• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford asking for 25M yearly

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he reportedly asked for--in preseason, when he was lighting it up and the Eagles made a desperate push to lock him up. He was probably dumb not to do a big deal then. There are rumors that he doesn't like Philly though and he may just be trying to break out of the city.

I remember. The preseason is when about 80% of the Eagles board was thinking 14-2. :pound:

And I said, Bradford is the best QB in the NFL during preseason and with the Red jersey on.

@Smed55
@27mtrcougar
@zeke2829

Where yous at? :lol: Seems everyone on tHoop tends to feel Bradford isn't all that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they will!

Or they might play it smart tag him, then maybe just maybe they get lucky drafting a QB this year that can be ready for 2017 when he walks....

There's a handful...and I mean a small handful of QBs that can command even $20 mil per on a long term deal. Tag him, draft his position this year, and be ready to transition in '17.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a handful...and I mean a small handful of QBs that can command even $20 mil per on a long term deal. Tag him, draft his position this year, and be ready to transition in '17.

Someone is gonna have to fall (QB wise) they don't have 2nd round cause of the trade for Bradford, but and this is a huge but, Foles is a FA, could get lighting in bottle twice if they can sign him..

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont even know why they would tag him.

The Eagles should just admit they are in a full rebuild mode now and either draft a QB early or find a reclamation project like RGIII to start in 2016.

Overpaying Bradford in 2016 doesn't do the Eagle any good now or in the future. The only reason you tag someone is if you believe they have a long term value to your franchise and just can't figure out the right contract with the player and his agent. There should be no reason for the Eagles to think that Bradford is part of their long term plans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles should just admit they are in a full rebuild mode now and either draft a QB early or find a reclamation project like RGIII to start in 2016.

Overpaying Bradford in 2016 doesn't do the Eagle any good now or in the future. The only reason you tag someone is if you believe they have a long term value to your franchise and just can't figure out the right contract with the player and his agent. There should be no reason for the Eagles to think that Bradford is part of their long term plans.

This. Chip was handed a team with a lot of talent, and he shipped every last piece of talent out. Eagles should trade off anyone that isn't on a rookie contract and start over. I can't imagine the word "chip" isn't a curse word now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points...the one I push back on is full rebuild mode...they were 2 games back with a 3-5 record @ home...4-4 on the road...there is talent on the 53...certainly enough to compete in the NFCE.

Personally...I like RG3 as an option as well...to start in PHI or HOU...but absent of that I need to bridge the gap. I'm with you that Bradford doesn't have to be in stone for '16.

If Pederson and Bradford have a meeting of the minds and he leaves that meeting feeling wanted, then buying a yr via the FA tag allows you to kick the tires. That's still a feather in the cap of the owners in the last CBA...expensive, but I would use it here....if Bradford really wants one last big deal on the why out, he should have a good season coming up.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember. The preseason is when about 80% of the Eagles board was thinking 14-2. :pound:

And I said, Bradford is the best QB in the NFL during preseason and with the Red jersey on.

@Smed55
@27mtrcougar
@zeke2829

Where yous at? :lol: Seems everyone on tHoop tends to feel Bradford isn't all that.

For the record, I didn't drink that kool-aid. I was close to sipping it, but thankfully did not imbibe.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Smed55
@27mtrcougar
@zeke2829

LOL......People are starting to realize what a joke Sam Bradford really is. Its amazing that he still thinks he's worth this amount of money. Just because he was drafted as the 'highest paid rookie ever"(under the old CBA) he continues to demand even a higher contract? His 5 years that he spent with the Rams only crippled the team from signing free agents. Then to top it off he couldn't even stay healthy! He should just retire and buy a secluded island somewhere in the tropics with all of the $$ that he stole from the RAMS.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL......People are starting to realize what a joke Sam Bradford really is. Its amazing that he still thinks he's worth this amount of money. Just because he was drafted as the 'highest paid rookie ever"(under the old CBA) he continues to demand even a higher contract? His 5 years that he spent with the Rams only crippled the team from signing free agents. Then to top it off he couldn't even stay healthy! He should just retire and buy a secluded island somewhere in the tropics with all of the $$ that he stole from the RAMS.

Not to start the hole war of Bradford great/ sucks,

The latter part of the season he was starting to understand Chippers offense, granted there was a ton of dropped balls by wide receivers, ( hitting them in the hands) so that did play with his completion percentage, and I can understand Chippers thought process of trading for Bradford ( again he had Foles looking like a stud)
still I don't understand 25 million, he's high as a kite, I mean he didn't last a whole season again, so I can't justify paying him that much money.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was before the season. Probably after his 10--10 preseason game when his agent thought he might put up huge numbers this year.

Looking at some other contracts in the 20 range is realistic.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Smed55
@27mtrcougar
@zeke2829

The Eagle fans are by far the most negative and doubting fans in the league. We boo our own team. No way 8% let alone your ridiculous 80% of Eagles fans said that. We are the exact opposite bro.

Someone is gonna give Bradford insane money. If it ain't the Eagles there about 15 other teams. That would give him 20+ million.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagle fans are by far the most negative and doubting fans in the league. We boo our own team. No way 8% let alone your ridiculous 80% of Eagles fans said that. We are the exact opposite bro.

Someone is gonna give Bradford insane money. If it ain't the Eagles there about 15 other teams. That would give him 20+ million.

The Browns maybe but then he would be cut when they find out he's a bag of injuries and not that special when he ain't....I don't think he will get near 25, 14-17 is my guess...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's even funnier? Pederson mentioned in his press conference that he was calling all of the offensive plays for the Chiefs in the second half from the Pittsburgh game on. But ask any Chiefs fan and they'll tell you that the offense would have great first halves, build a nice lead, then come out and stink it up in the second half. So basically Pederson took credit for the offense sucking.
2nd half of the season. Drrrp.

Pederson's team has never lost to anyone except the Patriots in Foxboro while calling plays. Don't forget to hear stuff correctly next time.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were ONE who did resist the temptation to party over preseason.

I said 8-8 to 10-6 and a distant 2nd to Dallas. I don't remember any Eagle fan thinking this team would do anything. As I said... we are the most negative fan base in the league