• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean McVay: Jared Goff has improved; We’ll let best player play

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!

First, I never wanted the Rams to draft Mannion, so that's one less PAC QB on the Rams roster. Then again, this homer would have drafted Hundley in the 3rd, so if it were up to me, we would have 1, in exactly the same place as Sean in terms of his rookie contract. (Wouldn't have waited until the 4th, even though he would have still been there. LOL!) Anyway, I just have this feeling that Brett would have been able to beat out Keenum last year and would have a full year as the Rams starter.

Second, since we weren't in that situation with Brett Hundley, I never wanted the Rams to move up. They had some good choices at QB drafting at 15. That rookie of the year from the SEC was still there. Damn he was still there for a few rounds as I recall. Even then, after the trade up, I'm on record prior to the draft that I wanted the Rams to go with the D2 QB in Wentz, because I liked that he was a gamer, and a Champion.

Last, I'm not saying trade up for any of the three QB's I posted, just that they will get a lot of press, but I'm going to tell you, this kid at UCLA is going to be special in the NFL, and wherever the Rams draft in the first round, if he is on the boards, they have to take him as he will be the BPA IMHO whenever the Rams draft in the first round. It sort of is in the same vein as the Redskins drafting Cousins in the 3rd after trading up to draft RGIII.

Now on to your hack comment on PAC QB's. :dhd:

There have been some damned good Pro QB's to come out of the PAC:
  • Aikman - UCLA
  • Bledsoe - Washington State
  • Elway - Stanford
  • Fouts - Oregon
  • Luck - Standford
  • Mariotta - Oregon
  • Moon - Washington
  • Palmer - USC
  • Plummer - Arizona State
  • Plunkett - Stanford
  • Rodgers - Cal
Eventually, when Hundley gets his shot in Green Bay, I believe he will add his name to this list, and we Rams fans will be lamenting on that one too.

Let's add Hundley -- who I liked AND draft another Pac 12 QB next year just to increase our odds! :lol: With 4 Pac 12 QBs -- 1 has to be good.

Luck and Mariota are pretty stout, but they were also studs in college. Those are the only 2 I've seen out of the Pac 12 lately that I'd get excited about. :wank:

Hundley is the perfect QB really when you look at many of these young QBs if you go by Retro's/Bill Walsh's theory. He's been sitting, watching, learning, waiting behind a stud QB.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley is the perfect QB really when you look at many of these young QBs if you go by Retro's/Bill Walsh's theory. He's been sitting, watching, learning, waiting behind a stud QB.
Gotta agree with this part, it's just those next two years on his rookie contract are going to go fast, he'll be on the bench in case of injury this year, and the next will be his last. Do they resign him or does he test FA in in '19? If Rodgers goes down for a few starts in that time, and he shows well, he could be a hot commodity.

As for the PAC thing, all of us wanted Luck or MM we just were not in a spot to get either. You and I both thought Hundley was a good pick had he come out a year earlier, as I recall.

And all I'm saying here, should Rosen be available when we pick, we should draft him. He will be a stud, he is a Rodgers clone if you ask me, except entering college he was better than Aaron was when he entered college.

Mora Jr. has really screwed things up in Westwood though, so he could be the steal of the draft as both of them 'Heisman Trophy Watch' overrated QB's at USC and UW will get all the attention. I mean they could be good, but both are playing with either a lot of top talent around them (That's why most USC QB's fail in the NFL IMHO) or with exceptional coaching as with the Huskies.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope McVay is able to develop Goff. I'd much rather draft an impact WR, offensive linemen or defensive player instead of having to worry about the QB position.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with this part, it's just those next two years on his rookie contract are going to go fast, he'll be on the bench in case of injury this year, and the next will be his last. Do they resign him or does he test FA in in '19? If Rodgers goes down for a few starts in that time, and he shows well, he could be a hot commodity.

As for the PAC thing, all of us wanted Luck or MM we just were not in a spot to get either. You and I both thought Hundley was a good pick had he come out a year earlier, as I recall.

And all I'm saying here, should Rosen be available when we pick, we should draft him. He will be a stud, he is a Rodgers clone if you ask me, except entering college he was better than Aaron was when he entered college.

Mora Jr. has really screwed things up in Westwood though, so he could be the steal of the draft as both of them 'Heisman Trophy Watch' overrated QB's at USC and UW will get all the attention. I mean they could be good, but both are playing with either a lot of top talent around them (That's why most USC QB's fail in the NFL IMHO) or with exceptional coaching as with the Huskies.

Green Bay isn't stupid. My guess is they showcase Hundley this year during an injury if they can and trade him this coming off-season. Same thing Bellicheat does.

Hey if you keep betting on black it's bound to hit! I just wanted to get the banter started. Being a smart ass is what I do. :yo: And I'm ready for football.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's trade Goff and one of our many WRs like Robert Woods and Tavon Austin that we overpaid for to Green Bay for Hundley and a number two pick next year and do it ASAP. lol.