip board could end up as the starter in the mold of Rogers for the next guy should McVay and Goff fail to get it going.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wanting to argue, but I just don't think we see it the same way.

Coach was brought in to coach the teams investment. I mean, that's the reason he is here IMO. I think stating he is not married to the guy is just not reality and it's not just you Zeke, I've seen this written and said by many a sports writer and commentator, but for everyone of them I have also seen those same type of professionals say what I'm saying here. Coach was brought in because he was convincing in his interview, that he liked what he saw in Goff and he could get the most out of him as opposed to other HC prospects.

The only thing that gives me pause to your take is this... I believe McVay was part of the coaching staff that put Cousins ahead of RGIII once and for all and made the backup the F/T starter in Washington.

Either way, both Jared and Sean will get 3 years of this offense, again as long as nothing drastic happens, so both will grow in their roles, and Sean as the backup holding the clip board could end up as the starter in the mold of Rogers for the next guy should McVay and Goff fail to get it going.

Got ya!!
I don't disagree with anything that you've already stated! With the exception of the week 1 starter being Jarod Goff! Do I think he is the favorite to win the starting job??..... Absolutely!! My head says Goff, my heart says Mannion! As stated before, I would think that it would be a great story to see Mannion pull it off! One of these guys need to play well or we are going be drafting another qb in the top 10 real soon! :L

After reading Buncs/Angels above post, both stated they feel better after reading that article. To me that article didn't tell us anything that we already didn't know! Both QBs have a long way to go. But it was nice to read that Mannion is ballin right now!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff will be the starter week 1 unless he gets injured or something.

But, if he does struggle for 2-3 weeks, does McVay bench him in favor of Mannion?

I mean, if McVay sees Goff struggling, he could go with Mannion thinking Goff needs another year to sit and learn ( ala Rodgers ).

If Mannion struggles, you put Goff back in. If Mannion is successful, maybe they could trade Goff.

Stranger things have happened.

The Skins were criticized for drafting Cousins the same year they took RG3 and look what happened. Where would they be right now had they not done that?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...IDK!
Actually I've kind of decided to steel myself to the fact that Goff was a huge mistake. We should be hearing better things about him than we are at this point of the off season. He has a lot to prove in my opinion. When the backup is getting more attention than the starter it's not good. Go Mannion

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I've kind of decided to steel myself to the fact that Goff was a huge mistake. We should be hearing better things about him than we are at this point of the off season. He has a lot to prove in my opinion. When the backup is getting more attention than the starter it's not good. Go Mannion

Come on now! Try and stay optimistic! :yes:

I know right! .....Part of me thinks :scratch: that one of these guys could be the next "Brett Farve" but then again, we are the RAMS and stuff like that just doesn't happen to us!

I would just like to see one of these qbs lead this offense! To me an 8-8 season would be a huge improvement in coaches 1st season, considering the mess that he was handed by Fisher & com. I would just like to see our offence stay on the field a little longer giving our defense a breather!

On the other hand, this could really blow up in our faces if both of these qbs fail early on! :L Question is, if they both do fail, what will we be picking again in next years draft?.... Another qb? :trash: