• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Lions Week 2

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the bouncy castle....

But The homer simpson bouncy castle gif is going through my head

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... We get it... You don't like Geno... Hopefully we can lose because of him so you can have something to brag about this week...
FTR, I don't dislike Geno and have never said I do. He's a middling QB that does some good things at times and doesn't make too many turnovers. About the worst I've ever said of him is he's not a QB that can pick up the team and put them on his back by himself, but there are few of those in the league. He's not top 5, but he's better than Lock or any of the other options they have.

And had they lost I would not have put it on Geno. The many offensive penalties were bad, but the lapses on D are still a huge problem and the injuries to most of the O line were bigger factors. Also Walker wasn't around late so not sure what happened there, but injuries have been the story the first two weeks.

And brag? Since when?

Also, saying bad things about the team to get them to prove me wrong has been a thing for a long time. If that really bothers you please really just put me on ignore.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the bouncy castle....

But The homer simpson bouncy castle gif is going through my head

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I don't dislike Geno and have never said I do. He's a middling QB that does some good things at times and doesn't make too many turnovers. About the worst I've ever said of him is he's not a QB that can pick up the team and put them on his back by himself, but there are few of those in the league. He's not top 5, but he's better than Lock or any of the other options they have.

And had they lost I would not have put it on Geno. The many offensive penalties were bad, but the lapses on D are still a huge problem and the injuries to most of the O line were bigger factors. Also Walker wasn't around late so not sure what happened there, but injuries have been the story the first two weeks.

And brag? Since when?

Also, saying bad things about the team to get them to prove me wrong has been a thing for a long time. If that really bothers you please really just put me on ignore.

But imo That is what we need. We got alot of pieces around him so we can afford to have a game manager at qb

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But imo That is what we need. We got alot of pieces around him so we can afford to have a game manager at qb
He's the best option they have. Not much more to say.

My point was saying he knows I dislike him is like what?

You can get frustrated and call a guy out without disliking them. I called out Russ when it was called for and he was easily the best QB the team has ever had.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI a Game Manager type QB wouldn't have did what Geno did at the end of the 4th Quarter just saying. Geno needs something to fire him up, to make him pissed and have some emotion on the field because then he plays better. Just glad his big fook ups today didn't kill us. He should have gave up a Pick 6 but it doinked off the CB's hands and then i still have NO CLUE what he was thinking running all the way back to the god damn 3 yard line. Like i said some times it's just better to be lucky.

Also i don't know if he is the best option on the team because Lock looked like a different QB this past preseason out there. Not only that he has a special arm. Lock probably has the strongest arm ever for a Seahawks QB. I know that doesn't mean diddly but his decision making looked HUGELY improved this preseason also. I think this team would be about the same with either Geno or Lock playing, It's the defense thats going to make or break this season not our QB's. The Defense gave up over 400 yards today and is as strong as a wet paper sack.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win, definitely unexpected given how terrible we looked on both sides last week. My takeaways:
  • Geno was 32/41 (78%), 328 yds, 2 TDs, 0 turnovers. This was in spite of starting with both OTs out of the game and then losing the starting center. He was not perfect, but he played a really good game. You wouldn't know that by the comments from some people in here -- almost like they've just decided to be critical no matter what is actually happening on the field -- but the truth is he was a big reason this team won the game. Hate away.
  • Overall impressive debut for Devon Witherspoon. He can be fairly criticized on the flea flicker TD, but we also don't know what coverage was called. Diggs may have been out of position and also bit on the fake. Witherspoon made some good plays and looked fast with good instincts.
  • The commitment to the passes either behind the LOS or 2-3 yards beyond is baffling. I fully expect it to continue and would love to get a back-room explanation of why they stick with it as well as why they think it's hardly ever resulting in a positive play.
  • After 7 quarters of impotence, the pass rush finally started to get home. Probably helped by some injuries on their side, but it was refreshing to see. Good things happen when you pressure QBs, especially Goff.
  • Has the milk soured with Jason Myers? I won't kill him for the 56 yarder, but that's still a makeable kick indoors. He's already missed as many as he did all of last year (3). Had we lost this game, we would be pointing to those 6 points not scored as a big reason why.
  • We need more physicality and aggressiveness in the box to give a better chance of holding up on some of these 3rd & mediums that seem so easy for our opponent to convert. Hopefully Jamal Adams can help there.
For sure expected to get run off the field here, so a big credit to the team for being ready and turning out a way better effort than a week ago. On to Carolina.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Brown (Center)? I missed it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best option they have. Not much more to say.

My point was saying he knows I dislike him is like what?

You can get frustrated and call a guy out without disliking them. I called out Russ when it was called for and he was easily the best QB the team has ever had.

I was hard on Russ near the end but we are the civilized minority.

Can't buy our thoughts

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win, definitely unexpected given how terrible we looked on both sides last week. My takeaways:
  • Geno was 32/41 (78%), 328 yds, 2 TDs, 0 turnovers. This was in spite of starting with both OTs out of the game and then losing the starting center. He was not perfect, but he played a really good game. You wouldn't know that by the comments from some people in here -- almost like they've just decided to be critical no matter what is actually happening on the field -- but the truth is he was a big reason this team won the game. Hate away.
  • Overall impressive debut for Devon Witherspoon. He can be fairly criticized on the flea flicker TD, but we also don't know what coverage was called. Diggs may have been out of position and also bit on the fake. Witherspoon made some good plays and looked fast with good instincts.
  • The commitment to the passes either behind the LOS or 2-3 yards beyond is baffling. I fully expect it to continue and would love to get a back-room explanation of why they stick with it as well as why they think it's hardly ever resulting in a positive play.
  • After 7 quarters of impotence, the pass rush finally started to get home. Probably helped by some injuries on their side, but it was refreshing to see. Good things happen when you pressure QBs, especially Goff.
  • Has the milk soured with Jason Myers? I won't kill him for the 56 yarder, but that's still a makeable kick indoors. He's already missed as many as he did all of last year (3). Had we lost this game, we would be pointing to those 6 points not scored as a big reason why.
  • We need more physicality and aggressiveness in the box to give a better chance of holding up on some of these 3rd & mediums that seem so easy for our opponent to convert. Hopefully Jamal Adams can help there.
For sure expected to get run off the field here, so a big credit to the team for being ready and turning out a way better effort than a week ago. On to Carolina.
Angry Ufc GIF

I remember last year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Geno stepped up big time. Nice 2nd half turnaround and beast in OT.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas reminding DJ Reed that they are not the LOB...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants down 17-0 to the Dobbs led Cardinals...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are throwing dink and dunk passes anyone in the league can complete 70% of their passes, I think up until the 3rd quarter his YPA was 6.5. Way to ignore his BAD plays that could have/Should have cost us the game. People are so blind some times. Did you forget the dropped pick 6? the scramble back to the 3 the missed wide open Lockett and Fant? Lockett's would have been a TD not a missed FG and Fants would have been a First down not a missed field goal. There was another one on his little 1 yard pass to JSN where i didn't see who it was but they were on the same side of the field about 20 yards down field WIDE open. Smith isn't reading a defense He throws where he looks right now and he "right now" has zero progression. Just watch his head. He is locking onto a single WR 80% of the time. He should have had 2 picks in tonight's game.

Goff was 28-35 323 yards 3TD 1 INT 9.7 YPA 2 sacks for 7 yards not 1 for 17 and a 121.8 rating. Goff was the better QB It's just His Coach was to aggressive going for all those 4th downs. THOSE are what helped us get the lead and gave us a chance to win at the end. Had Detroit won the coin flip we loose this game.

Last edited:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Geno sack might have ended up being a good thing. I'm just speculating of course, but Detroit seemed very nonchalant starting their final drive at midfield and they were totally ok just taking the game to ot. I have no doubt if they had tried to go for the win they would have got it and a longer more up tempo drive might have accomplished that.

Not excusing Geno's mistake of course, just kinda thinking out loud.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the amount they're paying him he needs to be more than a game manager. Not trying to be too critical, I thought Smith was good to great today, outside of one bad play.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a high note though the Beat up oline played REALLY well. Geno had a lot of time back there and rarely was under much stress. Hell it wasn't till the 2 minute warning in the 4th when Detroit got their first and only sack. To be fair they shouldn't have even gave that one up as it was all on Geno.

I give the Oline a B for this game with all the missing pieces and everything. I would have gave it a A but there was some bad snaps and even though thats on the center thats part of the oline lol.

My Game ball if i had one ( lol ) goes to the Oline and what they were able to do today, good for them. In my eyes they were amazing considering i thought they would be bad today and a big reason we lost. They were a non-factor. Helps when your QB only threw 8 passes out of 41 that traveled more than 8 yards in the air. If we are going to play captain Dink and Dunk style Football we have to have ZERO errors. Tom Brady made a HoF career playing like that. He wouldn't make bone headed plays/mistakes though.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i wanted to add that Love SUCKS! Every time someone was getting beat it always seemed to be #20 . His pass coverage skills are on par with Jamal Adams but at least Adams can tackle someone. I was impressed with how well Witherspoon played when you think about it this really was his first action. He looks like a keeper for sure. Also anyone hear anything about Woolen yet?

Oh and Taylor is still crashing inside when he should be setting the edge .. WTF! He can't be THIS STUPID it must be what the coaches want him to do but then we are always getting gashed on the edge from his side!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i wanted to add that Love SUCKS! Every time someone was getting beat it always seemed to be #20 . His pass coverage skills are on par with Jamal Adams but at least Adams can tackle someone. I was impressed with how well Witherspoon played when you think about it this really was his first action. He looks like a keeper for sure. Also anyone hear anything about Woolen yet?

Oh and Taylor is still crashing inside when he should be setting the edge .. WTF! He can't be THIS STUPID it must be what the coaches want him to do but then we are always getting gashed on the edge from his side!

He should be OK