• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean McVay: Jared Goff has improved; We’ll let best player play

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eric Dickerson has anything to say about it, Mannion will be the starter. Let them both compete and if Mannion wins it outright, then play him and stop all the "But-we-paid-alot-for-Goff" talk!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson needs to STFU. Dude is clearly just wanting attention and trying to build up his image in the age of social media.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eric Dickerson has anything to say about it, Mannion will be the starter. Let them both compete and if Mannion wins it outright, then play him and stop all the "But-we-paid-alot-for-Goff" talk!

Even if Mannion looked better than Goff, I don't think McVay would start him.

McVay is not tied to Goff, but Snead still is. The only way Mannion would start is if Goff got injured.

But Dickerson was right about one thing. They should've played Mannion last season to see what they had because Keenum was a waste of time. Everyone knew he was just a placeholder. At least if Mannion did something, they could've traded him for something of value for the team.

Instead, they basically have 2 rookie(ish) QB's with unknown futures.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A young coach...will he be malleable and do what the front office wants? play Goff because the Rams spent so much to get him? I kind of doubt it, McVay wants to win and Mannion just may be his best bet to do just that. I can hardly wait for the preseason.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe Xanders will teach Snead some sense but don't hold your breath. As I have stated all along, the problem with this team starts with the limp biscuit. McVay may be the new Dick Vermeil but the underlying core problems with this team reside squarely at the feet the LIMP BISCUIT!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN also ranks the Rams 31st in FO management as well, Vita. I don't trust much from the PC-rich ESPN about anything to do with the Rams. Mannion may be bad but what are they basing their assessment on? The dude has played less than five regular season games and he has only been in the league what, three years starting this year?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude has played less than five regular season games
I think this is exactly what they are basing it on. With that however I heard yesterday on NFL radio, that half the league has backup QB's on rookie contracts.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our friend in San Francisco, Bill Walsh stated along time ago that the QB position will suffer in the NFL in the future because it takes at least 3-4 years of NFL tutelage to have a QB that is worth his playing time and money. He predicted the league would become crappy at the QB position because of the need for franchise owner's to win now rather than take the long-term approach and train their QB's in-house.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our friend in San Francisco, Bill Walsh stated along time ago that the QB position will suffer in the NFL in the future because it takes at least 3-4 years of NFL tutelage to have a QB that is worth his playing time and money. He predicted the league would become crappy at the QB position because of the need for franchise owner's to win now rather than take the long-term approach and train their QB's in-house.
Makes sense to me Retro....in the world of instant results. You have a good memory.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be in big trouble.....:L
If we struggle, we could be drafting pretty high, and there could be three very good PAC12 QB's for the taking...

You will hear a lot about this guy from the PAC this year...

Sam Darnold USC
sam-darnold-usc-football-josh-rosen-quarterback-battle.jpg

And this guy...

Jake Browning, UW
gettyimages-493168726.jpg

But possibly the 3rd QB off the board, this year could be this guy, who could end up being the best of the three when it's all said and done. Where ever we pick, in the first round, if this guy is there, get him.

Josh Rosen, UCLA
GettyImages_610214672_4ogevgr5_298aoe0q.jpg

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we struggle, we could be drafting pretty high, and there could be three very good PAC12 QB's for the taking...
Lets hope we don't have to do that. Goff will get it going. I know he didn't look very good last season but neither did the rest of the team. Surround him with talent and see what happens.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope we don't have to do that. Goff will get it going. I know he didn't look very good last season but neither did the rest of the team. Surround him with talent and see what happens.
I agree, I bet he would have been fine in Dallas.

I think it's amazing how good QB's can be when the team has an awesome OL. And as I recall, I really wanted Martin!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You will hear a lot about this guy from the PAC this year...

Sam Darnold USC
sam-darnold-usc-football-josh-rosen-quarterback-battle.jpg

And this guy...

Jake Browning, UW
gettyimages-493168726.jpg

But possibly the 3rd QB off the board, this year could be this guy, who could end up being the best of the three when it's all said and done. Where ever we pick, in the first round, if this guy is there, get him.

Josh Rosen, UCLA
GettyImages_610214672_4ogevgr5_298aoe0q.jpg

Holy hell Vita.. We've got 2 Pac12 QBs on the roster now. Think we need a 3rd? Dam homers :kermit: Maybe we should get a QB from somewhere that actually sees legit defenses throughout the year.

:harbaugh:

And with all the negativity I'm hearing about the Rams in here, I'm starting to think WE GOT A SHOT!!
The Kool-aid doesn't seem to be flowing like it usually does around here this time of year.

Day before training camp opens.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.. If Mannion looks better than Goff, McVay still plays Goff because Snead is still around?

So we have to wait until Snead is fired to play the best QB? Demoff too?

I don't think McVay will throw games right out of the gate. I think this guy comes out with his best players - right out the gate.

Could be wrong and if I am, McVay is just another puppet in this organization.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell Vita.. We've got 2 Pac12 QBs on the roster now. Think we need a 3rd? Dam homers :kermit: Maybe we should get a QB from somewhere that actually sees legit defenses throughout the year.

:harbaugh:

And with all the negativity I'm hearing about the Rams in here, I'm starting to think WE GOT A SHOT!!
The Kool-aid doesn't seem to be flowing like it usually does around here this time of year.

Day before training camp opens.
Wait!

First, I never wanted the Rams to draft Mannion, so that's one less PAC QB on the Rams roster. Then again, this homer would have drafted Hundley in the 3rd, so if it were up to me, we would have 1, in exactly the same place as Sean in terms of his rookie contract. (Wouldn't have waited until the 4th, even though he would have still been there. LOL!) Anyway, I just have this feeling that Brett would have been able to beat out Keenum last year and would have a full year as the Rams starter.

Second, since we weren't in that situation with Brett Hundley, I never wanted the Rams to move up. They had some good choices at QB drafting at 15. That rookie of the year from the SEC was still there. Damn he was still there for a few rounds as I recall. Even then, after the trade up, I'm on record prior to the draft that I wanted the Rams to go with the D2 QB in Wentz, because I liked that he was a gamer, and a Champion.

Last, I'm not saying trade up for any of the three QB's I posted, just that they will get a lot of press, but I'm going to tell you, this kid at UCLA is going to be special in the NFL, and wherever the Rams draft in the first round, if he is on the boards, they have to take him as he will be the BPA IMHO whenever the Rams draft in the first round. It sort of is in the same vein as the Redskins drafting Cousins in the 3rd after trading up to draft RGIII.

Now on to your hack comment on PAC QB's. :dhd:

There have been some damned good Pro QB's to come out of the PAC:
  • Aikman - UCLA
  • Bledsoe - Washington State
  • Elway - Stanford
  • Fouts - Oregon
  • Luck - Standford
  • Mariotta - Oregon
  • Moon - Washington
  • Palmer - USC
  • Plummer - Arizona State
  • Plunkett - Stanford
  • Rodgers - Cal
Eventually, when Hundley gets his shot in Green Bay, I believe he will add his name to this list, and we Rams fans will be lamenting on that one too.