• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo gets traded to?

Where does Romo end up?

• Denver

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • NY Jets

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacksonville

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have had a "wildcard" choice in there. I could see Jerry keeping Tony until the preseason is almost over next year in case another Teddy situation arises. I could see Tony being ok with that as well, since the only team really willing to give something up would be because they feel they are legit contenders next year.

I wouldn't put it past riverboat gambler Jerry.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So buyout?
Not really a buyout. The worst case scenarios for the Cowboys are:
1) Romo leaves and the $8.9M cap hit accelerates into 2017. They would lose his $14M salary from the books. They'd be down a QB but up $5.1M in current cap space and up $8.9M in future cap space, or
2) Romo leaves with a June 1st designation. That would mean keeping his $14M salary on the books until June 1st rather than accelerating his cap hits. They'd be down a QB AND $14M, (rather than $8.9M), until June 1st but after June 1st they'd have space until the $8.9M kicked in in 2018.

The NFL might well have a rule I don't know about that prevents someone who altered their contract in 1 year from being a June 1st designated cut in the following year. If someone knows about such a rule they're free to chime in. As it stands I think the Cowboys could agree a new deal with Romo now but cut him in March with a June 1st designation.

Either way the Cowboys aren't in bad shape. Nor will they be if they want to keep him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a buyout. The worst case scenarios for the Cowboys are:
1) Romo leaves and the $8.9M cap hit accelerates into 2017. They would lose his $14M salary from the books. They'd be down a QB but up $5.1M in current cap space and up $8.9M in future cap space, or
2) Romo leaves with a June 1st designation. That would mean keeping his $14M salary on the books until June 1st rather than accelerating his cap hits. They'd be down a QB AND $14M, (rather than $8.9M), until June 1st but after June 1st they'd have space until the $8.9M kicked in in 2018.

The NFL might well have a rule I don't know about that prevents someone who altered their contract in 1 year from being a June 1st designated cut in the following year. If someone knows about such a rule they're free to chime in. As it stands I think the Cowboys could agree a new deal with Romo now but cut him in March with a June 1st designation.

Either way the Cowboys aren't in bad shape. Nor will they be if they want to keep him.

Keeping him is not a realistic option. He will be VOCAL about sitting the bench, and they don't want a QB controversy.

He'll get dealt one way or the other, but he's never wearing a Dallas uniform again

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping him is not a realistic option. He will be VOCAL about sitting the bench, and they don't want a QB controversy.

He'll get dealt one way or the other, but he's never wearing a Dallas uniform again

If he agreed to be Kubiak and just give clipboard the average QB salary would be OK top me,

If he agreed.....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O/U on how many more of these stupid romo threads 27:suds:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be the Chiefs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is good but he needs a good line to protect him.
I would say it goes beyond just the OL though. Romo has to learn how to take a hit. Part of why Manning and Brady have survived so long in the league with so few injuries is because they learned that sometimes it is just better to fight another play. Romo wants to play hero every play and fight for every yard which is great but it also leads to more hits. That is why even behind a great OL like Dallas Romo still gets injured.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it goes beyond just the OL though. Romo has to learn how to take a hit. Part of why Manning and Brady have survived so long in the league with so few injuries is because they learned that sometimes it is just better to fight another play. Romo wants to play hero every play and fight for every yard which is great but it also leads to more hits. That is why even behind a great OL like Dallas Romo still gets injured.

Sometimes you just have to go down.

But his last one was a weird one, he was going down but it was the way he was hit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you just have to go down.

But his last one was a weird one, he was going down but it was the way he was hit.

True sometimes weird hits/injuries just happen. I just know though he increases his chances of big hits by the way he plays. And while I would love to have the talent of Romo on the Broncos and would hope that he could learn to get that out of his system we don't usually see QB's improve much in that area. Hard to change that type of mentality to fight for every yard.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True sometimes weird hits/injuries just happen. I just know though he increases his chances of big hits by the way he plays. And while I would love to have the talent of Romo on the Broncos and would hope that he could learn to get that out of his system we don't usually see QB's improve much in that area. Hard to change that type of mentality to fight for every yard.

Understood.

If he had more of the Wee One in him he'd be better off.

The Wee One never takes a hit he doesn't have to.

Until he got laid out last weekend by that Falcon. But he needed the 1st down so he took the hit to try to get it that once.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he should start taking tae kwon do to learn how to take a hit.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot of talk about Houston lately. But Denver could make the most sense.